MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #21
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie_Joe View Post
So my wife and I went for a ride today and not 5 miles down the road I wanted to push her off the back. She kept adjusting and figeting around. She was hitting me at one point cause I got over 100. When taking turns she isnt staying behind me but instead out of fear i guess she is not leaning with me but against me. When she got tired she just started laying on me... And every time I came to a stop she was grabbing my tank and putting all her weight into the bike and getting finger prints on it (i'm kinda OCD about that).

I was really mad when I got home after all that. Then she starts to complain that it was hot and we were out for too long etc.

Am I in the wrong if i tell her that she is never going riding with me again?
First off I'll take your wife/GF on the bike, in the bed or on the kitchen counter. Now as to your being a whiner, I do have some old hogs head cheese I'll give you.

ok lets take you sniviling points first, she fidgets for possibly 2 reasons, first you make her uncomfortable/scare her or second the high frequency vibs cause her to be.......uncomfortable yea thats it uncomfortable.

busting a ben with someone on the seat is NEVER a good thing, slow your down, no shut the fukk up and listen no excuse for bustin triple digits with an unexperienced rear seater.

on the turns she is afraid, hmm ok then your not doing your job and making her comfortable, leaning too fast or causing her to feel like she's falling, and maybe she's heard the bullshit about counter leaning and believes it, just tell her to stay with the bike, not with your but with the bike, you should never be going fast enough to need the extra input to lean the bike with someone on the seat, if you are refer to point 2 slow the fukk down!

she got tired and leaned on you awwwww poor baby, nut up and deal then shut the fukk up she doesn't have clip ons to hold this also takes care of the about finger prints on the tank, its paint is open to the elements if your so anally retentive as to worry about finger prints on the tank better put the bike under a glass case and stop riding, bugs and road dirt do more damage to the paint than finger prints.

your non existant nuts don't have problem you obviously don't have any because all of the pussin out I see, so teach her to use the handles or rodeo strap on the seat, thats why it there not to make the seat look pretty

and last but not least dipshit, if her feet are on the pegs then all her weight is on the bike already, if your so unstable as to not be able to handle the weight transfer read #2 and SLOW THE FUKK DOWN.

it took me about a year to teach my wife the way to ride and not be a problem to me, in the mean time I had to nut up,shut the fukk up and show her. btw my wife has been riding with me for over 20 years and I love it, she tends to try and shift the gears by grabbin my stick shift even though I tell her it doesn't work that way she still tries(yep I love it) answering rant now over

but you won't listen you'll make the same dipshit excuses and gripe but don't worry about it, eat this cookie and when your done yu'll feel right as rain

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What passengers have to say about TSA at Houston airports NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-02-2015 10:21 PM
Train passengers get free shower NewsBot Racing News 0 04-02-2014 05:40 AM
Cushion Rear Seats for Passengers?!?!? darktoy02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-16-2011 05:57 PM
gear up your passengers! RACER X Gear Talk 14 09-02-2009 05:50 PM
DEAD PASSENGERS......FOR REAL FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 11-04-2005 11:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #22
Coastie_Joe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Wow so I guess having conversation about riding without the cursing, hazing, or verbal abuse is just too much to ask here.

Although assuming with all the details that I gave you about our ride, how long we have been riding together, how many rides that we have been on... well I guess you all know about all there is to know about me. Especially since my number of posts on this forum is a direct reflection on riding experience.

Well here is the rest. My wife and I have been riding together for a year and a half. All of which time I have been pushing her to get her own helmet jacket and gloves. Every time it comes up and we have the money to do so some coach purse catches her eye and the safety gear gets pushed aside. In the mean time she wears my extra helmet and jacket. I've told her time and time again that she needs to get something that is fitted for her but she never does.

Before and after we go out (a bit more annoyed afterwards though) I've told her all the things to do and not to do. I've even shown her the MSF site where it talks about riding with passengers. Bottom line is that there is only so much explaining that I can do. I've taken many passengers for rides before and prior to getting on I tell them all the same do's and don'ts. Not only is it safer that way but it makes the ride more enjoyable for everybody. Some of those passengers were good and others were not. That same logic applies to everything though, like how some people are better drivers than others (even after years and years of driving). The bottom line is that my wife is not a good passenger. The fact that she odiously doesn't take riding seriously or whatever it is she hasn't shown improvement nor shown the interest in purchasing the proper gear.

Now as for my actions, which I am sure, you area all ready to pick apart with cut downs, insults and so on... Riding is like going out on the ocean in a boat, at some point you are going to get wet. Most of my riding is FTM roads and such but when I do get on the interstate my one goal is to get noticed and maintain a comfortable distance away from other cars as I can. If that means slowing down or speeding up I don't really care. Bottom line is that I feel safer doing 100 mph down an empty road than I do traveling at 70mph while boxed in by traffic. Doing 100mph with a passenger on an empty stretch of highway is not the same as doing 100mph through traffic or while in a turn. I do understand when you guys say that you never do triple digits with a passenger. I don't do crazy stuff with her on the back but you can't tell me that if the highway just opened up for you (no traffic or cops for a mile) that you get on the gas a little bit?

So now that we hopefully all understand while we may or may not share the same standards of safety across the board, there is still a standard and safety is still an issue for me and my passenger.
Coastie_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

proper gear and speed limit for the passenger FTMFW
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #24
Coastie_Joe

Taking passengers

FTMFW?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #25
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
I'm good with taking my girlfriend... It's my wife that I can't stand!
OMG - I love that!

SO- put her in MSF, don't just show her the site. If she understands the bike, she'll naturally become a better passenger. And, just maybe, it will entice her to get her own bike and not want to ride with you.

I have no problem with telling her you won't take her. I won't take passengers, either.

And don't listen to the haterz, it's a RARE man who rides the speed limit, even with his passenger. They lie. I've been on many rides with ppl 2-up, and they keep up as well as any other. If, somehow, these four are not lying, they are the exception and not the rule.

I won't ride on back. I don't trust ppl with my life!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
FTMFW?
For the mother win.

Buy your wife gear. Don't give her a choice. And to with the Coach bags. Jeez. What's wrong with women? I have a $5 purse and a $400 Teknic jacket!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #27
Tri

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
For the mother win.

Buy your wife gear. Don't give her a choice. And to with the Coach bags. Jeez. What's wrong with women? I have a $5 purse and a $400 Teknic jacket!
+1

a friend always wants me to take her riding, but never wants to wear a jacket. just helmet. so i stopped taking her out.

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #28
BusaFlo
Lost, But Still Ridding

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Busa
85 Honda Rebel

If you want your wife to be a better passenger, first ride in her comfort zone. While riding in her comfort zone teach her how to be a passenger. After you have learned to ride together, then maybe she will pay attention to the websites and gear. Once you learn to ride together then maybe you will be able to get more aggressive and she will be able to hang with you. The way that I see read it... you are making the experience just as painful to her as it has become to you. Another trick try this website www.g-belt.com. it has a belt with handles that she can hold onto instead of your tank.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #29
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

First off i am not a gear or safety zealot (or a grammer/spelling one), but YOU the driver are responsible for your +1. If you are going to be taking chances( yes triple digits two up is a chance) proper gear is a must, if she dont want it she goes around the block one time and back home. and your pretty tank is a structural piece on your bike that works very well for a rider to brace themselves against and will save your nuts when you grab an load of brake with a rider. I tell my wife to brace on the tank when coming to a stop. or you can do like I did recently and just take the rear pegs off no more passenger problems. I took my pegs off more to keep others from wanting a ride I put them on when my Wife wants to go but that aint too often anymore
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Leave her on the curb. It isnt for everyone.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Ween said - that she needs to
1)get her own bike if she doesn't want to STFU and do what she was told
2) get gear, hold on and STFU
3) get her back in the kitchen - make you a Sammich
Her choice

and lol's @ Bluewave

Old 06-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #32
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Very well said JP.....

Oh and to Coastie Joe: Dont give her a ficking choice on the coach bag. Go out and get her a helmet and jacket and a pair of boots. Or for the better , get her a gift card to one of our sponsors and make her get the gear.

And honestly NO I DO NOT DO triple digits with my wife. So not all of us do it.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #33
SGT USMC 0311

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

My wife took a rider's course with me to learn to ride . She said that, I want my own bike, this is fun.

Either she takes a rider's class (Riders Edge, awesome cycles, etc etc) to understand how it all works or no more 2 up for her.

Squaddy said it best....."Coach purses, jewels & "chingaderras" are a waste"....if she is gonna ride she needs gear.

Now with that said, nothing beats a nice pair of 3" stelletos on a fine pair of legs Fake arn't bad either
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #34
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
I have a $5 purse and a $400 Teknic jacket!
I have a $400 Coach bag and a $300 Dianese Jacket.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #35
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
yeh, but you're a guy

Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #36
Coastie_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaFlo View Post
Another trick try this website www.g-belt.com. it has a belt with handles that she can hold onto instead of your tank.
Good find on the belt. Ill look into it.

I had bought a second bike at one point mainly beacuse it was at an unreal price. I ended up reselling it for some profit but while I had it I talked to her about learning to ride and going to the MSF classes and all that but nothing about really sparked her intrest.

For $30 bucks Ill get the belt and see if that helps at the same time I think I just need to talk to her and be like here is the deal... Get gear and learn ride or make me a sammich.

I think Ill ask for a sammich either way!

Thanks for the helpful opinions all and I apologize about not stating my problem/question clearer. I can see where I left allot of what I said up for interpretation.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #37
SGT USMC 0311

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
WOW, a Dianese Jacket for $300...did it come from Harwin?????
Old 06-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #38
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Good find on the belt. Ill look into it.

I had bought a second bike at one point mainly beacuse it was at an unreal price. I ended up reselling it for some profit but while I had it I talked to her about learning to ride and going to the MSF classes and all that but nothing about really sparked her intrest.

For $30 bucks Ill get the belt and see if that helps at the same time I think I just need to talk to her and be like here is the deal... Get gear and learn ride or make me a sammich.

I think Ill ask for a sammich either way!

Thanks for the helpful opinions all and I apologize about not stating my problem/question clearer. I can see where I left allot of what I said up for interpretation.
Ask for your back, too!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #39
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT USMC 0311 View Post
WOW, a Dianese Jacket for $300...did it come from Harwin?????

My hostage doesn't even know what a Coach bag is! You must have teh gheyz.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #40
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:

My hostage doesn't even know what a Coach bag is! You must have teh gheyz.

Nono, I like the ladies. I have a matching Coach wallet, too.

The As for the jacket, I bought the matching Ducati jacket and pants for 600 bucks. I got a good deal from my dealership. Although I also ordered a pair of SIDI boots... My dealer likes me.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement