MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
Cascade67

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Moto Guzzi V7 III Special

Question Polaris West Katy? Quality dealer?

All,

May I ask if anyone on the forum has positive or otherwise comments about Polaris West in Katy? Are they a quality dealer? Competent, honest? What about service? Do they appear to be financially stable? Their location is pretty close to mine, and I am keen on this bike:

https://polariswest.com/Motorcycles-...d-aa16016586aa

thanks!
Cascade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help getting my bike to Polaris West cegusman General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 01-28-2014 05:42 AM
Any experience with POLARIS West Service?? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-17-2008 10:52 AM
Polaris West Triumph Suzuki in Katy SUCKS Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 103 12-08-2006 07:39 PM
Polaris West - New Trumpet 675 zixx6r Taking it to the Track 1 11-19-2005 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
Dread6
BANNED

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Sorry I do not

I only go for parts and only Deal with Ray.
I have never dealt with service, but i know things have changed over the years and not for the better. I've been going there since 2012 back when one of the sales guys use to lead Triumph rides from the dealer.

I got across town to Motorcyle Unlimited for service. Im do all my own service except for what i can't do or want to put up with again
Dread6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
The Habernatho

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2012 Street Triple R
2016 GS Adventure

They just recently changed ownership. Richard is no longer there. He was always real quick to get back with you. I had a couple guys since then promise multiple return phone calls that never happened. Take that fwiw.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
BD#270

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
KTM 65 Motard
TTR BBR 153

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
They recently changed ownership. I would give them a chance. I think the father of one of our ex employees is the new owner. If that's the case, he's a good dude and both of his son's are really good Moto-X riders.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
GSXRBLUR

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 GSXR 600

Last year they had my 2011 GSXR for 9+ weeks just to replace fork seals. Ordered wrong parts and upon completion, new seal still leaked. They did fix it again for no charge. I was not a happy camper. Just my .02
GSXRBLUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
had a buddy recently use them....took 3 trips to get a set of tires installed. They tried selling him a tire that had been on the shelf for like 4+ yrs. Did not honor 10% service discount since the bike was purchased there (I guess that deal went out the window with the change in ownership?). He used to go out of his way to them for service....no mas.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #7
Cascade67

Bike(s):

My personal experience about 18 months ago: inquired about trading my Triumph 675 STRX for a Tiger...no response...called again...no response... finally they called back and left a message telling me to ride in and talk... pretty pathetic, seemed uninterested. New ownership could be good or bad. After being burned in Houston three times by dealers closing abruptly, or dropping franchises: my main criteria is quality dealer that will not go out of business. So, what is the best Houston area dealer? Subjective question.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #8
FE_rex
I Void Warranties

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Rocket
09 FLHP
08 VSCRAW
05 VSCRA
14 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade67 View Post
............. So, what is the best Houston area dealer? Subjective question.
Craigslist / cycletrader for the bike, ebay for manuals and parts
FE_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #9
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade67 View Post
All,

May I ask if anyone on the forum has positive or otherwise comments about Polaris West in Katy? Are they a quality dealer? Competent, honest? What about service? Do they appear to be financially stable? Their location is pretty close to mine, and I am keen on this bike:

https://polariswest.com/Motorcycles-...d-aa16016586aa

thanks!
Doesn't really matter. If they have the bike you want, then go up there and write a check. Triumph warranty will handle any issues you have after that.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #10
The Habernatho

Bike(s):
2012 Street Triple R
2016 GS Adventure

If local dealer service support for a Triumph is a must, and you’re not looking to drive outside the Houston area I think it’s a gamble at best. Could just be my luck, but the last two Triumphs I test rode broke on the test ride. I don’t mind saying one was at Team Mancuso since they no longer carry them (Daytona 675R), might be part of the reason they quit selling Triumph? The last one (Street Triple Ride Smart) was recent, the bike wouldn’t shift into second gear with the clutch or with the quickshifter, and the ride by wire throttle was doing crazy stuff. That said, my ‘12 Street Triple R has been rock solid with 79k. I think quality control is lacking these days, but maybe those bikes were just flukes.

Last edited by The Habernatho; 08-02-2019 at 11:29 PM.
The Habernatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-03-2019, 12:03 AM   #11
razorback91

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Ď19 Triumph Street Triple 765RS
2001 CR 250R

Got my Street Triple 765RS from Josh at PW. New ownership. Good experience overall. Service is pricey there. Thatíd be my only complaint. If you want that Triumph itís a no brainer imo.
razorback91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #12
Cascade67

Bike(s):

Thanks to all, much appreciated. Google reviews of Polaris West, under new ownership have been almost all been extremely positive. At my age, I want to ride and not spend time fixing bikes, plus I am just not that mechanically inclined. With Guzzi returning to Houston my strategy may shift, or not.
Liked this post:

Advertisement