MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Lowz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 sv650n

GreatestRoad iPhone app

I just downloaded this app and noticed there are not that many submitted routes in Houston, so I though I would post about it to get the word out. It looks like a great app, tells you where all the good routes are to go for a good ride on the weekends. Any of you have it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342065901.583791.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	58431
Lowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iphone app the mother Off Topic 2 05-03-2012 09:51 PM
creating iphone app. Anyone know anything? BcFrancis Off Topic 12 09-01-2010 10:40 AM
My favorite Iphone app ... logan5 Off Topic 5 01-14-2010 11:01 AM
Favorite iPhone App? nactx86 Off Topic 29 08-17-2009 06:37 PM
iPhone ringtone app? Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 26 12-03-2008 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowz View Post
I just downloaded this app and noticed there are not that many submitted routes in Houston, so I though I would post about it to get the word out. It looks like a great app, tells you where all the good routes are to go for a good ride on the weekends. Any of you have it?

Attachment 58431
Never heard of it but then again when I used to street ride, we would go out and discover. That's part of the fun IMO. The night before, take a peek at google maps so to have a general I idea of the which roads to hit, and go out and motoexplore. Again, not saying that there is anything wrong with this sort of app thought.

BTW if you in the Houston arrea there are only a handful of decent routes anyways... Now if you're in Austin or better yet in the Pacific Northwest thats an entirely different story.

One last point, I don't want to see zombie riders...like these walkers:

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Kawasaki Z125

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Never heard of it but then again when I used to street ride, we would go out and discover. That's part of the fun IMO. The night before, take a peek at google maps so to have a general I idea of the which roads to hit, and go out and motoexplore.
Yep. Some roads look good on a map, and end up being dirt! D'oh!

Sent from dudewhrsmybike's iPhone using Tapatalk

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
Lowz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 sv650n

Thanks for the advise. And I am with you on motoexploring. I go to Austin often to do camping, hiking, mountain biking, fishing etc. Now that I have my bike I'm planning on taking it up there next time I go, with this app I now know all the local's favorite routes to hit. So I guess it's good for that. Prolly won't use it much for Houston since there are not many like you said. Although there is one posted on there going from Waller to Yankee's Tavern that's suppose to be really good, I am planning on checking it out as soon as this weather clears up

-Lowz
Lowz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement