MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
blueninja

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
05 z750s

Motorcycle Unlimited and Awesome Cycle

Motorcycle Unlimited
Wanna thank Patrick and crew for swapping my motor in my 05 z750s. They do great work!

Awesome Cycle

Debbie is a great instructor. Had fun taking the MSF Basic Course with a good group of guys.

All in all Great experience with both companies. Y'all keep doing what you do.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome people @ Motorcycles Unlimited nameca2 Motorcycles Unlimited 3 09-18-2013 09:43 AM
Awesome Cycle Time NgaWhat General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-21-2010 09:18 PM
Awesome cycle this thursday 10/8 limp ninja New Riders and MSF Course Info 11 10-23-2009 11:59 PM
Motrcycles-Unlimited You guys are awesome! crzy88 Motorcycles Unlimited 1 08-28-2009 04:24 PM
Awesome Cycle Classes bikes~r~hot General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 12-18-2008 09:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650
cb300
fz1
vstrom
vfr800

Member Garage

I've been a fan of Motorcycles Unlimited for over a decade. i might not bring them a whole lot of business, but they are the guys i go to when i cant do it myself. Patrick is a good dude.

Awesome cycles was where i took my BRC and i had a great time. i can only imagine that their quality of instruction has gone up over the years. I still want to pick up a TW200 after blasting around on theirs.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
GAU-8
Socially inept, yet fun!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1992 seca II, 1998 Seca II, 06 Ninja 250

Just curious, how long ago on the TW200? several years ago, or recently (2019)?
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:13 PM   #4
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
sv650
cb300
fz1
vstrom
vfr800

Member Garage

lol it was prob 10 years or so
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:13 PM   #5
Cascade67

Bike(s):
MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Moto Guzzi V7 III Special

With my Houston Italian bike dealer going poof last January, I hope to get maintenance on my MV Agusta from Motorcycles Unlimited....need to visit, perhaps start with suspension tweak?
Cascade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
Kenneth
Elizabeth Rocks!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'19 Tuono Factory
'18 Tuono RR (sold)
'15 Street Triple R (sold)
'15 FZ6R (terrible bike) (sold)
'90 Katana 750 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade67 View Post
With my Houston Italian bike dealer going poof last January, I hope to get maintenance on my MV Agusta from Motorcycles Unlimited....need to visit, perhaps start with suspension tweak?
It did disappear pretty fast. You would think he wouldíve reached out to his customers directly, just to make sure we didnít need any last minute maintenance or support. Of course I never got a call or notification until a friend told me. The mechanic it already left by then . Losing your dream business can be crushing, and itís definitely sad. But itís not a bag of chips that youíre buying, and customers buying exotics, with limited support networks, are relying on the dealership and itís owner. Itís sad that the name of the game is I got to get mine. And no, I wouldnít have bought the bike if I didnít believe the dealership wouldnít be around to support it. Guess he was fearful he might not make that last sale if word got out. Thatís understandable. Itís still sleazy.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #7
Kenneth
Elizabeth Rocks!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'19 Tuono Factory
'18 Tuono RR (sold)
'15 Street Triple R (sold)
'15 FZ6R (terrible bike) (sold)
'90 Katana 750 (sold)

Now here a quote from another forum:
“Thanks for some helpful and encouraging comments. ***** the owner did leave an email and phone contact, and he responded to my questions. He does still have diagnosis equipment. He said he hopes to reopen MV franchise in Houston, in the future. Fact is, the motorcycle market is... (bad).... We will see what happens.”

So maybe he just didn’t like me personally enough to reach out. Took my money easily enough though.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #8
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Now here a quote from another forum:
ďThanks for some helpful and encouraging comments. ***** the owner did leave an email and phone contact, and he responded to my questions. He does still have diagnosis equipment. He said he hopes to reopen MV franchise in Houston, in the future. Fact is, the motorcycle market is... (bad).... We will see what happens.Ē

So maybe he just didnít like me personally enough to reach out. Took my money easily enough though.
FWIW we work on most brands of Italians motorcycles: Aprilia, Ducati, MV Augusta and Moto Guzzi.

We have been in business 18 years and aren't planning on going anywhere.
If you need anything please give us a call.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-19-2019, 10:12 PM   #9
Cascade67

Bike(s):
MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR
Moto Guzzi V7 III Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
FWIW we work on most brands of Italians motorcycles: Aprilia, Ducati, MV Augusta and Moto Guzzi.

We have been in business 18 years and aren't planning on going anywhere.
If you need anything please give us a call.
Patrick,

I cannot express how much your words mean to me. I bought both a new Moto Guzzi and MV Agusta from Italian Superbikes. Overall I had a professional experience with Superbikes, but their abrupt closure was extremely disappointing.

The Guzzi I am not so much worried about as Mike Haven at MPH still can service Guzzi, and he is extremely experienced. My MV Agusta Dragster, however: a true exotic. Frankly I have considered selling it and taking a huge loss. I spent $20K on the bike, and it is a fantastic machine. So far, knock on wood: only problem has been a rear blinker and I had a tail tidy with LED lights installed as a fix. The bike will need maintenance eventually. If it has a major problem, I have over 2 years left on warranty: but is that warranty worthless? MV drastically improved their bike quality with Euro 4, and fortunately my Dragster RR is Euro 4.

When the weather cools I plan on riding the MV in to meet you, and have you tweak the suspension for me. I do hope you can do routine maintenance. We will find out probably spring when the bike will need oil/filter, brake check, brake fluid, possibly air filter, etc. I hope we can get parts. I do have a full service document, and there is a very helpful MV forum. Nearest actual MV dealer is in Dallas: Monkey Moto.

And, I am not the only Guzzi or MV or Aprilia owner in Houston. So: in my opinion, Motorcycles Unlimited is critical to owners of these bikes.

Veloce!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sophia_Bettiina.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	104118  
Cascade67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement