MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
green88notch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 KTM 300 XC

Send a message via AIM to green88notch
Thumbs up Texas Xtreme Series Hare Scramble Feb. 27-28

All you dirt riders out there please come check out the first ever race of the Texas Xtreme Off-Road Racing Series. This is a hare scramble series, and the first race is being held on February 27 and 28 just North of Columbus, TX. Please check out the flyer and/or the serie's website at http://www.texasxtremeoffroadracing.com for more information.

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xtreme Round #1 Flyer - Brunesmill.pdf (142.1 KB, 14 views)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TXORR Hare Scramble Cedar Creek,TX Feb 25/26 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 83 03-11-2012 07:14 PM
Back in the game....next Hare Scramble Feb 4&5 Huntsville, TX dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 77 02-10-2012 10:45 AM
Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing Round #2, Feb 19-20, 2011 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 18 02-24-2011 03:45 PM
Hare Scramble #4 Report @ Outlaw Trax dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 35 08-20-2010 08:11 PM
What's this Hare Scramble business DBuck keeps talking about? dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-22-2010 09:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I'll be there, but skipping practice on Saturday.... we'll see how I do going into the first race completely blind. ha ha
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
MotoJunkie
Oh man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I'll be there, but skipping practice on Saturday.... we'll see how I do going into the first race completely blind. ha ha
Trust me , it wont be as bad as the first race at Skull Creek . This one will be way better !

No more Storm series !
MotoJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJunkie View Post
Trust me , it wont be as bad as the first race at Skull Creek . This one will be way better !

No more Storm series !
I missed that make-up race as I was in Colorado...., had I been home I would have probably skipped out as well...35 degrees and wet, no thanks. I'll be there Sunday though....Moto, you said you race Open D as well, right?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
MotoJunkie
Oh man !

Quote:
I missed that make-up race as I was in Colorado...., had I been home I would have probably skipped out as well...35 degrees and wet, no thanks. I'll be there Sunday though....Moto, you said you race Open D as well, right?
Yup , I race open D .

So much mud that first race , it was pretty bad . The course was 17 miles long of mud ! Then we didnt even start untill almost 11:30 and they started both 1hr and 2 hr races together.

The worst thing was that people drove all the way out there to practice on Saturday and there wasnt any practice . No one posted anything nor there hotline was updated. It wasnt very well put together , I just hope this new series will be better put together .
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

I've never raced a hare scramble or anything like that before ever, Just haulled a$$ on trail rides through SHNF, & other various trails, but this seems very intriguing.

For those of you that do race;

Is it best to just race what ya brung your first time out? Basically, I've got a drz400e & i'm just curious if thats too much bike for tight single tracks. Will i get destroyed by these smaller liter bikes/2 strokes/ KTM's or is its pretty competitive?

Also, is this the series to get started in as a complete novice?

thanks in advance for the info...

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

dude...you can run whatever or however....

i have 0 dirt racing experience...a handful of motocross and trails is all I got. I'm pretty sure it's relaxed and from what I understand...people race all kinds of stuff. Go to the website to see the classes....Open D is where I'm gonna start (I may move up to C depending on how I do).

This series is brand new (South Texas Off-Road Motorcross-STORM fell apart and Otis (whom I haven't met) is picking up the pieces from what I can tell). , it's $45 for the yearly fee and transponder and $50 for your first class. If you don't like it....you won't have to come back is how I see it. Each weekend race is only $50 @ each event....what isn't there to like about that?

Last edited by dbuck; 02-23-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Always wanted to race a hair scramble but never did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Always wanted to race a hair scramble but never did.
Hurry up, race is this weekend!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Hurry up, race is this weekend!
lol man, i gotta wait till after i buy my house to get another bike. BUT, when i do, it will probably be a dirt bike. I've been going through severe withdrawels for years not being in the dirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
MotoJunkie
Oh man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpDaub View Post
I've never raced a hare scramble or anything like that before ever, Just haulled a$$ on trail rides through SHNF, & other various trails, but this seems very intriguing.

For those of you that do race;

Is it best to just race what ya brung your first time out? Basically, I've got a drz400e & i'm just curious if thats too much bike for tight single tracks. Will i get destroyed by these smaller liter bikes/2 strokes/ KTM's or is its pretty competitive?

Also, is this the series to get started in as a complete novice?

thanks in advance for the info...
If you can hall through trails then it'll be easy as pie for you . Every course is differant , hills , creeks, trails , straight aways etc. You'll see 560 4 strokes to 300 2 strokes. Some guys are so dam good that they'll pass you on 125 2 stroke clutching it in every turn and up hill . It's fun !
Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

bump for peeps with dirtbikes and nothing to do this weekend.

Only 20 minutes north of Columbus.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
green88notch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 KTM 300 XC

Send a message via AIM to green88notch
So, anybody that didn't make it out really missed out on a great time! The weather was perfect. Everything stuck to the schedule and worked out great. I know Danny was wanting to keep going after the race was up. I'm sure he'll make practice on Saturday AND the race on Sunday next time.

BTW, the next race is in 3 weeks, March 20 - 21 in Middleton, which is just southeast of Centerville.

Hope to see all you dirt riders out there...it is a blast!

Chris

Advertisement