MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
So how does him turning those lap times, solo on the track (assuming) compare to the race lap times that were quoted in the article?
I'm impressed, don't get me wrong, but are we comparing apples to apples?
Absolutely apples to apples.

While race times were close as well, Rossi's times best the qualifying times as well.

So qualifying/ race laps, Rossi top 'o the pile.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP - Rossi: First thing is to stay with Jorge NewsBot Racing News 0 08-27-2015 10:00 PM
Rossi The only negative thing was the speed of Marc and Dani NewsBot Racing News 0 02-06-2015 10:21 AM
Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez Battle at Rossi's Ranch NewsBot Industry News 0 09-26-2014 04:40 AM
Ever seen Rossi do the Rossi Whippit? jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 03-29-2006 03:31 PM
One Thing or Another... Shinobi Off Topic 25 01-17-2006 10:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
Badchev
Slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
your right
if he'd have had someone to chase, say Ben on the R1 he'd have gone even quicker imo
Well, in my mind he's already familiar with the bike, they have setup info from other races so other than a difference in power it's not anything really different. Was he on qualifying tires?
And he broke the leg 5 weeks ago........not like it was yesterday.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Crutches man............crutches. I've only broken my foot once, but at some point I got off crutches and onto a walking cast. Thats all I'm saying.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #24
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/47...o-test-at-brno
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #25
blaknwite

Bike(s):
KTM SuperDuke
SV650 Track
Shuttleworth 500
Ninja 250
Aprilia SR50 DiTech

C'mon man think about it. The Corkscrew pass, stuffing JLo at Catalunya. The man walks on water, he really is the GOAT.
It's like your missus asking how come you can have on the bog and follow it up with another swift one in the shower. If your good your just good.
blaknwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
i do think the leg is not as bad as it seems. I could be wrong but he had a titanium insert to hold the bones, not sure untill i see the x rays but when i got my titanium rod in my femur i was able to use my leg with no problem in a few days HOWEVER i broke my anckle as well so i couldn't use the leg for some time but not from the titanium but again it is hard to tell unless a real medical report is realeased. Besides that, he is impressive and made the WSBK griid look bad. SO Rossi on a Red or Yellow duc?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #27
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
i do think the leg is not as bad as it seems. I could be wrong but he had a titanium insert to hold the bones, not sure untill i see the x rays but when i got my titanium rod in my femur i was able to use my leg with no problem in a few days HOWEVER i broke my anckle as well so i couldn't use the leg for some time but not from the titanium but again it is hard to tell unless a real medical report is realeased. Besides that, he is impressive and made the WSBK griid look bad. SO Rossi on a Red or Yellow duc?
Silly question........RED.

My point exactly, it was a broken leg......5 weeks ago.
, women have babies and 2 weeks later they are back mowing the lawn, washing the truck and working 12 hour shifts.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #28
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1997 XR400 TARDED

Quote:
Silly question........RED.

My point exactly, it was a broken leg......5 weeks ago.
, women have babies and 2 weeks later they are back mowing the lawn, washing the truck and working 12 hour shifts.
where did you find that one....lol
Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #29
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

46 laps... Rossi Number is 46
The leg that was broken is his rear brake leg... other than putting weight on it and sticking it out in the turn its not used. still has to be strong to hold body weight and the abuse of the ride.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #30
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Let's look at this whole Rossi WSBK thing

It's like watching a group of fat women as some skimpy dress wearing hot chic walks past them.

It's a broken bone. Wether it's a minor break or a major break...it's still a break.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
Elistan

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

WSBK best laptimes at Brno:
Crutchlow - 1:58.018
Fabrizio - 1:58.695
Biaggi - 1:58.743
Rea - 1:58.829
Xaus - 1:59.075
Guintoli - 1:59.179

Rossi's best time out of 46 laps - 1:59.135
He would have had the 6th best laptime of the weekend.
Certainly very good for somebody just hopping on the bike for the first time. And exceptional for somebody recovering from a broken leg. But not exactly "decimating" the WSBK field.

http://sbk.perugiatiming.com/pdf_fra...2&p_Stampa=RID
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
Certainly very good for somebody just hopping on the bike for the first time. And exceptional for somebody recovering from a broken leg. But not exactly "decimating" the WSBK field.
Those were Superpole times, Rossi did best the qualifying times, and certainly bested the race laps.

But you are right, he did not beat the Superpole times you listed.

With his lap times, would he have "decimated" the field? Yup methinks so
Old 07-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #33
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Rossi comes out with a broken femur and desimates their times riding no less than 46 laps?!?!?
Rossi didn't break his femur, Tom. He broke his tibia and fibula, and, as you know, those usually take more time to heal because you plate and screw them, not insert rods. Break a femur and you're walking halfway normal in a week after you get the rod.

I've never been anywhere near Rossi's caliber, but I have raced with a broken lower leg that was screwed back together (and other broken bones that weren't fixed, ). I came back four weeks after the injury and raced, and it was completey doable, although quite sore. To Rossi, riding at his level is a natural thing, so I am not all surprised.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Speaking of Rossi, he's in the WSJ today. Check it out here.

Last edited by Racer997; 07-16-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: 3000 Posts. , I Feel Like Such A Loser, But Not Even Close To As Loser As Some!
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #35
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
I've never been anywhere near Rossi's caliber, but I have raced with a broken lower leg that was screwed back together (and other broken bones that weren't fixed, ), and blown up hand, and broken heart, and while intoxicated, and while on fire... I came back four weeks after the injury and raced, and it was completey doable, although quite sore. To Rossi, riding at his level is a natural thing, so I am not all surprised.
Fixed
Old 07-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I'm not buying that conspiracy theory; here's why.

There are cameramen all over the track, there are spectators around, and the whold Yamaha SBK crew there. If they were fudging numbers someone would out them in a hurry.

I think if his lap times were not within the realm of the top rider's lap times, the news release/ reporting would simply leave that part out of the story or say something like, "while Rossi's lap times were respectable, they were a bit off the pace for the top tier riders of the class..." or something like that. Been done before.

To me, this is a case of incredible otherworldly talent. That said, I think Elbowz could probably duplicate the effort on the SBK R1
Im not amazed, Toseland sucks and always has he got lucky twice. Look at how Rossi finished ahead of him in GP and you guys are surprised that he did better than toseland?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #37
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Rossi didn't break his femur, Tom. He broke his tibia and fibula, and, as you know, those usually take more time to heal because you plate and screw them, not insert rods. Break a femur and you're walking halfway normal in a week after you get the rod.

I've never been anywhere near Rossi's caliber, but I have raced with a broken lower leg that was screwed back together (and other broken bones that weren't fixed, ). I came back four weeks after the injury and raced, and it was completey doable, although quite sore. To Rossi, riding at his level is a natural thing, so I am not all surprised.
an excerpt from an article on superbikeplanet explaining the rods used in the repair and healing...

...""It's not abnormal for him (Rossi) to be up and walking. In fact, that would be an advisable perspective if he had the treatments that I believe he did," Miller said.

"It's not unusual at all," Miller continued, "his biggest complication would probably be is that he had a fracture that resulted with a puncture through the skin. So, when that happens, you're worried about infection. But if that is clear and the surgeon installed a orthopedic rod in his broken leg, and there are no other issues, I'd suggest that walking and riding four weeks after is not really "early" in my opinion. Two weeks, I might have advised the rider to slow down a little."

"Essentially the rod takes the place of the bone," Miller explained. "It takes the pressure, and helps the bone to heal. In fact, you may want the rider to start walking on it sooner than some think, it helps promote healing, the pressure."

Old 07-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #38
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
Well, in my mind he's already familiar with the bike, they have setup info from other races so other than a difference in power it's not anything really different. Was he on qualifying tires?
Yea Rossi man up, you're in Texas now oh wait a minute..................
Rossi is so good, so special he could even stick a Kawasucki into the top ten
Old 07-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #39
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator04 View Post
Im not amazed, Toseland sucks and always has he got lucky twice. Look at how Rossi finished ahead of him in GP and you guys are surprised that he did better than toseland?
yea, him and Corser are the only riders in the series history to win championships on different brands, guess that's lucky
did you even see him take it to Laconi in his backyard, in the last round, for the title??
Did you see him stick it on the front row in his first ever MotoGP ride???
I'm not his biggest fan but the man has proved he can ride.....

as for finishing behind Rossi, who the hasn't, that's hardly a basis to judge any rider
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #40
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Rossi is so good, so special he could even stick a Kawasucki into the top ten
Uh no.......nobody is that good.