MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #41
batmanR2
Member
 
batmanR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24












had a good time, my first time doing a group ride in ages.
batmanR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Weather: The longest, hottest part of the summer is upon us NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-29-2018 04:50 PM
Houston Weather: Hottest of the summer today? NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-23-2018 07:10 AM
December weather arrives! NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 12-18-2016 01:22 PM
Summer weather puts dogs at risk of heat stroke NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 08-01-2015 08:20 PM
Weather forces Free Press Summer Fest to temporarily evacuate NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-31-2014 01:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #42
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----
 
*Princess*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,065

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE








Was that you guys I came across on 3090 at the 15 mph curve around 2:00???
__________________
Livin' life in the pass lane.
*Princess* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #43
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
Was that you guys I came across on 3090 at the 15 mph curve around 2:00???
Yes...i thought that was you.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #44
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanievp View Post
My son and I made it home! Awesome ride today for my first time to the forest
Was nice to meet your son...
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #45
SysKnight
Senior Member
 
SysKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 193

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
BMW S1000rr
Triumph 675r
Ninja 300







Video from today.

SysKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #46
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





I know this sounds mushy but i want to personally thank all of you who join our rides. Its a pleasure being part of such a great group of riders. Ive devoted my weekends to leading these rides and its one of the best choices ive ever made.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #47
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Per a riders request our ride will go to Fayettville for lunch.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #48
Maganda
Member
 
Maganda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: The Woodlands/Conroe area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 21


Bike(s):
Kawasaki Ninja 650r









Had so much fun today. Glad I finally made it out. And the weather was perfect!
Maganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #49
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Maganda View Post
Had so much fun today. Glad I finally made it out. And the weather was perfect!
Just do it!!!...hehe
You did great...the crowd was impressed.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #50
Kenneth
AKA Giraffapus, AKA 675R
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 247

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Aprilia Tuono RR 2018
Triumph Street Triple R 2015 (Sold)
Yamaha FZ6R 2015 (Sold fast)
Suzuki Katana 750 1990 (Sold)
Honda Twinstar 200 1980 (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
Was that you guys I came across on 3090 at the 15 mph curve around 2:00???
I think that was me. At least I passed you after you left yankees.

Hass took off just before I did, as he had doubled back to Yankee’s too, so he may also have passed you. If you were lucky, you got passed by 3 sweet Tuonos!

Edit:... I see! WE passed you on the way their too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GH010025.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	102521  

Last edited by Kenneth; 12-01-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #51
Kenneth
AKA Giraffapus, AKA 675R
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 247

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Aprilia Tuono RR 2018
Triumph Street Triple R 2015 (Sold)
Yamaha FZ6R 2015 (Sold fast)
Suzuki Katana 750 1990 (Sold)
Honda Twinstar 200 1980 (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
I know this sounds mushy but i want to personally thank all of you who join our rides. Its a pleasure being part of such a great group of riders. Ive devoted my weekends to leading these rides and its one of the best choices ive ever made.
.... and The mighty Giraffapuss loves you too!
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #52
Lindz
Senior Member
 
Lindz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 272

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 Ducati 899 Panigale
2007 Buell XB12SCG
2009 Suzuki S40 custom cafe racer







*heart hands*
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:27 PM   #53
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----
 
*Princess*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,065

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE








Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Yes...I thought that was you.

How cool! I almost turned around and joined you, but I had a BLT waiting for me at Yankee's. It was awesome seeing a big pack of sport bikes on the road. You guys looked (and sounded) great! Thanks for all the waves.
__________________
Livin' life in the pass lane.
*Princess* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #54
The Morganator
Senior Member
 
The Morganator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
How cool! I almost turned around and joined you, but I had a BLT waiting for me at Yankee's. It was awesome seeing a big pack of sport bikes on the road. You guys looked (and sounded) great! Thanks for all the waves.
I was honored to be on the same road as you...miss ya.
__________________
"King of Clean"
The Morganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #55
FrostsFair
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 ZX-6R ABS
2014 Ninja 300 abs
2012 Honda Rebel (Bobber)







I'll be there Sunday
FrostsFair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #56
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----
 
*Princess*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,065

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE








Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffapuss View Post
I think that was me. At least I passed you after you left yankees.

Hass took off just before I did, as he had doubled back to Yankee’s too, so he may also have passed you. If you were lucky, you got passed by 3 sweet Tuonos!

Hmm. You would've seen me twice then, I guess. I was at Yankee's from 2:15 to 3:00. I crossed paths with the big group around 2:00 on my way there. And after I left, I did pass a few sport bikes going the opposite direction. Not sure what they were. Were you wearing a gray jacket? If so, I saw you.

Also, there was a Tuono in the Yankee's parking lot when I got there, but I didn't recognize the rider. That would've made 4 sweet Tuonos in 1 day! Lol


EDIT: Oh, I just saw your edit! Yes, that's me!! How cool!! Hi, guys!!!! I wish I would've opened my visor so you could've seen it was me... Oh well. Now you know. Too cool.
__________________
Livin' life in the pass lane.

Last edited by *Princess*; 12-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.
*Princess* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #57
JesasaurusRex
Member
 
JesasaurusRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13












missing this ride today may have been a blessing in disguise for me. Was going to try to make the ride tomorrow but my motor let go on me today, pretty glad i stayed local for that.

still not sure wtf happened as this took place like an hour ago
but there's a pretty decent size hole in my valve cover. Heard some mechanical damage for a second that cleared up almost immediately so initially i thought the piston kissed the valve for a second or something since it took place at high rpm. Traveled about another 600 ft or so and came to a light and the bike started smoking from the oil pouring onto the exhaust. So i killed the bike and had the wife pick me up with the trailer.

Not sure what happened exactly since the motor still seemed to run fine before i shut it off. No loss of power or anything. Peaking through my new window there looks to be a missing bolt that attaches the timing chain gear to the cam so i donno if that backed out and punched a hole through the valve cover or if there was never one to begin with.

4500 miles for those that want to know, warranty better be smooth


JesasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #58
Kenneth
AKA Giraffapus, AKA 675R
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 247

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Aprilia Tuono RR 2018
Triumph Street Triple R 2015 (Sold)
Yamaha FZ6R 2015 (Sold fast)
Suzuki Katana 750 1990 (Sold)
Honda Twinstar 200 1980 (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post
missing this ride today may have been a blessing in disguise for me. Was going to try to make the ride tomorrow but my motor let go on me today, pretty glad i stayed local for that.

still not sure wtf happened as this took place like an hour ago
but there's a pretty decent size hole in my valve cover. Heard some mechanical damage for a second that cleared up almost immediately so initially i thought the piston kissed the valve for a second or something since it took place at high rpm. Traveled about another 600 ft or so and came to a light and the bike started smoking from the oil pouring onto the exhaust. So i killed the bike and had the wife pick me up with the trailer.

Not sure what happened exactly since the motor still seemed to run fine before i shut it off. No loss of power or anything. Peaking through my new window there looks to be a missing bolt that attaches the timing chain gear to the cam so i donno if that backed out and punched a hole through the valve cover or if there was never one to begin with.

4500 miles for those that want to know, warranty better be smooth


It's funny how things work out sometimes. Glad you stayed near home. hope you get it back instep soon and hopefully, with little fuss.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #59
Kenneth
AKA Giraffapus, AKA 675R
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 247

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Aprilia Tuono RR 2018
Triumph Street Triple R 2015 (Sold)
Yamaha FZ6R 2015 (Sold fast)
Suzuki Katana 750 1990 (Sold)
Honda Twinstar 200 1980 (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
Hmm. You would've seen me twice then, I guess. I was at Yankee's from 2:15 to 3:00. I crossed paths with the big group around 2:00 on my way there. And after I left, I did pass a few sport bikes going the opposite direction. Not sure what they were. Were you wearing a gray jacket? If so, I saw you.

Also, there was a Tuono in the Yankee's parking lot when I got there, but I didn't recognize the rider. That would've made 4 sweet Tuonos in 1 day! Lol


EDIT: Oh, I just saw your edit! Yes, that's me!! How cool!! Hi, guys!!!! I wish I would've opened my visor so you could've seen it was me... Oh well. Now you know. Too cool.
Hass and Rob bob were there on Apes, then I showed up just by chance. you left while I was... indisposed. I caught you a bit later again. Although you may not have known what passed you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 02021202.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	102522  
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #60
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----
 
*Princess*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,065

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE








Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffapuss View Post
Hass and Rob bob were there on Apes, then I showed up just by chance. you left while I was... indisposed. I caught you a bit later again. Although you may not have known what passed you
That was you? Man. You came from out of nowhere and then disappeared into thin air! Lol
Too bad we missed each other at Yankee's. Next time.
__________________
Livin' life in the pass lane.
*Princess* is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy