Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|11-08-2011, 10:36 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
MD Anderson Toy Drive @ Coffee & Cars Dec 3rd Hosted by Houston Performance Driving.
S! MotoHouston Members and Staff!
Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate this holiday season and will be collecting toys for the kids @ MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center. We the HPD Staff formally ask everyone* and anyone* that attends Houston Coffee & Cars to please get involved in this toy drive. These kids are fighting everyday to stay strong and focused while receiving their treatments. Some of these kids are not from Houston and have very little to no family here while at the hospital. These families have stretched their finances to the limits in getting their children the best medical care possible. More than anything these parents want to give them the best Christmas possible. Houston Performance Driving is asking for your help to join together for a wonderful cause.
"The only way for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing"
I. The Mission:
- It is our goal to make the biggest impact possible for these kids at MD Anderson. With your help we can make some very sick kids have a wonderful Christmas. Because of the generosity from the people that visit Houston Performance Driving & Houston Coffee & Cars. Together we can give these kids the support and love they need to continue the fight. With in the goal set forth. We are truly determined to collect and donated more toys then any organization in Houston. Again we ask you to support this endeavor!
- Since 2007 Houston Performance Driving with the help of other auto forums, speed shops, auto clubs, and you the enthusiast has made a major impact. That unity has made this toy drive the largest single donation to MD Anderson every year for the last 5. This could not be done without your generosity. - Thank you.
- More importantly, the kids and families of MD Anderson thank you. As well has the hospital staff and volunteers.
- Houston Coffee & Cars! THANK YOU! Houston Performance Driving (HPD) is very excited to be working with the Houston Coffee & Cars Staff to be able to work together on this project. Coffee & Cars IS* the biggest and best auto gathering in the Houston Area. With the exposure and energy building from the folks that attend Coffee & Cars. We are hoping to exceed last years haul of +3000 toys. We are looking to double last years count, and provide MD Anderson with one GIANT Christmas present. Because of the generosity of Coffee & Cars to allow HPD to hold this toy drive for MD Anderson Children's Caner Center, we are projected to raise +6000 toys.
- Also benefiting will be the Harris and Montgomery County Women's Shelters. We also want to push this one step further by adding the victims of the Tri-County Wild Fires. Between the women's shelters and wild fire victims we believe that this toy drive will be the largest in all of the Houston Area. We can not stress enough that your help is needed to make this fact.
II. Toy Drive Information:
- Where: Houston Coffee & Cars in Vintage Park.
- When: Saturday December 3rd, 2011.
- Who: Everyone!
- Time: 7AM to 11AM
- Why: Toys for MD Anderson!
- Address: 110 Vintage Park Blvd # 270 Houston, TX 77070-4048.
- Website: http://coffeeandcarshouston.com/?page_id=28
III. Toy Drive Outline:
- Please attend Houston Coffee & Cars has normal. Get there between 7AM-8AM. The collection area will be blocked off for easy access. The collection area will be located in the main lot by the Vintage Park arches. There will be (3) BG Product vans along with the tents set up to receive and organize the toys. Also the media group "Wheel Time" 1070 AM Radio Show will be broadcasting from the collection area.
- Once you are on the grounds of Vintage Park. Please walk over to the collection area to drop off your donation. Also remember MD Anderson T-Shirts will be available for purchase. ($20 each).
- Become a MD Anderson Toy Drive Sponsor! By pledging +10 toys your company or family name will be printed on the back of the T-Shirt on the sponsor roster. Please contact the lead coordinator Troy Dixon by email at HPDTDixon@gmail.com. Please provide company, organization, or family name. Leading the charge is Houston Performance Driving.com, Houston Coffee & Cars, BG Products, John Eagle Honda, and Amegy Bank! - Thank you!
- Toy donations: We are requesting toys for boys and girls. Ages 3 to 14. Also please consider that these kids come from all different cultural backgrounds. Cancer is a universal disease that attacks all forms of human life. We want to make sure that everyone is taken care off this holiday. Please make sure ALL toys are NEW and UNWRAPPED. We can not and will not take used toys due to health conditions. Lastly we ask that no donations promote violence or shoot projectiles. - Thank you!
- Please take the rest of the time to enjoy the morning with friends and family. Savor the coffee & cars here in the Houston Area. Please take the time to thank any volunteers you see helping with the toy drive.
- Broadcasting will end at 11AM. "Wheel Time" 1070 AM Radio Show will broadcast the details of the event from Coffee & Cars. Plus interview key coordinators and donors. Please turn on your car radio if you can. Enjoy the show!
- Get home safe and be proud of your actions for donating to this toy drive.
IV. Question or Concerns:
Please contact Troy Dixon (xtc4us) Email HPDTDixon@gmail.com with your questions.
Thank you from all the kids at MD Anderson!
Troy Dixon - Houston Performance Driving Owner & Developer.
- 09 Black C6 Z06 (Houston Stock)
- 02 Electron Blue C5 Z06 (418ci + 150 Shot)
- 11 Black Ford F-250 "BADLANDER" SD SuperCrew 4x4
Houston Performance Driving.com (HPD)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MAD MAX VIP Movie Premier Hosted by Houston Performance Driving! Saturday 5/16/15!||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||9||05-14-2015 10:32 AM|
|MD Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital Toy Drive @ Houston Coffee & Cars Dec. 1st!||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||21||11-30-2012 11:36 PM|
|MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center Toy Drive Hosted by HPD! Friday December 17th!||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||0||12-02-2010 11:33 AM|
|MD Anderson Children's Caner Center Toy Drive! Hosted by HPD. Dec 12th & 13th.||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||4||11-18-2009 11:27 AM|
|MD Anderson Toy Drive Meet*/Cruise to G-Town Dec 15th/16th Hosted by HPD!||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||12||12-15-2007 11:43 PM|