Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more


Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Lokati's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spring/Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,072

Experience: 10+ years

06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Awesome Cycles

Took the BRC at Awesome Cycles Thursday and Friday. And aside from it kicking my (thats a lot of range time ). It was a TON of fun, the instructor, Walter, did a fantastic job and was very entertaining. I've been riding bikes for 18 years (6 on the dirt, 12 on the street) and I, like many others, procrastinated getting my M endorsement because well... its irritating.

I couldn't have been happier with my choice for BRC though, and give lots of praise to Awesome Cycles. Get out there, and get it done guys. Ride with a peace of mind and learn to ride right.

Awesome Cycles also reinforced everything listed here, from a previous post by Godsuki. Follow it! I have always ridden cautiously and carefully on the streets of Houston, but there is always something you can learn.

80% Rule: Always leave yourself an out. Never ride to your limit, or above it while on the street. By having that cushion, you have plenty of time to scoot out of a situation, and will most always have a large braking zone. Save the other 20% for a closed course, where there is plenty of runoff and medics are on site to help in case of a mishap.

Mind The Gap: Always leave plenty of room in front of, behind, and beside you to escape the inevitable. When those gaps become too small, adjust your position to open them back up.

Ride Through Traffic: I'm not suggesting that you ride it like you stole it, but by going a few mph faster than traffic, you won't be stuck between hazards for any length of time.

Be Seen: I've never understood why bikers wear black. Especially at night! I've heard so many cagers say "I never saw him." Don't be that guy. Wear bright colors. It will catch a drivers eye much faster than dull, drab colors. Use your high beams during daylight hours. It will get you noticed!

Be Respectful: Ride respectfully when in populated areas. Insane noise levels get old real quick. As does guys racing through your neighborhood. Save the hotrodding for the appropriate areas. Respect the communtity, and you'll be welcomed back. Show no regard for anyone or anything, and you'll wear your welcome out real quick. Organize a group and make improvements in the community where your favorite roads are. Make friends there, and you'll get rewarded in the long run. Buzzing the same road several times in a matter of minutes will draw very unwanted attention to you, and the rest of the rest of your two wheeled brethern.

Leave your Ego At Home: It has no place on the streets. Don't ride outside your limits. Don't be pressured to go faster or harder. Have a preset plan before you leave home. If your buddy wants to haul , let him go. You'll be certain to make it to your destination in one piece, will he?

Have A Plan: Know your route, who you're riding with, and emergency contact numbers before you leave.

Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome Cycles misery New Riders and MSF Course Info 0 09-11-2012 03:37 PM
What to say about awesome cycles... _BLKCBR_ Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 5 04-04-2012 08:47 AM
Had an Awesome experience at Awesome Cycles!! rkl56119 New Riders and MSF Course Info 0 12-20-2009 07:22 PM
Thanks Awesome Cycles! allthrottle Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 2 11-01-2009 10:55 PM
Awesome Cycles = Awesome Experience Soup Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 4 05-22-2008 09:43 AM
Old 10-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Most northern tip of the southside
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,878

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM. is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy