MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 AM   #61
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Yes he was stupid for doing what he did. Yes he will be dealing with pain and jail time for a long tme. I do feel for his family at some level. As a parent sometimes making hard decisioins like taking away a key may have prevented this. Sometimes as a parent you just want your kid to learn a hard lesson. Not sure what his parents thought but they probably did not want to see their son end up like this no parent does. Luckily he only hurt himself. If he makes it out of this he woud be wise to use the pile of metal as a display and start a program at high schools about what a stupid thiing this was to do and that he is lucky to be alive. It may prevent one person from drinking and driving.

On another note (OFF TOPIC) I am concerned about the banning of people on the site. things can get off topic sometimes but it is no reason to ban people. Just don't respond on that topic and it will go away.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amtrak train in deadly crash estimated to be traveling 107 mph NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-13-2015 02:30 PM
140 mph crash tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-29-2014 08:41 PM
Korry Hogan Top Fuel Motorcycle Crash @ 246 MPH skelator General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-12-2011 01:29 AM
200 mph lambo crash at tx mile Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 10-31-2010 06:20 PM
100+ MPH Crash? Btrthnezr3 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 11-20-2006 02:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #62
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned View Post
cmon now... think about his family
He doesn't give a about his family, why should I?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #63
Davekg
Honda Rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Yes he was stupid for doing what he did. Yes he will be dealing with pain and jail time for a long tme. I do feel for his family at some level. As a parent sometimes making hard decisioins like taking away a key may have prevented this. Sometimes as a parent you just want your kid to learn a hard lesson. Not sure what his parents thought but they probably did not want to see their son end up like this no parent does. Luckily he only hurt himself. If he makes it out of this he woud be wise to use the pile of metal as a display and start a program at high schools about what a stupid thiing this was to do and that he is lucky to be alive. It may prevent one person from drinking and driving.

On another note (OFF TOPIC) I am concerned about the banning of people on the site. things can get off topic sometimes but it is no reason to ban people. Just don't respond on that topic and it will go away.
Not a bad idea, try and savage something for the good.... there's this guy I went to highschool with dove out of a 3rd story hotel window in a paranoid drugged up rage, landed on his head... he pulled out of the coma and survived and now travels around giving talks to high school kids..

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #64
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
you seem to have avoided logic recently.
respect is earned, never given.
if you die doing something stupid, I will make fun of you until something else catches my interest.
if I die doing something stupid, please make fun of me. I'm dead, I can't care. I might as well put a smile on someones' face, even after I'm gone.
nobody cares that you want his family to think other people might feel that racer x is an when he's dead, but getting all moist eyed over a 19 year old turned vegetable is such a leap in logic there must be 2 movies and several meals served during the flight.
I can never understand why there is always someone rooting for the douchebag.
back on topic after mr.emotional drew me away.
that rider was a . we almost lost another future wrecker driver. and we lost a really nice motorcycle, the only really sad part of the story.
Agree

[QUOTE=Sifu-TZ;2752456]was there an opening in the internet police; respect department?
how can anyone about what other people choose to say on an open forum. if the family doesn't want to read about what a dead I am (they know, trust me) they don't have to read it. I don't understand. if racer wasn't being truthful, I'd call him out on it. but he's being honest, and honesty beats feelings every day.[/QUOTE]

yup

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #65
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
the wrong kid died.

OMG POOR KID GOING 157MPH DRUNK WITH A REVOKED LICENSE AND PRIOR RAP SHEET BEING A JUVENILE. POOR POOR KID. SO SAD. POOR KID... one more time, POOR KID.
After a 157 mph crash you could probably stop calling him POOR KID and start calling him POUR KID.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #66
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
He doesn't give a about his family, why should I?
You know out there, there is someone that could make the same arguement about someone that goes down at the track and has the misfortune of passing on. The same argument could be done, "well, they know how dangerous a Motorcycle is and why would they go to some track and try to push the limits. Obviously this person only cared about thrills and had no regard for their family." When a lot of us know that is not necessarily the case. All I'm saying is that when there is a R.I.P thread, and the person that we are asking to rest in pease is a member or a friend, relative, of the person or people that are on here and will be looking at the thread and comments. How bout you keep the bashing and the flaming in another thread that has no relation to the fallen rider. If not out of respect for him/her at least for the family members, loved one and friends. Is that too much to ask for?? I mean, is it THAT neccesary to express those opinions on those threads??

Short answer, to be better than them?

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #67
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
You know out there, there is someone that could make the same arguement about someone that goes down at the track and has the misfortune of passing on.
Except that none of the following would happen on the track
Quote:
If he survives, authorities say he’ll be facing charges of aggravated DUI, reckless driving and criminal speed.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #68
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Except that none of the following would happen on the track
I know, and I understand that, but you know there will be some know it all that will want to chime in and offer that as something to say, just to be an ...

My only beef here (belive me it's not about this Arizona Jerk) it's with Flaming falling MotoHouston Members RIP threads...That's it...To respect the people that are alive and will affect, you know?... I don't think there is a possibility of a fam member or someone that knows this kid to matter ehat we say about him...So flame this douche away...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #69
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
After a 157 mph crash you could probably stop calling him POOR KID and start calling him POUR KID.

quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #70
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
I just lol'd. Shoulda added "amiright?" at the end.

Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #71
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

How about a "wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean, say no more."?
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #72
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
How about a "wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean, say no more."?
your silly devotion to 70's brit humor has not provided us the secret location of the rebels' brain. that one that's a cauliflower now.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #73
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
dickfaced assmongrels like this are the reason insurance is so high. him in his stupid .
who told darwin it was ok to go to lunch?
Liberals. They said "yo D-wizzy, we going to make all the stupid things that get you killed illegal so we don't need yo no mo."
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #74
JDM_ED
Oh Yeah!!! That Guy...

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6

Ouch...
Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #75
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
^^^ THIS!

If someone dies, there is nothing wrong with simply and properly stating what mistake was made in riding. Certainly if there was a simple mistake one shouldn't just bash away on a person's character...

But doing things like doing 135, passing around blind corners, freeway wheelies, etc. is stupid. Not wearing gear is stupid. DUI is stupid. Stupid gets people killed - not just the rider but innocent people as well. If your death can be a learning experience for someone else then at least your life had some purpose.

There is no "honor" in dying because you did something stupid. This moronic idea of "respect the rider regardless of what they did" interferes with people learning from others and encourages others to repeat their mistakes.
Well said.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #76
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
What you fail to understand about my comment is here it goes:

I see no point in bashing a person that is dead, when a person has passed on obviously they payed the ultimate price for the riskd they have taken. An even bigger beef I have is when someone posts up a R.I.P thread about a Rider that is known on the site or someone from the site knows. Then someone comes along and starts bashing them or adding their little .02 on what he did wrong or all this BS (we get it), withought keeping in mind that this person, belonged to a family, had friends and people who loved him. Now on top of dealing with their death, now they have to read some hateful and disrespectful things about their dead loved one??? Come on man, I know there is some where in there where you some what see what I'm talking about and might even a gree a little...

Excuse grammar and spelling, not great at going fast and just got back from lunch.
or any other questions, you can just PM me
remember you have to bear the imbecility of racer x

the E TOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #77
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
So was the person who died/crashed respecting the family/friends when riding like an ?
says the kmoron who rides the forest with no gear

uh wait that thread was magically deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #78
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
says the moron who rides the forest with no gear

uh wait that thread was magically deleted

*Best Ghetto Impresion* AWWWW SNAP!

I guess it all makes sense now... It's impossible to deal with a hypocrite.

I'm clocking out.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #79
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

99 zx9

I know I was 19 and a dumb before, hopefully he will learn if not darwins nippin at his
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement