MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









OHVALE GP-0 160 in the hou... Tahoe!

Ohvale 160 in the house

And IN the Tahoe >


This is way more than just a 'pit bike' or 'mini bike'
It is intended to be used as a proper track & race bike
I just hope to use it to stay some what riding fit LOL













__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OHVALE Mini GP Bikes BuckNut Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 09-12-2018 12:40 PM
03 Tahoe Branden9182 Cars / Trucks - For sale or Trade 0 11-15-2012 07:04 PM
97 Tahoe 2dr 4x4 1badzx12r Miscellaneous (Non-Moto-Related) 8 07-10-2008 10:09 PM
1996 Tahoe Sprayboy91 Miscellaneous (Non-Moto-Related) 0 10-04-2007 09:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
kenup283
Senior Member
 
kenup283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 726

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200




Member Garage





Sweet looking bike. What are your plans for racing with it, TMGP, ASMGP, other ?

Also curious what you think of the ergos
__________________
Experience is not something you get until just after you needed it.
kenup283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #3
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Ergos are interesting. It makes you feel that to have any sort of control at speed it wants you to really manage your body position which is why I originally decided to get one.

But then along the way I decided a few mods might be in order LOL

I am not sure why but it seems like a good idea









__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
sharkynrk
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 57

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 ZX6R
09 250R Track
93 F2.5 Track
2015 Grom
08 Versys 650






Send a message via Yahoo to sharkynrk
Wow!
sharkynrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #5
loosenoose
veteran novice
 
loosenoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montgomery
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,622

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650
cb300
fz1
vstrom
vfr800

Member Garage


thats crazy. i'd love to see one of these little bastards made street legal. that'd be wild
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #6
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
thats crazy. i'd love to see one of these little bastards made street legal. that'd be wild
I have an idea for this as well.

Stay tuned I am putting together a kit.
__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #7
loosenoose
veteran novice
 
loosenoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montgomery
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,622

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650
cb300
fz1
vstrom
vfr800

Member Garage


i mean why not? it's clearly faster than a grom
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,628


Bike(s):
A Few









That looks like a Talent Cup bike.

Did they sell you as ďnewĒ or previously used.
__________________
The Real Troll Brostien, playing them like a fiddle.

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
That looks like a Talent Cup bike.

Did they sell you as ďnewĒ or previously used.
Yes, it's a left over Talent Cup bike sold as a used bike.

What attracted my attention was it was cheaper than new with a few simple upgrades - only 4.7 engine hours, GP shift lever, adjustable fork cartridges & adjustable shock and front brake lever guard.

Now it is sprung for a kid so I need to reinstall the stiffer stock shock and fork springs.
__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #10
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,628


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Yes, it's a left over Talent Cup bike sold as a used bike.

What attracted my attention was it was cheaper than new with a few simple upgrades - only 4.7 engine hours, GP shift lever, adjustable fork cartridges & adjustable shock and front brake lever guard.

Now it is sprung for a kid so I need to reinstall the stiffer stock shock and fork springs.
Not because of my dislike of the Ohvale business model but Iím going to be straight up with you.

If it only has / had 4.7 hours then that was the bike Hayden used (My daughter). Iím sure you are aware that breaking in these motors are everything. She was the only one in the field that didnít practice the day before. So Iím 99.99% positive that was her bike.

Because of economics we showed up the day of the event. To our surprise her bike hadnít even been started. It had severe idling issues and we absolutely abused it. There was no break in. She had to learn the track fast so it sat at WOT all morning practice until it started running better.

Oh, the suspension is set for a 100lb rider.

If I was you and check the valve clearance, metal shavings and perhaps even piston rings.

Good luck, those are fun bikes. But Bucci is better.
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,628


Bike(s):
A Few









Oh, if you plan replacing the motor, Iím interested in purchasing. Iíll have no issues going through the top end. Moving my kids up from a 110cc.
__________________
The Real Troll Brostien, playing them like a fiddle.

MH Member: "The hate group quit posting because of you".
Me: Hold my beer...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #12
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









*dupe*
__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #13
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Not because of my dislike of the Ohvale business model but Iím going to be straight up with you.

If it only has / had 4.7 hours then that was the bike Hayden used (My daughter). Iím sure you are aware that breaking in these motors are everything. She was the only one in the field that didnít practice the day before. So Iím 99.99% positive that was her bike.

Because of economics we showed up the day of the event. To our surprise her bike hadnít even been started. It had severe idling issues and we absolutely abused it. There was no break in. She had to learn the track fast so it sat at WOT all morning practice until it started running better.

Oh, the suspension is set for a 100lb rider.

If I was you and check the valve clearance, metal shavings and perhaps even piston rings.

Good luck, those are fun bikes. But Bucci is better.
Apparently Cody used the #44 bike. Any relation?
The oil looked ok when changed on Saturday and the bike pulls hard.

Not having mechanical sympathy for the sponsored bike is a another discussion though

__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #14
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









I am being lazy and just reposting my IG posts

Baseline dyno done. In stock broken in form, the little Ohvale puts 15.27 teeny tiny ponies to the rear wheel

The Arrow system is very light despite having a heavier header pipe - the silencer at 1lb lighter than the Yosh, weighs nothing and delivers pretty good peak power for a race oriented bike.

Despite the Yosh pipe not outgunning the Arrows on top numbers on this day (it is a 190cc pipe and maybe that makes a difference) it is down low that the Yosh pipe makes great torque.
Area under the curve baby!!!

Stay tuned for more!!













__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #15
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









A closer look at the Ohvale chassis to appreciate the essence of the bike - it is a no nonsense Italian built race bike.

And just so as not to forget the main mission on hand, the Fireblade WSBK in a Shed build - 2 proper purpose built race bikes side by side.








__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #16
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Last minute decision to try catch an hour or so of track time on Sunday at SpeedSportz Racing Park and got some great introductory laps in.

The Ohvale really rewards commitment and harshly punishes sloppy riding, this is a fantastic rider improvement tool!

The Yoshimura RS9 pipe really had the bike pulling as well as 160cc can at any rpm in any gear. Corners I got right were sublime, for the ones in the wrong gear the bike didnít bog.

2 other Houston Ohvales at the track - a 212 & a 190.

I definitely need to change to the K175 springs - itís still running the K140 springs from the Talent Cup.

Added 1/2 hour to the engine hour meter, lost a couple fairing screws to vibration, discovered the bars need to be adjusted and my feet may be too big to use the GP Shift pedal comfortably.

Also learned 57*F is cool enough to get your attention on the PMT slicks if you donít let them warm up - will be sure to run the tire warmers next time

The Alpinestars suit and airbag vest fit perfectly and were comfortable to use. The RST TracTech EVO R gauntlets were very comfortable and even with the heavy armor allowed reasonably quick finger movements.

Oh yeah, if you try squeeze in an hour of late afternoon fall track time, itís possible to leave in broad day light and head home in the pitch dark. By 6:15pm.










__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #17
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,628


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Apparently Cody used the #44 bike. Any relation?
The oil looked ok when changed on Saturday and the bike pulls hard.

Not having mechanical sympathy for the sponsored bike is a another discussion though
Looking through my pics Cody was definitely on the ď44Ē. He practiced Friday before the race on Saturday so Iím surprised his bike wouldnít of had more hours.

However I doubt he took it easy on that bike and probably broke it in the same as Hayden!

Out of curiosity is the engine stamped 150 or 160? There is some confusion on the actual displacement.

Btw, my offer still stands to buy the engine if you upgrade to the 190.
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #18
sharkynrk
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 57

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 ZX6R
09 250R Track
93 F2.5 Track
2015 Grom
08 Versys 650






Send a message via Yahoo to sharkynrk
This thread is awesome ... and depressing at the same time lol. These little things are so cool.
sharkynrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #19
RC45
Senior Member
 
RC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 402

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes









Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Looking through my pics Cody was definitely on the ď44Ē. He practiced Friday before the race on Saturday so Iím surprised his bike wouldnít of had more hours.

However I doubt he took it easy on that bike and probably broke it in the same as Hayden!

Out of curiosity is the engine stamped 150 or 160? There is some confusion on the actual displacement.

Btw, my offer still stands to buy the engine if you upgrade to the 190.
My understanding is the 160 model Europeans all use Zongshen 150 motors is 155cc setup. 65 x 50 Bore stroke using the 150cc marked barrel for 155.5cc.

I thought Sunday Racing, Bucci, YCF & Ohvale 160s are all actually 155.5 stroker 150 Zongshen motors.

I am probably going to keep the 160 and modify it over time as well - or just keep it as a stock motor to put in the spares pack if I ever sell the entire bike on.
__________________
.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-21-2019, 08:01 PM   #20
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,628


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
My understanding is the 160 model Europeans all use Zongshen 150 motors is 155cc setup. 65 x 50 Bore stroke using the 150cc marked barrel for 155.5cc.

I thought Sunday Racing, Bucci, YCF & Ohvale 160s are all actually 155.5 stroker 150 Zongshen motors.

I am probably going to keep the 160 and modify it over time as well - or just keep it as a stock motor to put in the spares pack if I ever sell the entire bike on.
Donít advertise your knowledge!

The ď110ísĒ would really get people in a furry if they knew true displacement.

Good on you.

Last edited by BuckNut; 11-21-2019 at 08:04 PM.
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy