MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900ish SS/SP
1991 Bimota YB8
2005 Honda CRF 115 supermoto TMGP

1996 Ducati Supersport 900 PROJECT and spares

Year

Make
Ducati

Model
900 Supersport

Mileage

Asking Price
2250 or 3750 (see below)

Contact Info
PM or Tojo92 at msn dot com

Originally purchased around July 2016 from MH with the following ad…edited slightly to focus on condition of bike…(time warp back with me would you?)
(Time warp back)
From July 2016 advert –
The bike is currently not running and has been sitting for 1 year. Fairings and tank are off.

Pulled all the plastics and tank to get painted about 16 months ago. There was a delay in getting the decals, which delayed the paint process from being completed. The tank was left open and developed some interior rust issues which wasn’t caught and ended up fouling the carbs. Pulled everything off to repair but have not been able to get back into it and will not be able to going forward.

(8/2/2019 NOTE: NO rust was actually in the tank, but there is some varnish. The “rust” was surface dust in the tank as it came right out.)

Back to July 2016-

Things it needs:
-interior tank cleaning and refinishing
-carbs cleaned and rebuilt
-common to this era there are some cracks in the aluminum
(8/2/2019 NOTE: not aluminum, steel) headstock (minor but since the tank is off, this would be a good time to repair)
-will need some reassembly (fairings, tank, air box, battery are removed)
Positive things:
-Bike is beautiful and runs like a top when its going
-New paint
-New brakes front and rear a little over two years ago by the guys at Motorcycles Unlimited.
-Tires are good
-Fast by Ferracci pipes
-clear blue title

(fuzzy vision and cool music)
Back to today…8/2/2019 - Currently bike needs the following:
Headlight fairing stay needs to have mirror mount welded, or you will need to buy one off of Ebay.
The aluminum rear swing arm was repaired as these are known to crack if overtightened. It has been repaired, but because it doesn’t look the best to me, so I have another swing arm included. You can sell either and recoup some money.
The frame/headstock does have a crack, these are simple to repair by a decent welder; it needs to be done. See pictures for crack.
You’ll need to sort out the ignition wires as they were removed when air box was removed. Not too hard to do. I’ll include a factory OCR searchable PDF service file and a manual as shown in the pics.
I would strongly suggest doing a service on the motor including the belts and new tires.
Reassemble all the fairings; no big deal once the fairing stay is replaced or repaired.

I think it is important to note that the rear shock appears to be from a later model Supersport. This, coupled with the fact that the front and rear fender are not CF, makes me wonder if it is a true SS/SP or if it was a CR (standard model) converted. It had has the proper front end and triple area number plate of a SSSP, but that could have been added. It is fairly common to convert these from one to the other.

For the Bike: As it sits with a clear blue Texas Title on my name with the standard street full fairings, and a box of misc items (including plenty of bolts, a few oil filters, etc.)AND extra swingarm, I am asking $2,250.

Additionally, I have a few items for sale as well if you are interested. Spare fairings and the Holy Grail for these Ducati 900 Supersports, the Sudco Keihin FCR 41 mm flatslides as per the price list below.

Flatslides - $900

Carbon Fiber Full side fairings – there is some ghosting from previous stickers on the bare carbon and a slight tear on the fairings near one of the vents, but VERY light and great for track days. $400 for the set

Factory Full side panels with blinkers glassed over and painted solid red also great for track days $450 for the set

Sargent seat $200 (not pictured)

If you buy the bike at asking price, I’ll add in the front and rear Pitbull stands pictured for $50.

All separate, that totals to $4250

If you want everything together – $3750 for all including a lot of leftover parts from a 1994 Duc SS SP that is being converted to fuel injection…complete wire harness, extra airbox, switchgear, working dash (speedo, tach, odometer), engine lower end and one good head, and whatever else I can find to go with it from the 1994.

This is a great project for someone that has some time to invest to get a classic bike on the road. You could definitely sell off many of the spares if the entire package is purchased and recoup quite a bit of the costs.

Bike is in Cedar Park, TX

Last edited by Tojo92; 08-02-2019 at 10:11 PM.