MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #61
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
i hate your kind!!!


First Grubz now me





__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy new laptop. what would you buy? Gixxer Geezer The Circus 45 01-31-2012 08:49 PM
anyone here work at best buy, no i don't you to buy something for me RACER X Off Topic 18 12-03-2009 01:29 PM
to buy or not to buy that is the question S_M_J82 Off Topic 23 10-15-2008 09:29 PM
To buy or not to buy? ( Part II ) da n00b General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-09-2007 03:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #62
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





i hate all wheeliers
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #63
AggieCBR
The token aggie
 
AggieCBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 320

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 50
08 CBR600RR (Graffiti Edition)-SOLD








I bought mine so that i can bang the rev limiter in front of PP1..
__________________
Thanks, Whoop, and Gig 'Em......FTAC '05

RIP Coachdave - April 5,2009
Coachdave passed me on the left
AggieCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #64
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,404

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
LOL!


Come on, don't tell me you don't get sick of hearing "you deserve to crash if you were doing highway wheelies" or "ATGATT, even if I'm just siting on my bike not moving"

I better quit before I get the ban hammer!

It is what it is.

You have differing opinions out there concerning the same issues and just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong or "haters".
Bringing it up will only provoke those that disagree with your viewpoints.

I'll tell you how I see it from the perspective of riding / racing for over 30 years;

When Joe / Joanie car driver sees you flying by at 80 mph on one wheel in a 55 mph zone, it gives all motorcyclists a black eye.

When someone on a sportbike splits lanes and passes traffic at a buck twenty, it inflames people.

When someone that does these things winds up going down, most people don't feel pity for them. It's simply they got what they deserved.


Regardless of how you feel, here's a bit of reality for you.
All of the above mentioned things are illegal. If one of the reasons you bought a sportbike was to break the law, than don't whine and moan when you get caught.


Same thing about the people who go down. Anytime we as riders decide to take a risk, we need to fully accept the consequences of that risk, even if it means death.

Been there, done that, and have the scars and too many attendances at friends hospital bedsides / funerals to prove it.


Let's also talk about sportbike insurance for a minute. I've got a clean driving record for over 10 years. However when I canceled the insurance after I sold my last sportbike my policy payments more than dropped in half.
This was even though at the time there were 3 other bikes on the policy, 2 of which with equal or more displacement.
If my record is clean, why was the rate so high for that one sportbike?

Because they're statistically crashed more often.

And even though I haven't gone down on the street in a VERY long time, I still pay for the ones that do.


Do I still ride aggressively? Yep, although time and experience have slowed me down a bit on the street as well as being more conscious of when and where I choose to do so.

Do I rant and rave if someone disagrees with how I ride? No, because I can see their point of view, and can even admit they have a point.

Personally, I don't dog out anyone for how they ride, and even though it may indirectly affect me, it's their choice.
However, when fate reaches up and bites you in the , suck it up and take it like a man.


In the over 30 years of riding I've heard your argument countless times, and have even carried it a few times myself. I've learned that it's pretty much pointless, so creating a thread serves no purpose other than to stir drama.


Ride how ever you choose to ride, live with the consequences and move on.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!




1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 10-21-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #65
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 34,489

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold






^ yeah! what he said!

__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #66
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
It is what it is.

You have differing opinions out there concerning the same issues and just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong or "haters".
Bringing it up will only provoke those that disagree with your viewpoints.

I'll tell you how I see it from the perspective of riding / racing for over 30 years;

When Joe / Joanie car driver sees you flying by at 80 mph on one wheel in a 55 mph zone, it gives all motorcyclists a black eye.

When someone on a sportbike splits lanes and passes traffic at a buck twenty, it inflames people.

When someone that does these things winds up going down, most people don't feel pity for them. It's simply they got what they deserved.


Regardless of how you feel, here's a bit of reality for you.
All of the above mentioned things are illegal. If one of the reasons you bought a sportbike was to break the law, than don't whine and moan when you get caught.


Same thing about the people who go down. Anytime we as riders decide to take a risk, we need to fully accept the consequences of that risk, even if it means death.

Been there, done that, and have the scars and too many attendances at friends hospital bedsides / funerals to prove it.


Let's also talk about sportbike insurance for a minute. I've got a clean driving record for over 10 years. However when I canceled the insurance after I sold my last sportbike my policy payments more than dropped in half.
This was even though at the time there were 3 other bikes on the policy, 2 of which with equal or more displacement.
If my record is clean, why was the rate so high for that one sportbike?

Because they're statistically crashed more often.

And even though I haven't gone down on the street in a VERY long time, I still pay for the ones that do.


Do I still ride aggressively? Yep, although time and experience have slowed me down a bit on the street as well as being more conscious of when and where I choose to do so.

Do I rant and rave if someone disagrees with how I ride? No, because I can see their point of view, and can even admit they have a point.

Personally, I don't dog out anyone for how they ride, and even though it may indirectly affect me, it's their choice.
However, when fate reaches up and bites you in the , suck it up and take it like a man.


In the over 30 years of riding I've heard your argument countless times, and have even carried it a few times myself. I've learned that it's pretty much pointless, so creating a thread serves no purpose other than to stir drama.


Ride how ever you choose to ride, live with the consequences and move on.


That's why you're my President
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #67
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!
 
TeleRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northeast part of town
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,799

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap








Because other than my wife, its the only thing that I look good with!!!
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #68
Badchev
Slow
 
Badchev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Here
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,350

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit









Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post


That's why you're my President
You kiss as*.
Can't you just say you agree with him?
Besides, you don't ride anymore anyway do you?
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #69
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,987

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








im cracking up hardcore at miguels responses!
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #70
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!
 
TeleRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northeast part of town
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,799

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap








Its also something I can ride without being called a cheater....
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #71
Jay
Deleted
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,104

Experience: 5 years











always wanted one since i was a kid....... its just awesome ,
__________________
What can I say
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #72
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,409

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
I bought mine cuz it was pretty and sounded good.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #73
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,987

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








i bought mine to do wheelies. but in a parking lot only lol. i get a kick outta it. but ive still never owned a flat out sportbike thats not set up to stunt ride. like big sprockets and such. i still would like to get ahold of a 600cc or better stock sportbike and try a track day or just cruise the street. ive always had goofy bikes.
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #74
Hotwheelscamaro
Senior Member
 
Hotwheelscamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 358

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 00 ZX7 Street Fighter
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E



I ride cause they are fun and I still get good gas mileage, LOL.
Hotwheelscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #75
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The funky ghetto
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,698

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom






Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
It is what it is.

You have differing opinions out there concerning the same issues and just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong or "haters".
Bringing it up will only provoke those that disagree with your viewpoints.

I'll tell you how I see it from the perspective of riding / racing for over 30 years;

When Joe / Joanie car driver sees you flying by at 80 mph on one wheel in a 55 mph zone, it gives all motorcyclists a black eye.

When someone on a sportbike splits lanes and passes traffic at a buck twenty, it inflames people.

When someone that does these things winds up going down, most people don't feel pity for them. It's simply they got what they deserved.


Regardless of how you feel, here's a bit of reality for you.
All of the above mentioned things are illegal. If one of the reasons you bought a sportbike was to break the law, than don't whine and moan when you get caught.


Same thing about the people who go down. Anytime we as riders decide to take a risk, we need to fully accept the consequences of that risk, even if it means death.

Been there, done that, and have the scars and too many attendances at friends hospital bedsides / funerals to prove it.


Let's also talk about sportbike insurance for a minute. I've got a clean driving record for over 10 years. However when I canceled the insurance after I sold my last sportbike my policy payments more than dropped in half.
This was even though at the time there were 3 other bikes on the policy, 2 of which with equal or more displacement.
If my record is clean, why was the rate so high for that one sportbike?

Because they're statistically crashed more often.

And even though I haven't gone down on the street in a VERY long time, I still pay for the ones that do.


Do I still ride aggressively? Yep, although time and experience have slowed me down a bit on the street as well as being more conscious of when and where I choose to do so.

Do I rant and rave if someone disagrees with how I ride? No, because I can see their point of view, and can even admit they have a point.

Personally, I don't dog out anyone for how they ride, and even though it may indirectly affect me, it's their choice.
However, when fate reaches up and bites you in the , suck it up and take it like a man.


In the over 30 years of riding I've heard your argument countless times, and have even carried it a few times myself. I've learned that it's pretty much pointless, so creating a thread serves no purpose other than to stir drama.


Ride how ever you choose to ride, live with the consequences and move on.
Now that's a reply!


I know for a fact I'm not the first to argue about this topic, def won't be the last person either. Now I know you have many years more riding experience then me, which means you have seen more crazy things then me, and I have seen some crazy things (Ian going off bridge to get ran over twice by cars, numerous wheelie loops, stoppie loops, 150mph crash ect ect). And like you, I've crashed, matter of fact I'm off right now due to a coaster wheelie loop in a parking lot on a motard


Your point is clear, and I respect you becuase when you hear about someone dieing do to wreckless driving you don't rub it in their face and say he deserves it, although deep down you know the consiquinces are just.
__________________
Hooligan-Awarded "Most improved on the track" 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #76
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,987

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








oh. and according to hooli. im a real man. lol
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #77
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 34,489

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post

Your point is clear, and I respect you becuase when you hear about someone dieing do to wreckless driving you don't rub it in their face and say he deserves it, although deep down you know the consiquinces are just.
i don't think deserve is the word...........me i'm just callous towards it.......
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #78
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
It is what it is.

You have differing opinions out there concerning the same issues and just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong or "haters".
Bringing it up will only provoke those that disagree with your viewpoints.

I'll tell you how I see it from the perspective of riding / racing for over 30 years;

When Joe / Joanie car driver sees you flying by at 80 mph on one wheel in a 55 mph zone, it gives all motorcyclists a black eye.

When someone on a sportbike splits lanes and passes traffic at a buck twenty, it inflames people.

When someone that does these things winds up going down, most people don't feel pity for them. It's simply they got what they deserved.


Regardless of how you feel, here's a bit of reality for you.
All of the above mentioned things are illegal. If one of the reasons you bought a sportbike was to break the law, than don't whine and moan when you get caught.


Same thing about the people who go down. Anytime we as riders decide to take a risk, we need to fully accept the consequences of that risk, even if it means death.

Been there, done that, and have the scars and too many attendances at friends hospital bedsides / funerals to prove it.


Let's also talk about sportbike insurance for a minute. I've got a clean driving record for over 10 years. However when I canceled the insurance after I sold my last sportbike my policy payments more than dropped in half.
This was even though at the time there were 3 other bikes on the policy, 2 of which with equal or more displacement.
If my record is clean, why was the rate so high for that one sportbike?

Because they're statistically crashed more often.

And even though I haven't gone down on the street in a VERY long time, I still pay for the ones that do.


Do I still ride aggressively? Yep, although time and experience have slowed me down a bit on the street as well as being more conscious of when and where I choose to do so.

Do I rant and rave if someone disagrees with how I ride? No, because I can see their point of view, and can even admit they have a point.

Personally, I don't dog out anyone for how they ride, and even though it may indirectly affect me, it's their choice.
However, when fate reaches up and bites you in the , suck it up and take it like a man.


In the over 30 years of riding I've heard your argument countless times, and have even carried it a few times myself. I've learned that it's pretty much pointless, so creating a thread serves no purpose other than to stir drama.


Ride how ever you choose to ride, live with the consequences and move on.
Absolutely. That's about as real as you can put it.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #79
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra
 
Supa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,817

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)








I bought mine cuz i grew up on ms. had dirt bikes when i was young and now that i can afford it......FCK IT!!!
Supa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #80
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









I watched torque and biker boys in the same night, then top gun came on right at the scene where he was running from the chick on his bike, and then I caught 'Cool as Ice'.

bought one the next day
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy