MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #41
agg2001
Agg Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
object fixation. :nono

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance companies. Don't ya love em. txferrari Off Topic 14 02-28-2011 11:39 AM
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #42
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post

When I got my pilots lisence my instructor beat one thing into my head...

Fly the plane. Doesn't matter what is going on around you, fly the plane...

and a good aviation quote - "a landing is just a controlled mid-air collision with a planet"
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #43
ZoomByU
The whistles go Wooo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
Pink red ryder tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
why would the cop put himself at such a place. he's just asking for accidents that way. wait at the bottom of a hill, a straightaway, or at a spot where you can remotely monitor the road or something, instead of right past the apex, where a dude will freaking wreck. he's being a danger to others and himself by posting up in this way. sneaky or overbearing patrol is better than dangerous speedtraps any day
The cop was in the perfect position to respond the quickest for just a situation like this. Imagine the guy highsided and went over the guardrail. You must be a democrat.
"There are no men more ignoble or more foolish, no men whose actions are fraught with greater possibility of mischief to their country and to mankind, than those who exalt unrighteous peace as better than righteous war." - Theodore Roosevelt
"I will bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red!"
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #44
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'12 cbr250r
razkull 125
pink electric kid's scoot

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomByU View Post
The cop was in the perfect position to respond the quickest for just a situation like this. Imagine the guy highsided and went over the guardrail. You must be a democrat.
no, i work in a jail and see my partners making stupid decisions all day. i know stupid happens on the streets too. i see former patrol cops get transferred back to the jail because of dumb choices that they had made while on patrol. i put myself into the rider's spot mentally- im just minding my own business out for a nice ride on a twisty road and suddenly, cop car right in my face! (sky dirt sky dirt, etc) i think most of you guys would wipe out, too.

the officer in this video could have picked a better spot to do his job in a safer manner.

Last edited by loosenoose; 03-25-2010 at 11:38 PM.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #45
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
no, i work in a jail and see my partners making stupid decisions all day. i know stupid happens on the streets too. i see former patrol cops get transferred back to the jail because of dumb choices that they had made while on patrol. i put myself into the rider's spot mentally- im just minding my own business out for a nice ride on a twisty road and suddenly, cop car right in my face! (sky dirt sky dirt, etc) i think most of you guys would wipe out, too.

the officer in this video could have picked a better spot to do his job in a safer manner.
I beg to differ...

The patrolman can park his anywere he choses...

What if it was a accident on that corner.

It it the people who were in the accidents fault the guy on the bike
didn't maintain control of his vehicle?

Pretty weak excuse...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #46
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
i think most of you guys would wipe out, too.
think again

1. The rider was over his head
2. He would have lost his in the exact same way had a large truck been headed around that turn close to the center line
3. Anyone that doesn't ride with the "what if" factor running constantly through their mind is just asking for trouble
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement