MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

so i'm reading today.............

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love , and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love whom he hath not seen?

Matthew 5:44 Continue to love your enemies.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reading 1984 again... JSki The Circus 14 12-02-2009 04:59 AM
Recommended Reading? yellowjacket Taking it to the Track 26 07-21-2009 09:24 PM
Today's reading is from the Book of Corporate Life. Chapter 1, verses 1-15 Grinchy Off Topic 0 01-15-2009 08:06 AM
tachometer not reading right gaspony How To's and Q & A's 1 09-13-2005 09:56 AM
Can't stop reading.... Yokee Off Topic 45 08-31-2005 11:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Old 09-23-2006, 01:47 AM   #4
paniro187

just posting this up for those people that speak of "i hate thieves" or Like in the cop killed thread "that piece of ____ scum should die." and some still try to turn around and call themselves chrisitians.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 AM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Nice.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:16 AM   #6
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
... and just because ...

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
~Buddha
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:21 AM   #7
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Live by the sword, DIE by the sword.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #8
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

JUST DO IT!!!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 09-23-2006, 03:46 AM   #9
CBR_Ryder
No more bike...

Lean wit' it Rowck wit' it

-Dem Franchaise boyz
CBR_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #10
paniro187

trying to be a bit serious is that a bad thig?? this affects me to with my i hate illegals threads and all that. Just a scripture i came across that makes me think.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:20 AM   #11
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Nah nothing wrong with being serious, I wish more people did, The Bible dictates a lot of how I act, some things might seem insignificant to some but to me they are serious, for example, here is why I never take the Lords name in vain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bible
Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
I think this goes along with your original post

Quote:
Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Also this one relates as well, but it is one I personally have a lot of trouble with, taken literally my relationship with my family is... not that great, Most of my family are people that have hurt me personally and are in jail for different reasons, and when they are free seem to do nothing but cause me pain.. I read this passage and know I should believe but... it's hard to find the strength.

Quote:
Luke 17
1Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

2It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

3Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

5And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:22 AM   #12
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

I could also go on for pages just about luke 17:2(above) as well, but thats a story for another time
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 09-23-2006, 04:25 AM   #13
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

No , its not bad at all. I am a practicing Christian. Not a perfect Christian.
This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and lets start trying
to make it a place worth living in.
Phil Collins
Old 09-23-2006, 04:28 AM   #14
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
No , its not bad at all. I am a practicing Christian. Not a perfect Christian.
This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and lets start trying
to make it a place worth living in.
Phil Collins

I can shouda lean, I dunno how to dance tho

-Young Dro
Old 09-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #15
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

But I respect what your meaning behind this thread, Paniro. Where I am at and what I have seen, it makes me read Scripture all the time. It helps to keep me sane in an insane world. Still the shadows grow long over here.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #16
paniro187

I see those scriptures up there that ramius quoted. People think i'm crazy to believe the way i believe abou the death penalty and things. My whole problem with it is that people want to mix religion and politics yet if you do that you have to understand that the death penalty is wrong. also the feelings that people get wrapped up in when speaking of someone who has done something bad is wrong. I don't know I'm starting to think i might be having somewhat of a revelation of sorts now. A awakening perhaps might be time to for me to go back to the church............my mind has so many things nad ideas swirling around in it right now.............
Old 09-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #17
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

www.bible.com is one of my favorite websites, whatever is on your mind, you can take advantage of the search function and in one click browse the whole Bible for a single word or idea.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't take the place of the Bible, but, for looking stuff up that you don't know where to find.. you can't beat it.

To find those specific quotes I did a search for "forgive" and that was some of the stuff that popped up, I knew them through paraphrasing but this way I was able to give the exact wording and location.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:38 AM   #18
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

I tell you I cant wait to get home and go to church. Just havent been going to the camp chapel here to much lately. I miss playing lead guitar for the 10:00 mass. I try to spice up the contemporary Chritian songs my wife's choir plays with some Santana style leads. hehe
Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #19
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
just posting this up for those people that speak of "i hate thieves" or Like in the cop killed thread "that piece of ____ scum should die." and some still try to turn around and call themselves chrisitians.
back on topic.
There is always going to be a knee jerk reaction to any loss or tragedy like that. Not that people lose sight of their values but they get blinded by their outrage that evil acts can and do occur all the time. It gets me angry and I know more than once I have said "that ****er needs to die!.
But its a knee jerk reaction to the situation.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:58 AM   #20
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

On the death penalty/government thing it can be a little wierd to get into lightly.. it's actually a pretty deep issue because there are a lot of facts and opinions.

Some of the facts are:
established Governent (and I cannot for the life of me find this scripture)

But Jesus was being questioned by an authority figure (I believe it may even have been caesar) and caesar was boasting about his authority, and Jesus told him "You would have no authority, had The Father not given it to you"

So basically, put government on this world, and if that government says death penalty then I guess that makes it ok?

What do you all think? If I can find that passage I'lll post it I think it would help

Advertisement