Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-16-2006, 09:25 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Why bikers don't wave...
This is an equal-opportunity thread...
Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.
Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height,
programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.
Top 10 Reasons Sportbikers Don't Wave:
10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.
Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back
10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgement.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron rider and you're not!.
4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.
Top Ten reasons Metric Cruiser Riders don't wave back
10. New leather jacket was purchased at the same size as suit jacket.
9. Didn't know that the bike wouldn't fly off the road if left hand was removed.
8. Was looking at the handle bars wondering what accessory could mount where.
7. Was wildly grasping at some valve under seat. (3.7 gals BAH!)
6. Rider was actually pulling up black socks and pulling down on jeans trying to close a few air gaps.
5. Rider was too caught up in reciting his mantra 'Left hand clutch' 'Right hand Gas AND Front brake' 'Left foot Gears' 'Right foot Rear brake' 'And for Gods sake Both feet down at light'.
4. Waved after you went by. You just thought they didn't wave.
3. Was searching GPS to find local Bike wash.
2. Rider wasn't really waving, was doing wind airfoil test with hand and arm.
1. Rider was involved in trying to get new throttle stop to STOP.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad||Track_Graphics||General Discussion (Moto Related)||7||05-07-2014 08:39 AM|
|just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol||ANTISOCIAL||Off Topic||11||09-07-2009 09:08 AM|
|Don't Do Drugs; and for Gawd's Sake, Don't Shoplift!||Squoddybody||Off Topic||17||03-24-2009 02:55 PM|
|Why we wave at other bikers||Warpbender||General Discussion (Moto Related)||73||03-27-2008 02:57 PM|
|Why riders don't wave back.||maskale||General Discussion (Moto Related)||15||10-03-2007 10:03 PM|
|05-16-2006, 09:34 AM||#3|
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
Join Date: Nov 2005
|05-16-2006, 09:35 AM||#5|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
I always waved????
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
|05-16-2006, 09:46 AM||#6|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
|05-16-2006, 08:47 PM||#8|
the necessary villain
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Hideout
Feedback Rating: (1)
Experience: 5 years
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!
|05-16-2006, 09:31 PM||#9|
Bevo's royal guard.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (8)
Experience: 7 years
09 Buell 1125CR