MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #21
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC State Trooper Shoots Unarmed Man r6racer The Circus 16 02-06-2015 06:35 PM
State trooper question Tisboihur General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 02-03-2012 02:06 AM
Cool State Trooper pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-15-2011 02:23 PM
ohio state trooper fights with ems OMEGA Off Topic 43 05-29-2009 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
you should have talk to the trooper like that ... maybe you wouldn't have got a ticket
once he pulled me over and called it in, turns out i was driving on a suspended license cause of an out of state ticket i hadn't paid. Actually completely forgotten about. Once i heard the lady on the radio say that i wasn't about to go digging any deeper holes.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
once he pulled me over and called it in, turns out i was driving on a suspended license cause of an out of state ticket i hadn't paid. Actually completely forgotten about. Once i heard the lady on the radio say that i wasn't about to go digging any deeper holes.
Knowing that, he may have been "aggressive" with you because he really thought you'd run? I'm not saying his actual tactics were correct but the reasoning behind it is what matters. Cops have to watch out for themselves too
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

He didn't knock you down, you don't know how long he was following you waiting for you to pull over. Mark it up to experience
Old 12-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
bbblitzz

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
M109R
ZX-10 (sold)

My advise is to not even talk to him at all.

He lives by you and can / will make your life a living ...He has you dead to the law with your tickets and will utilize the system to make you look like a crazed repeat offender that is terrorizing him at his own residence.

That means if he wants to beat you...taze you...shoot you...he will have a good cover story...HE IS NOT THE AVERAGE GUY...he is the system, and he will use it to protect his career and destroy you if needed.

You may be correct that you have rights in this situation, but you will pay for those rights by the time its finished.

I understand your grievance but he could have made your life much worse and to the system been justified in doing so...not saying its right or you deserve it in any way...just saying.

Also I would miss you on those excellent southwest side rides...
bbblitzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #26
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Ormand, we actually both found out about the suspended license WAY after he pulled me over. He was talking to me and his radio was rambling off info about me and then we both heard it say "suspended license" and i was pretty adamant that i did not. By this time he was actually being very social and giving me straight answers with no attitude, so that couldn't have been it. This is the reason i didn't bring it up in the original post. It was not a contributing factor at the time he was trying to run me off the road.

Last edited by a forum moderator; 12-27-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #27
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Blitz, my best friend is a paralegal whose brother is an attorney. They both used to work for the Sullos. She said the same thing. Even if i approached him with a hand shake and a smile, if it ever went to court it would appear that i was following him to his place of residence. She gave me some good advice, kinda mirrored what you said too. Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #28
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
16 R1200RS
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

I would get a copy of the dash video, to see how long he had been behind you. Sounds more like a chip on his shoulder about being "the man".

Off topic, I guess your shoulder is better?

A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 AM   #29
tamucc2004

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 636, 06 DRZ400SM, 03 YZ 450 Motard, 07 Kawi Mean Streak, 08 Honda 50

I would say chalk this one up to learning and really watch your when riding around yoir apt.

In all reality I dont agree what he did and would normally say file a complaint but like said above he has way to much on his side and espically living in the same complex as him this might be one to just suck up as a screwy deal and move on.
tamucc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #30
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

It was DPS STEP weekend! Which basically means everyone gets a TICKET this weekend and if you meet the quota you get a bonus! They DPS pfficer that harassed me said he didnt even wanna play cop in the bad areas of town...He told me flat out he wanted to write tickets in the woodlands! When he said that I was like WTF! So they have a badge to be D!ckheads...I say you file on this ....

I had a DPS officer pull me over on the way to San Antonio
I exited 1/4 mile away at a exit
he TOLD ME that I needed to pull over right when hit his lights and was behind me
I told him that FOR MY and YOUR SAFETY I pulled over at a exit where less traffic would be instead on a busy Highway
LOL
He said I have been a TROOPER for 26 years I know enough about Traffic safety
I said ok
He saw my DL and saw my uniform in the background of my DL
and asked what Department I worked for
LOL
I said the Houston Fire Department....,
Lol
HE SAID OK SO YOU DO KNOW ABOUT TRAFFIC SAFETY!
He said but in the future just pull over
LOL
I was let go with a warning!
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #31
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Jim, yeah the shoulder is better. Ironically, it hurts to push/pull/lift anything, but just sitting on the bike and turning doesnt hurt. Bumps and vibration on the road bother a bit so about an hour is all i can do.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #32
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Tamuc, so far this is what my gf and best friend have suggested also. Fact that i was on suspended license, on a sportbike (which has a high tendency to run), speeding, and taking too long to pull over would give them enough fuel to try to revoke my license.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #33
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Pyro, i wish this guy had let me off with a warning. That's what i was trying to do, pull over at a safer spot than on the road. Been watching the Spike channel long enough! Lol... Oh well, like everyone says leave it to experience.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #34
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Last edited by Badzx14r; 12-27-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #35
Snow
Can I kick it?

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
sounds like you got off easy ..if the trooper had a hard on for you ..your bike would have beeen impounded ...you to jail .. and still a ticket for speeding..
i need to go talk to this trooper for not doing his job correctly
oh and the last trooper that pulled me over ..i debated with him about a warning ..
*kicks the soap box out from under you*

Sorry to hear about what happened, but the first thing I think about is that you couldn't see him *AND* you had your headphones in. If a cop turns on his lights, you have to show that you plan to pull over by signaling to get over or even putting on your hazards.

You probably just kept on going, which signaled to him that you were thinking about running.

It is better for him to stop you *before* you run, than to wait until you run.

If you go to grab for something that the officer thinks might be a gun, expect some serious force. He isn't going to wait to see what you are pulling.

The same goes for running. If you show signs that you might be thinking of running, he is going to end it right there.

The fact he lives in your apartment complex says to me that you have probably him off in the past, or he has seen you speeding around before and just wanted to peg you.

If you get a lawyer, it is useless. As a cop, or a lawyer on the cop's side, I would bring up the headphones and it would be case closed. You couldn't hear (oh and ear buds are illegal to wear on a motorcycle). The cop saw you were not responding to him, possibly going to run, so he took extra measures to stop you in order to protect the rest of the public from a high speed chase.

In reality, sounds like the guy is a douche and you weren't really being Billy Badass, but the law works on facts, not reality... and sometimes the two don't coincide.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #36
DUCman
Member (swollen)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'98 Ducati 748 Bi-posto
'08 Fake crf50

Here is the bottom line. This is the law! When a marked police vehicle hits his lights anywhere behind you, YOU MUST YIELD TO THE RIGHT! Never pull to the left! This is because if he is going around you and you go left, he would plow yo . So I imagine this is why he got so off. Its not right, but he was totally easy on you brother if you didn't get a ticket for yielding to the left. Be careful out there, cause there are even worse a-holes out there, especially in Jersey Village. They brag about plowing bikes with their cruisers.
DUCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #37
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
16 R1200RS
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

yeah... JV has some real winners on the force...

A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #38
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Alot of factors play in on this case.

I watch my mirrors religiously so usually see problems before they become something more.

But in the case a cop was that aggressive towards me I'd probably slowly pull over and if he continued to swerve at me I'd let him hit me. His dash cam would show the 45mph speed and dropping as he bumps you over etc.

We've had our fair deal of problems w police that was unjust. I always pull over, turn off the bike and take my helmet off then wait on the bike.

I've been accused of unsafe riding while using hand signals. Cops said I obviously didnt have turn signals, but he was a block away on the right side, so he could see them blinking on the left. Teela(Inknmyskyn) almost got hit by the cop "pursuing me" after we waited at the light for 4minutes and turned INTO a gas station.

I will continue to have respect for officers and the job they do but I question their complex more and more. More importantly when I drive/ride Im not nervous around cops because I know Im not breaking laws usually.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #39
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 12-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #40
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I havent had any problems doing it. Especially w the helmet off. Makes the situation more personal.

Now I think about it, probably only two times I've ever been asked to get off the bike.

Once was after CoachDave's memorial ride as we were leaving Yankees. Bobby's bike fell over when the cop tried to get us to park on the edge of the road in a couple inch section to be legally "off the road." I told the cop Im not leaving my bike for it to fall over too. Scott was the same way w his 1098. So the cop gave in and came to us.

The brake lever broke and we kept looking at the cop. We were stopped for going 70 in a 60 on a straight away "by the time I saw you all." We had new a new rider w us w their paper msf paper and everything. Cop had nothing to say about the bike damages.

Advertisement