MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #41
mattm407
Afixed2mi08!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Honda CBR600RR- El Tigre

Not MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Baby doll, you don't count. Cops....pretty little girls.....almost always tend to get along unless that pretty little girl has been drinking. Women will often be given a pass for offenses that would land men in jail and/or ticketed heavily

Some troopers are Di(k$, even to other cops! Others are cool and go out of their way to help you. With the surcharge on the license, I might have towed the bike, if it wasn't just 100 yrds to your destination. See, most of you don't realize that if that trooper had cut you a break, violated his department policies, violated the law and let you drive away, he assumes full responsibilites for your actions from then on. If you got into a wreck and died, or killed another person the trooper could have been civilly and criminaly liable. He did have a reason to be a di(k for towing the bike but, he could have been reasonable about it. I'm suprised the wrecker driver passed up $200 cash on the spot.

As for pretty women, in my town, you get ticketed first. You always get over on the system cuz sum hard up di(k likes boobies. I will cite a pretty woman before a guy but, the guy has to have a funny excuse, good excuse or an unusual excuse that I have not heard before. I am the exception, not the norm, unfortunately!
Almost got run off the road by a State Trooper Helios General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 12-29-2009 10:48 AM
So my dad literally went nuts today and ended up in jail. AiJay Off Topic 28 06-09-2009 11:04 PM
ride conroe today blueyama1000 Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-25-2009 09:07 AM
Went for a ride today... Ended up fishing tiatool General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 07-06-2008 01:29 AM
I got rear ended today in my Z bdmpastx Off Topic 62 04-11-2007 08:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #42
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
a while back ago we were cruising the back road in Liverpool with .. htown .. omega and me... when we got pulled over by a liverpool cop .. i was speeding, actually everyone was... empty road .. no one to be seen for a while.. anyways told him we were cruising and getting some fresh air away from the city .. asked him for some good scenic routes..and we started chit chatting about how his wife made him sell his bike etc.. anyways.. he gave us a warning and let us go...

not all are bad...

once got pulled over after Jimmy's sunday morning ride bye a trooper.. cop clocked me at 70 on a 60 zone.. and had to give me a ticket cuz .. they heard on the radio of ppl speeding back on the country roads that morning... bummer.

Now i don't speed just cruise... saving the speed for the track..

Last edited by aboo007; 09-07-2009 at 09:00 AM.
aboo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #43
shanecrow99
punoɹƃɹǝpun xıs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
old skool
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
new skool
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
honesty goes a far way.

on way to squoddy/weenies house last night i got pulled over by DPS.

i was speeding (73 in 65)

told them straight up.

1. i dont have my bike license
2. my tags are out.
3. i have no muffler
4. i DID get my inspection recently
5. i DO have insurance on the bike.
6. i have no speedo on the bike due to car backin over it in parking lot a while back...converting a working headlight meant lossing SOMETHING usefull.

i then let them know. no excuses, but this is my reason for such. i lost my job 6 months ago. wife left at the same time. i just picked up work last week. i get paid this friday comming up. told them all i have is a dead empty house, no water/lights..gas. my clothes and my back is all i have. wife has everything else. yes i am behind, but i am working on "it"....but i have no issues or arguments for you needing to do "your job"..

i got away with a WARNING...

thing is i have been getting pulled over EVERY WEEK for the past 2 months by DPS, HPD, SHERRIFF....all WARNINGS

+1000 I recently was talking to a relative of mine that happens to be a retired LEO Captain. He told me that any cop that is worth his salt will take into consideration what hardship writing a ticket would cause. For instance, he said that if he pulled over a college student and they were polite then he would most likely give them a warning because college kids don't have a lot of money to begin with and writing a ticket would just further their financial burden. I am sure that not all LEO's think this way, but I sure wish they did.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #44
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecrow99 View Post
...any cop that is worth his salt will take into consideration what hardship writing a ticket would cause...

...writing a ticket would just further their financial burden...
It's good there are cops that think this way but, it's sad that the system will work you over when you have no money.
As mentioned before, a person misses an insurance payment cause they have no money and the state makes them pay even more.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #45
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Baby doll, you don't count. Cops....pretty little girls.....almost always tend to get along unless that pretty little girl has been drinking. Women will often be given a pass for offenses that would land men in jail and/or ticketed heavily
Not true. I've never gotten pulled over that I wasn't ticketed.

Now I just don't get pulled over- been 15 years now. My cloaking device is in full working order! I never leave home without it.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #46
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm407 View Post

As for pretty women, in my town, you get ticketed first. You always get over on the system cuz sum hard up di(k likes boobies. I will cite a pretty woman before a guy but, the guy has to have a funny excuse, good excuse or an unusual excuse that I have not heard before. I am the exception, not the norm, unfortunately!
Why? That seems sexist. What if I have a funny story or a good joke? Being a girl has never gotten me anything. Why do men think this?

See? Cops are ; or, at least, you are.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #47
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
$100 is the surcharge, then for 3 years you have to pay 360 EACH year.....

Well, thats what I had to do.
What?

If you are talking about the point surcharge. It only with 6 or more points, and its $100 (plus an additional $25 for every point above 6) paid annually until there are less than 6 points on your record. (Points last 3 years)

Quote:
Points surcharge
DPS will assess a surcharge when the driver accumulates a total of six points or more on their record during a three-year period. The surcharge assessment will be reviewed annually. If driver record continues to reflect six or more points during the prior three-year period, the surcharge will be assessed. Therefore, drivers may be required to pay for one or more years if six or more points continue to accumulate on the driver record. The driver is required to pay a $100 surcharge for the first six points and $25 for each additional point. Point surcharges are cumulative and may vary with each annual assessment if convictions are added or removed from the driver record.

Annual surcharge for certain convictions
Drivers who receive a conviction for any of the following offenses that occur on or after September 1, 2003 are required to pay an annual surcharge for three years from the date of conviction.

* Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), or a DWI-related offense
o First Conviction - $1,000 annual surcharge
o Second or subsequent Conviction - $1,500 annual surcharge
o DWI with Blood Alcohol Content .16 or greater - $2,000 annual surcharge
* Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility
o $250 annual surcharge
* Driving While License Invalid
o $250 annual surcharge
* Driving without a Valid License (i.e.; No Driver License, No Commercial Driver License, No Endorsement Violation, No Motorcycle License, Operate with License for other Class Vehicle).
o $100 annual surcharge

Surcharges, which are cumulative, are automatically assessed for these convictions and do not accrue points. Therefore, an initial conviction for DWI will be assessed $1000 annually, and a subsequent DWI conviction within the same three-year period will be assessed an additional $1500 annually.

All surcharges assessed for this program are in addition to all other reinstatement fees required for other administrative actions and do not replace any administrative suspension, revocation, disqualification or cancellation action that results from these same convictions.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #48
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Why? That seems sexist. What if I have a funny story or a good joke? Being a girl has never gotten me anything. Why do men think this?

Any cop that makes a general assumption about any group of people based on , age, race, color, religion, ect and decides that XXXXX group is getting a ticket no matter what is discriminatory in my book and should have their peace officers license revoked.

Every situation is different, a good cop knows and understands this and takes full account of everything before just dishing out tickets for minor traffic violations.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #49
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CRF450R Motard
Some Dirties
WTB: Grom! PM me!

Quote:

Can you say, sexist?

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #50
JGrein05

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
Lol. I passed yall on Calvary rd. Cops are out there for a reason. People haul and that's not the road to do it on. Just before where yall pulled over there is a flashing yellow light. A cop was killed there early this year and they have started working the out of that road. My father in law lives right there and I set the cruise control on 45 coming and going.

Dang dude you saw us......, but yea my lake house is down the next street from where we were pulled over
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #51
jheeziee110

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

i just paid my surcharge
jheeziee110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #52
mattm407
Afixed2mi08!

Bike(s):
2008 Honda CBR600RR- El Tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post

That was my middle name years ago. I still love the sound of it. Sexist? yeah probably. But, to a male cop, lots of women, not all, will try anything from flirting to doing more to get out of a ticket. Yes, if they have a funny story or it's a one up from one of the better stories I let them go.
I worked the STEP wave program for this holiday. I wrote a warning for a family who was going to see their brother off to the war in Iraq. I'm not all bad, I do have a compasionae side, sometimes!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #53
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:

That was my middle name years ago. I still love the sound of it. Sexist? yeah probably. But, to a male cop, lots of women, not all, will try anything from flirting to doing more to get out of a ticket. Yes, if they have a funny story or it's a one up from one of the better stories I let them go.
I worked the STEP wave program for this holiday. I wrote a warning for a family who was going to see their brother off to the war in Iraq. I'm not all bad, I do have a compasionae side, sometimes!
My experience has been the cop trying to get the woman to do it.

Maybe that's why I used to get so many tickets.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #54
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #55
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

troopers are the only ones ever to cut me a warning, hpd has given me tickets everytime. true poor me story last time didn't even faze em..

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #56
DNGRMOUSE
Banned

Location: Noorf East side, Hillbilly , In the Dog house normally

Bike(s):
'97 Honda VFR 750
'09 Buell Firebolt Xb12R
Fatboy
Tricycle
pocket rocket

User is banned

DNGRMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #57
DNGRMOUSE
Banned

Location: Noorf East side, Hillbilly , In the Dog house normally

Bike(s):
'97 Honda VFR 750
'09 Buell Firebolt Xb12R
Fatboy
Tricycle
pocket rocket

User is banned

DNGRMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #58
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

The moral of the story is to have all your stuff in order if you ride or drive. Everyone gets pulled over sometime in their lives.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #59
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRMOUSE View Post
and to the good cops that are out there actually doing their job and helping the community
thank you

Hey. You told me you liked it when I played "bad cop". No more crisco covered nightstickings for you.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #60
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

I went up to conroe sunday & monday, there were troopers *everywhere*, posted up all over 105, from sams boat to i-45 i saw 2 cops pull over people and 3 troopers with people already pulled over... made me feel a little better about moving away.

on the same note i didnt see any on 2854 on the way up there though. they just like hammering 105. and of course the obligatory lightshow in the woodlands on 45..

Advertisement