MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
*SPOILER* motogp points

heres the latest in the points race:

Hayden 236

Rossi 224 *

Melandri 209

Capirossi 205

Pedrosa 202

* Rossi cheated to get some of his points, though
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP - The MotoGP penalty points list NewsBot Racing News 0 01-13-2015 08:11 AM
SPOILER MotoGP Qatar SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 19 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Qatar MotoGP test times - Monday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 46 03-05-2009 11:08 AM
SPOILER MOTOGP: Sepang MotoGP test times - Thursday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 22 02-06-2009 08:21 AM
****SPOILER**** MotoGP QP ****SPOILER**** bdubb Taking it to the Track 17 07-20-2008 06:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
quit crying and take it like a man LOL just kidding.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
:laughing6

No your Boy Nicky just cant keep up with the pace..

Rossi did'nt cheat at all :confused2 , that's just Hayden whining to the officials, who did'nt do anything in return!

Nor can Hayden dress for a conference, showing up in shorts @ a proper conference meeting for his own 2 year contract agreement with Honda! :laughing6

#46 all the way baby!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
heres the latest in the points race:

Hayden 236

Rossi 224 *

Melandri 209

Capirossi 205

Pedrosa 202

* Rossi cheated to get some of his points, though
lol...weak. So...12 points eh?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

if hayden dont finish a race bacuase of his "new" parts and rossi podiums....ooh wee!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
if hayden dont finish a race bacuase of his "new" parts and rossi podiums....ooh wee!
lol...but if that happens then rossi wins and hayden can't take "excuse" from his parts...right?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow

Rossi did'nt cheat at all :confused2
yea...he did...go ahead and read up:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17977

motogp officials admitted that rossi did in fact cheat, and they apologised for letting him get away with it. he broke the rule plain as day, but they wont reverse the ruling as motogp rules dont allow them to reverse points.

maybe you should stay a little more informed, or quit being a fan of an outright cheater. :laughing6
Old 09-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #8
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
yea...he did...go ahead and read up:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17977

motogp officials admitted that rossi did in fact cheat, and they apologised for letting him get away with it. he broke the rule plain as day, but they wont reverse the ruling as motogp rules dont allow them to reverse points.

maybe you should stay a little more informed, or quit being a fan of an outright cheater. :laughing6
:laughing6 :laughing6

I think this topic was discussed earlier as well - rossi said he did'nt see the flag. stoner did'nt see it either. Both of them are more concerned about the other corner and not like hayden.

I think you should keep up with both sides of the story.

and dont tell me i'm a fan of a cheater..your the one supporting the kid that dresses in shorts to a conference meeting and only wins coz everyone else is sick or falling down.

I dont ever see Hayden winning clean - its always a win coz Rossi, Capirossi Or Pedrosa is having probs..:laughing6

Suck on it - the MotoGP Staff is to be blamed for not having displayed the Yellow clearly. There was rain, and it was last lap. Last thing on any rider's mind is spotting a corner worker! (Which Hayden was obviously interested in!).

Rules are Rules - Hayden and his fans can whine all about it...you prove that fact! Yes Fact!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 09-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I still want Nicky to win the chanpionship, Rossi's great and all, I like the guy, but I'm sick of him beign the champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

and by the way, Capirossi is freaking hot!! and seems like Sete is getting his act together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #11
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
I still want Nicky to win the chanpionship, Rossi's great and all, I like the guy, but I'm sick of him beign the champion.
But come on, how sweet would it be for Rossi to pull off the championship win in spite of all the problems he's had this year that were out of his control??? Nicky would not be where Rossi is if the same things had happened to him.

Seriously, all Nicky has to do to win the championship is ride like he did in the first half of the season and not blow his launches for 2 more races. But the fact that Rossi has not even received points in 3 races this season and is only 12 points behind Hayden (not to mention only getting 2 pts the first race because of T1 crash), that right there proves he's the real world champion rider this year....not even Chris can argue with that :icon_bigg The championship crown should go to the best rider of the season, and this season it's Rossi.....again.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
The championship crown should go to the best rider of the season, and this season it's Rossi.....again.
If that were the case - then i would like Capirossi to take the championship.

-- and that's coming from someone who loves and admires Rossi enough to actully going to the Social Security office to get his middle name changed to "Rossi" :notworthy .

Seriously though, Capirossi has raced incredibly well this whole season, the only crash that he had - was not even his own fault!

Hayden rides safe - he just does'nt take risks. That's why he's winning this season, coz all the others keep on pushing it and taking risks.

If i remember correctly, Kenny Roberts won his championship in similar fashion, he played his cards safe. Nothing wild - which every one else did. And he fricken won that way! (but only once). Others can confirm that.

So if everyone keeps on faqing up, getting injured, bike issues, risks, pushin in like Nakano did on last lap and went from 5th-6th to DNF, then Hayden should win every time !

And you can be a fan of the satey rider Hayden! Whoohooo!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
GO LORIS
Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #14
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I am pulling for Hayden to win cause he is Mr. consistency on the track. Rossi is the king but its a team effort and even the best rider out there wont win if the team cant provide a good bike.
Haydens team can.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #15
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow

If that were the case - then i would like Capirossi to take the championship.

-- and that's coming from someone who loves and admires Rossi enough to actully going to the Social Security office to get his middle name changed to "Rossi" :notworthy .

Seriously though, Capirossi has raced incredibly well this whole season, the only crash that he had - was not even his own fault!

Hayden rides safe - he just does'nt take risks. That's why he's winning this season, coz all the others keep on pushing it and taking risks.

If i remember correctly, Kenny Roberts won his championship in similar fashion, he played his cards safe. Nothing wild - which every one else did. And he fricken won that way! (but only once). Others can confirm that.

So if everyone keeps on faqing up, getting injured, bike issues, risks, pushin in like Nakano did on last lap and went from 5th-6th to DNF, then Hayden should win every time !

And you can be a fan of the satey rider Hayden! Whoohooo!

, how are those nuts in your mouth?
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 AM   #16
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
that right there proves he's the real world champion rider this year....not even Chris can argue with that :icon_bigg.
watch me:

intentionally or not rossi broke the rules and doesnt deserve all the points he has. even it was unintentional, he was negligent in his duty to follow them.

if i had to say who is the world champion rider right now this very moment it would have to be the guy with the most points. and thats what the points are there to determine. on top of that, he earned all his points.

i expect its going to be hard for nicky to earn the championship in the eyes of fans. its like in boxing, if your a challenger and you want to take a title belt, you need to go for a true knockout. its near impossible to win a title belt on a points decision, even if you deserve it.

yes, even if nicky takes the championship this year, no one will see it as a knockout, due to rossi inept team, and bad luck. unfortunatly for hayden there is nothing he can do about that, rossi and his team did that to himself.

im hoping for a win this year and next. then yall can truly stfu.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #17
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I wouldn't want to win on a technicality, but at the same time.. you can't have guys ignoring flags. And beyond that, you can't have officials that are afraid to enforce the rules.

He can say he didn't see the flag all they want, that's not an excuse.

It's almost like Hopkins getting banned for a race when he caused that pile up that knocked down a couple of the spanish riders. But when the spanish rider (forget who it was) did pretty much the same thing.. Nothing!

The rules should be applied equally, spanish riders, or italian superstars included.

Off-topic, but one of the things that really me off about the NBA (when I used to watch it) was the way the officials enforced the rules in the early stages of the game, but in the closing minutes just 'let 'em play' Ugh, hated that. Gotta be consistent.

:dontknow:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #18
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

^ i totally know what you mean, football is the same way. "holding" is against the rules, but at what level its enforced is all over the place. might change based on what teams are playing to when and where...who knows.

penalties can really make or break a teams momentum. obviously the same is going on in motogp. this is one of those situations where i think the motogp officials will let rossi slide with just about anything. nicky is going to have to be really careful to make sure nothing bad happens, to be sure to keep the points lead.

i dont trust that little yellow afro head for !
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #19
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

man, the whole thing is...if you're riding (in this case racing), are you really going to be looking for flags or looking through the turn like you're supposed to? I think Rossi didn't see the flag...IMO he has no need to cheat, the guy's won 7 championships and not by cheating (he knows this and everyone else does too).

This is not to say that the officials should've let it go bc he didn't see the flag. He passed on yellow and didn't get penalized because it was too late...those are the rules. Hayden went from 16th to 5th because he was able to change bikes due to rain...those are the rules.

Way I see it, the rules have been applied both times, it just worked out better for one of them...even if people think he cheated, it's more probable that Rossi didn't see the flag just like Stoner didn't.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #20
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j14
man, the whole thing is...if you're riding (in this case racing), are you really going to be looking for flags or looking through the turn like you're supposed to? I think Rossi didn't see the flag...IMO he has no need to cheat, the guy's won 7 championships and not by cheating (he knows this and everyone else does too).

This is not to say that the officials should've let it go bc he didn't see the flag. He passed on yellow and didn't get penalized because it was too late...those are the rules. Hayden went from 16th to 5th because he was able to change bikes due to rain...those are the rules.

Way I see it, the rules have been applied both times, it just worked out better for one of them...even if people think he cheated, it's more probable that Rossi didn't see the flag just like Stoner didn't.

:notworthy Nicely and Politely said :icon_bigg

I just gave up - coz no matter what i say Chris here is gonna with Hayden, so no use. Its like arguing with a wall...

But anyways, i Hope Rossi can win it once again & shut all the haters for good

Advertisement