MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #41
fasthog

Feedback Rating: (0)

girls bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuNz_j422U
fasthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why i got stranded... DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-07-2014 03:18 PM
NEED HELP! STRANDED wesleh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 09-15-2011 12:51 AM
stranded in austin kpar21 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-22-2011 02:05 AM
Help I'm Stranded. Honda Mami Off Topic 2 03-19-2011 07:14 PM
Stranded Slvr04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-21-2005 12:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #42
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Hmmm.... my dad's 51 panhead needed a quart of oil a week. His '99 softail doesn't have as many miles as my VFR and he has had to replace the master cylinder, rear shock blew, and something else I can't think of at the moment. My uncle has a street glide that had to have the engine replaced in under 25k miles due to the bearings going out so bad it ruined the block. , I just realized, I'm coming up on 24k on my VFR and according to you I need to buy another bike in the next couple months. Crazy considering nothing has been changed from original except oil, tires, chain, sprockets, and battery....
I didnt say ALL Sportbikes, I said most, so there are a couple here that have made it over 20k on their Sportbikes, good job. Your one of the only small percent. Compare yourself to the rest of the Sportbike Community. Maybe 5% or less of Daily Rider Sportbikes have over 20-50k and still run. Im not hating on sportbikes Im just stickin up for a particular Brand of Motorcycle that has been around the longest and still is goin strong, besides all the "Problems" that Sportbike Riders think they have

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #43
fasthog

thomas???

is this you thomas??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thomas.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	37626  
Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #44
ccmatthews

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
k6 1000
00 cr250
02 wr426

lol@^ but wheres your ride faghog?

Last edited by ccmatthews; 08-10-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: fixed
ccmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
I didnt say ALL Sportbikes, I said most, so there are a couple here that have made it over 20k on their Sportbikes, good job. Your one of the only small percent. Compare yourself to the rest of the Sportbike Community. Maybe 5% or less of Daily Rider Sportbikes have over 20-50k and still run. Im not hating on sportbikes Im just stickin up for a particular Brand of Motorcycle that has been around the longest and still is goin strong, besides all the "Problems" that Sportbike Riders think they have
You mean the company thats been bankrupt multiple times and is generations behind in technology?

Yours and fasthog's commitment and loyalty to the brand is what keeps Karley Davidson in business though It has absolutely nothing to do with longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #46
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I grew up with Harley's since I was able to walk. I never bought into the "Harley Lifestyle" and I am sooo glad I did not get brainwashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #47
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Let us know when you see a Goldwing stranded
I saw a guy dump one and it exploded into a thousand little plastic pieces,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #48
Ares

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

this thread deserved 5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #49
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #50
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
You mean the company thats been bankrupt multiple times and is generations behind in technology?

Yours and fasthog's commitment and loyalty to the brand is what keeps Karley Davidson in business though It has absolutely nothing to do with longevity.
Yeah a company that has been around for over 100 years is soon to go bankrupt or get in Financial Trouble, but they battled Back. And im not brainwashed....I have other Brand Motorcycles such as a couple of the Big 4. Im just stickin up for one that I like as well as the other Japan Brand. There will always be tension between Sport Riders and Cruiser Riders. Its just something else thats different from their own so they degrade it. But whats funny is that Sport Riders always talk on the Internet but when yall are out and about like at Bike Nights or Yankees or Rallys etc. we never hear a peep from ya'll? Why is that? Ya'll just sit in the corner with your helmet in your hand?!?!?!? Come say hi and explain why you never talk in public to a group of "Bikers" or "Harley Guys". This is not directed straight to you but everybody in general that just loves to hate a motorcycle and its rider just because of a Brand Name. Thats what is truely ghey

Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #51
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I don't hate people because of their choice in rides. It's usually the harley riders that act snobbish and talk to the sport bike riders. Been there done that at the 3 Sisters. My biggest complaint are these Harley tough guys that says I ride a girly bike because its 600cc yet has 110 hp while there 1600cc couch can only must 50 hp. Its funny because last time I went to the Harley website the did not list their embarassing hp ratings. I keep my mouth shut most of the time but if someone waits to start something I am going to debate the issue.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #52
Ares

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Yeah a company that has been around for over 100 years is soon to go bankrupt or get in Financial Trouble, but they battled Back. And im not brainwashed....I have other Brand Motorcycles such as a couple of the Big 4. Im just stickin up for one that I like as well as the other Japan Brand. There will always be tension between Sport Riders and Cruiser Riders. Its just something else thats different from their own so they degrade it. But whats funny is that Sport Riders always talk on the Internet but when yall are out and about like at Bike Nights or Yankees or Rallys etc. we never hear a peep from ya'll? Why is that? Ya'll just sit in the corner with your helmet in your hand?!?!?!? Come say hi and explain why you never talk in public to a group of "Bikers" or "Harley Guys". This is not directed straight to you but everybody in general that just loves to hate a motorcycle and its rider just because of a Brand Name. Thats what is truely ghey
I've felt this tension between those guys and sport bike riders at yankees on my first noob ride with mb.

2 harleys went down, people were blaming the sb riders. only knows what really happened...

That occasion is only one reason why the Harley and SB riders dont mix. Different riding style, attitudes, etc are other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #53
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

I know Sportbikes aren't girl bikes, I ride them lol
My Nightster 1200 has 70-75hp and about 68-70tq. It can beat 600cc in the 1/8th and I HAVE PROVED THAT TIME AND TIME AGAIN. It wont ALWAYS beat them but It does have numerous victories. But that is bout the 2nd fastest bike in the 1/8th that harley makes. But anyways, dude I LOVE ALL BIKES MAN, as long as the wind is in your face

Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #54
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

IDK... I used to ride my dads electra glide all the time. very comfortable and able to ride it all day long. not everything is about speed.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #55
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthog View Post
i didnt know and dont care that thomas is your ,no need for jealousy,some day maybe you can afford a harley.
If they put a high price tag on a can of turds will you buy it too then talk trash that one day we can afford it? I don't like paying double for half the benefit myself.

Quote:
haha, its all good bro. Just some clowning on my part. Harleys are all over in my family. I understand the passion for the older ones. They stood for something. Most harley riders today are yuppies and I like making fun of them. I do agree with you on the longevity of most sportbikes (see thread talking about how many miles is too much to buy, I said 25k), but I don't think Harleys are any better in that department due to what I have seen. My mom and I rib each other constantly. If it was due to reliability, you and I both know harley would have been gone a long time ago. Their image and cult like following is what has kept them going strong. Then the weekend warriors that wanted to be a bad on the weekend took them further. As for my VFR, its an unfair comparison as the V4 in mine is one of the most reliable on the road.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #56
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
IDK... I used to ride my dads electra glide all the time. very comfortable and able to ride it all day long. not everything is about speed.
My mom's streetglide is like a vibrating recliner. Very comfy bike.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #57
fasthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I don't hate people because of their choice in rides. It's usually the harley riders that act snobbish and talk to the sport bike riders. Been there done that at the 3 Sisters. My biggest complaint are these Harley tough guys that says I ride a girly bike because its 600cc yet has 110 hp while there 1600cc couch can only must 50 hp. Its funny because last time I went to the Harley website the did not list their embarassing hp ratings. I keep my mouth shut most of the time but if someone waits to start something I am going to debate the issue.
that 110 hp comes at 13000 rpm with 7ft lbs of trq. thats why harleys are kicking your stoplight to stoplight. most have at least 75 ft lbs at 2000 rpm.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #58
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthog View Post
that 110 hp comes at 13000 rpm with 7ft lbs of trq. thats why harleys are kicking your stoplight to stoplight. most have at least 75 ft lbs at 2000 rpm.
sorry dude.... I have never seem that happen. I like harleys and I wanna get a dresser when I get finished with school, but anyone who gets in a contest about which is faster; a sportbike or a hog is marginally delusional. that's why even a purpose built HD(buell) gets is kicked by modern sportbikes.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #59
fasthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
sorry dude.... I have never seem that happen. I like harleys and I wanna get a dresser when I get finished with school, but anyone who gets in a contest about which is faster; a sportbike or a hog is marginally delusional. that's why even a purpose built HD(buell) gets is kicked by modern sportbikes.
stoplight to stoplight??? those little 600 and 650s 60ft like a honda 70.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #60
ccmatthews

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
k6 1000
00 cr250
02 wr426

my 1k will burn the outta whatever HD you got
ccmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote