MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
Silence

Feedback Rating: (0)

Lights and signals not working after the rain...

After my bike(02 zx6r) was out in the rain all day while I was at work, I went outside to start it up to ride home. I noticed that both of my turn signal lights were lit solid on my gauge cluster. My headlights, turnsignals and breaklights were not working (although the tail lights were lit as if I was pressing the breaks...

has anyone experienced anything like this? I noticed some moisture under my pasenger seat and put a fan on it to dry the wiring out.

My fuses are all good.
any help will be appreciated. I need to ride it to work in the mourning.
thanks
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nassau Bay to replace all street lights with solar lights in spring NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 01-14-2015 10:50 PM
no lights or fuel pump working on my 954 need help nick954 How To's and Q & A's 6 12-26-2012 09:28 PM
brake lights not working waytoospicy How To's and Q & A's 3 05-09-2012 02:55 PM
custom switches? lights/turn signals/ horn loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-24-2012 03:25 PM
Does front turn signals need running lights? rideForrestride How To's and Q & A's 4 09-21-2007 12:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
i dont know a lot about this kinda stuff but sounds like you might have a cracked wire thats shorting out on another wire or hte frame because of the water, you check the wires coming off of the relay going to the light to make sure they where in good condition and all that good stuff?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Silence

just tested the wires that go to the headlights and thy have poer going to them but they arent coming on. Dual filament H4 bulbs. the high and low beams on both lights couldnt have gone out on both headlight bulbs could they?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of water in either your highbeam / turnsignal switch or in one of the plugs, causing a short.
It will probably fix itsef once it dries.
After that, take the plugs apart and lightly apply some dielectric grease to them, and take apart the l/h handlebar switch and lightly spray it with some WD40.
If you continue to have problems afterwards, bring it by and we'll give it a look.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
Silence

You were right Patrick... I think some moisture got into one of the front turnsignals. I took the lens off and removed the bulb and ater drying out for a bit, everything started working fine.
/thanks

chr

Advertisement