Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-16-2015, 03:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSBK Phillip Island test Day 1
Four British riders sit at the top of the time sheet after day one
BRITON Alex Lowes has topped the time sheets on day one of the first official 2015 World Superbike test with three other British riders in tow.
Almost perfect conditions allowed 25 riders, who will contest their first WSBK race of 2015 on Sunday, fine-tuned their machines in the two 120-minute sessions.
Ex-MotoGP rider Randy de Puniet led the way for Voltcom Crescent Suzuki for over half of the first session before Leon Haslam and 2013's World Superbike Champion Tom Sykes took their turn at the top. However, it was Kawasaki's new recruit Jonathan Rea who ended the first two hours on track ahead of his team-mate Sykes.
Davide Giugliano crashed out at Turn 11 in the early minutes of the afternoon and was unable to rejoin. Frenchman de Puniet crashed at the same place as Giugliano in the closing minutes of the afternoon, but luckily sustained only bruising.
In the second session Sykes produced consistently fast laps closing the gap to team-mate Rea as a number of other riders also set their personal best laps of the day.
Lowes pushed to the top of the time sheets with two minutes to go 0.331s faster than Rea. Haslam continued to improve late on in the session finishing third just ahead of Sykes who completed 72 laps in total. Spanish rookie Jordi Torres finished in fifth whilst Giuglano's morning session time kept him in sixth.
Welshman Chaz Davies finished seventh on the second factory Ducati whilst de Puniet finished eighth and reigning World Supersport Champion Michael van der Mark finished ninth.
Reigning World Superbike Champion Sylvain Guintoli took his time on the first day and finished down in 13th place for the Pata Honda World Superbike Team.
The final day of the official World Superbike test will be tomorrow with two 12-minute timed sessions.
Day one times:
1. Alex Lowes Suzuki Voltcom Crescent Suzuki 1:31.332
2. Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing 1’31.663 (+0.331)
3. Leon Haslam Red Devils Roma Aprilia 1’31.692 (+0.360)
4. Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing 1’31.753 (+0.421)
5. Jordi Torres Red Devils Roma Aprilia 1’31.783 (+0.451)
6. Davide Giugliano Aruba Racing Ducati 1’31.948 (+0.616)
7. Chaz Davies Aruba Racing Ducati 1’32.114 (+0.782)
8. Randy De Puniet Voltcom Crescent Suzuki 1’32.402 (+1.070)
9. Michael van der Mark Pata Honda World Superbike 1’32.408 (+1.076)
10. Nico Terol Althea Ducati 1’32.425 (+1.093)
11. David Salom Pedercini Kawasaki 1’32.588 (+1.256)
12. Leon Camier MV Augusta 1’32.885 (+1.553)
13. Sylvain Guintoli Pata Honda World Superbile 1’32.891 (+1.559)
14. Niccolò Canepa Team Hero EBR 1’33.124 (+1.792)
15. Matteo Baiocco Althea Ducati 1’33.477 (+2.145)
16. Sylvain Barrier DMW Italia1’33.497 (+2.165)
17. Leandro Mercado Barni Ducati 1’33.565 (+2.233)
18. Jed Metcher Race Center Kawasaki 1’34.382 (+3.050)
19. Román Ramos GO Eleven Kawasaki 1’34.577 (+3.245)
20. Mathew Walters Pedercini Kawasaki 1’34.637 (+3.305)
21. Larry Pegram Team Hero EBR 1’35.006 (+3.674)
22. Santiago Barragán GO Eleven Kawasaki 1’35.754 (+4.422)
23. Gábor Rizmayer Team Toth BMW 1’36.500 (+5.168)
24. Christophe Ponsson GO Eleven Kawasaki 1’36.607 (+5.275)
25. Imre Toth Team Toth 1’36.873 (+5.541)
Lowes stays with Crescent Suzuki for 2015
Jerez WSBK test day one: Rea quickest
Jerez WSBK test day two: Giugliano sets the pace
Jonathan Rea joins Sykes at Kawasaki for 2015
Alex Lowes tops the timesheets during pre-season WSBK testing
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSBK Phillip Island test day two||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-17-2015 02:10 AM|
|WSBK Phillip Island test day one||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-16-2015 04:50 AM|
|Phillip Island MotoGP test times Day 2||NewsBot||Racing News||0||03-04-2014 04:30 AM|
|WSBK - Phillip Island WSBK test dates confirmed||NewsBot||Racing News||0||12-09-2013 10:50 AM|
|WSBK: Phillip Island test - Sunday AM||Grinchy||Taking it to the Track||4||02-22-2010 12:16 PM|