MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #101
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,137

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






I've made my own radiator guards and I still have plenty material left...
On the other hand I don't know why slicks would pick up more debris than a DOT tire?
I race with DOT tires but race compound and they pick up a lot stuff as well... I never noticed the difference...
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waller Bucees Group Ride...Sat. 11/17 and Sun. 11/18... The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 28 11-18-2018 07:36 AM
Sun. 10/28 Group Ride 10 am. Waller Bucees... The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 24 10-28-2018 05:44 PM
Sat. and Sun....9/15-9/16 Waller Bucees Group Ride... The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 29 09-16-2018 02:18 PM
Sat. 6/23 Group Ride...Waller Bucees...8:30 am... The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 21 06-23-2018 08:15 PM
Sat. 6/16 Group Ride 8:30 am Waller Bucees... The Morganator Events, Meets and Rides 15 06-18-2018 09:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #102
HaywoodJablomi
Teh Angry Asian
 
HaywoodJablomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 117

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 zx10r blew that up
2013 zx14r The beast mode bike
2007 Hayabusa The Here I am officer bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
I've made my own radiator guards and I still have plenty material left...
On the other hand I don't know why slicks would pick up more debris than a DOT tire?
I race with DOT tires but race compound and they pick up a lot stuff as well... I never noticed the difference...
I agree with you. If I'm not on slicks I usually run the supercorsas or the gpa pro tires and those are pretty much as soft as they come and dot legal. I've hit my buddies plenty of times and vice versa riding thru the forest and around Houston but I'm just throwing another fair warning out. Dont wanna get blamed for punctured radiators on naked bikes again.
HaywoodJablomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #103
Kenneth
Fu*kíN Turtles!
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 325

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Aprilia Tuono RR 2018
Triumph Street Triple R 2015 (Sold)
Yamaha FZ6R 2015 (Sold fast)
Suzuki Katana 750 1990 (Sold)
Honda Twinstar 200 1980 (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by HaywoodJablomi View Post
I agree with you. If I'm not on slicks I usually run the supercorsas or the gpa pro tires and those are pretty much as soft as they come and dot legal. I've hit my buddies plenty of times and vice versa riding thru the forest and around Houston but I'm just throwing another fair warning out. Dont wanna get blamed for punctured radiators on naked bikes again.
it wasn’t your fault. I was riding second or third back from Morganator almost the whole ride and got ailed over and . over again. One hit my visor sho hard i was sure it cracked. It left a good mark on th3 visor. My bike has just over 5k on it and the front is covred in decent sized nicks. Simple truth is hot tires throw rocks. Get a guard and expect it. It’s no ones fault. It’s the nature of group rides.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #104
orgduker
Senior Member
 
orgduker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 109

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2017 R1M
2015 1290 SDR








Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffapuss View Post
it wasnít your fault. I was riding second or third back from Morganator almost the whole ride and got ailed over and . over again. One hit my visor sho hard i was sure it cracked. It left a good mark on th3 visor. My bike has just over 5k on it and the front is covred in decent sized nicks. Simple truth is hot tires throw rocks. Get a guard and expect it. Itís no ones fault. Itís the nature of group rides.
You gotta adjust and adapt to the ride. Show up with this and see if any rocks get slinged at you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armored-boss-hoss-mo.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	102510  
__________________
Iím a responsible rider and will put all my bikes in street mode.

Mike
orgduker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy