Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|09-24-2009, 09:46 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NW Houston
Experience: 10+ years
16 KTM 500
KTM 300 2SMOKE
SMR Sept 27 Fayetteville
Sunday Morning Ride to Fayetteville.
Meet at Shell at Hwy 6 and 290 at 8:30 am
Riders meeting 8:50 am
Kick stands up 9:00 am
THIS IS NOT A SPIRITED RIDE. This will be a great ride for those less experienced, two up riders, those that have never been on a group ride and everyone that loves to ride.
There will be a ICE (In Case of Emergnecy) sheet to sign up at the ride.
1. RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE
2. USE HAND SIGNALS
3. MARK ITEMS IN THE ROAD AND PASS IT BACK
4. IF YOU GET SCARED SLOW DOWN YOU ARE RIDING OVER YOUR HEAD AND MAY WRECK
5. IF SOMEONE IS CROWDING YOU FROM THE REAR MOTION THEM TO GET BACK OR IF IT IS CLEAR WAVE THEM ON TO PASS YOU
6. PAY ATTENTION TO DOUBLE YELLOW STRIPES, NO PASSING ZONE, BE CAREFUL
7. TWO SECOND OR MORE INTERVALS BETWEEN YOU AND THE RIDER AHEAD OF YOU
8. STAGGER RIDING ON STRAIGHTS
9. CAUTION ON BLIND HILLS AND BLIND CORNERS, RIDE WITH TWO FINGERS ON THE FRONT BRAKE
10. DO NOT PASS THE RIDER IN FRONT OF YOU IN HIS LANE. MOVE OVER TO THE OTHER LANE TO PASS
11. WE STOP AT INTERSECTIONS AND STOP SIGNS AND WAIT FOR ALL RIDERS
12. FILL UP WITH GAS BEFORE WE START
13. WATCH THE CORNER SPEED LIMIT SIGNS AND THE SHAPE OF THE CORNER ARROW ON THOSE SIGNS
14. USE LOWER GEARS IN CORNERS, 2ND OR 3RD NOT 4TH, 5TH OR 6TH GEAR IN CORNERS
15. USE YOUR BRAKES AND SO YOUR TAIL LIGHT SHOWS NOT YOUR ENGINE TO BRAKE AT THE END OF STRAIGHTS
16. USE THAT FRONT BRAKE, RELY ON IT
17. CHECK MIRRORS BEFORE PASSING ANY CAR OR BIKE.
18. STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS, DO NOT ROLL THRU THEM.
19. WHEN TRAVELING AT LOW SPEEDS THROUGH SMALL TOWNS DO NOT REV YOUR ENGINE
20. IF YOU LEAVE THE RIDE LET THE SWEEPER KNOW
21. WEAR YOUR GEAR, THE MORE THE MERRIER
2. Your name here
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SMR 1-27 FAYETTEVILLE||DannyBoy||Events, Meets and Rides||98||01-28-2013 07:14 PM|
|SMR 11-18 FAYETTEVILLE||DannyBoy||Events, Meets and Rides||85||11-20-2012 11:45 PM|
|S SE SMR 10.27.12||dudewhrsmybike||Events, Meets and Rides||5||10-27-2012 01:27 PM|
|Fayetteville SMR 8/29||Hooligan||Events, Meets and Rides||89||09-02-2009 04:37 PM|
|SMR Sept 21 ~ West Side||99 Chris||Events, Meets and Rides||91||09-22-2008 11:20 PM|
|09-26-2009, 06:32 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The funky ghetto
Feedback Rating: (3)
I would go if it were spirited
|09-26-2009, 07:23 PM||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Experience: 4 years
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."