MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
bskarpa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR1000RR
99 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)

Trackdays question?????????

Ok, I hear alot of trackdays, what exactly is it, and where are they? I hear about it showing you what your bike can handle. I live close to humble area for those that don't know where liberty is. I have taken the MSC, but would like to learn more than that. Thanks in advance

For those that read about my friend going down the other day, I posted some more pics and one of his back. The rest of his road rash was covered up with medication. here's the link http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...=127447&page=5
bskarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trackdays Overseas??? quicksaveme Taking it to the Track 21 04-29-2009 10:16 AM
Trackdays here yet?!?! dbuck Taking it to the Track 10 01-21-2009 01:29 PM
??? about trackdays Kingsnake1650 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 09-14-2007 05:48 PM
between trackdays.... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 24 04-26-2007 11:03 AM
TRACKDAYS ! Lobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-28-2006 07:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
The Forest Gnomes will include TWS (Texas World Speedway) trackdays into our normal scheduled rides through the forest so you have an opportunity to go during lunch, get on the track during parade laps then meet instructors, see how it all works, learn about gear rental options etc, etc.

All required to get on the track is good tires, no leaks, jacket/helmet/gloves/pants/ankle-covering shoes.

As for answering the question for now, I'll let others share. It is a class w instruction and an opportunity to stretch your wings in a controlled enviroment that is designed to be safer if something does infact happen.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

LSTD.com and Ridesmart.info

All the info you need there.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)

Member Garage

Track days...ahhh trackdays.

Trackdays are a means to learn how to properly ride your bike. In the words of mr. Ronnie hays " to be a good passenger" bc that's all you reall are. You are a guest on your bike. By attending track days you put yourself in a "controled " environment. Sign up with the org that best fits your schedule. Start in c group (lstd) or lvl1 (ridesmart) and let an instructor show you how to be a good passenger. Cool thing about td's is they cater to a wide audienceHpeople who want to learn how to better control their bikes, people who want to get into racinf, and people who just want to have fun and not get arrested for it +if they go down they have people trackside to help them out then and there)

Well that's a start (sorry on my phone)
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Go do 1 you won't regret it and you'll learn something that's for sure.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Track days...ahhh trackdays.

Trackdays are a means to learn how to properly ride your bike. In the words of mr. Ronnie hays " to be a good passenger" bc that's all you reall are. You are a guest on your bike. By attending track days you put yourself in a "controled " environment. Sign up with the org that best fits your schedule. Start in c group (lstd) or lvl1 (ridesmart) and let an instructor show you how to be a good passenger. Cool thing about td's is they cater to a wide audienceHpeople who want to learn how to better control their bikes, people who want to get into racinf, and people who just want to have fun and not get arrested for it +if they go down they have people trackside to help them out then and there)

Well that's a start (sorry on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Go do 1 you won't regret it and you'll learn something that's for sure.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIRACER View Post
Is there BEER?

because then Ill consider it
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskarpa View Post
Ok, I hear alot of trackdays, what exactly is it, and where are they? I hear about it showing you what your bike can handle. I live close to humble area for those that don't know where liberty is. I have taken the MSC, but would like to learn more than that. Thanks in advance

For those that read about my friend going down the other day, I posted some more pics and one of his back. The rest of his road rash was covered up with medication. here's the link http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...=127447&page=5
I live in Splendora and work in Atoscocita... I would be happy to meet up with you and answer any questions you need. Just shoot me a pm if you are interested and we can arrange something.
Pam

Advertisement