MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #101
Paul1098

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJa View Post
But they do actually report news. Often. Hourly actually. Maybe not the news you like or Trump likes. But it is news. Fox also reports news. And they're a front like no other.

By your logic churches don't do community service, because they're a front for christianity

Wait a sec, are you into Alex Jones and stuff?

Troll alert....Join date: Oct 18, Posts: 5(all political?) and completely off the charts liberal spouting the party line.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nsa shirt pester Off Topic 0 11-04-2013 06:16 PM
I need a MH Shirt Soon, somebody Help !!! skelator Off Topic 44 03-18-2013 03:41 PM
New T shirt? Badchev Off Topic 0 07-22-2009 03:37 PM
Looking for XL MH T-shirt Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-11-2007 05:35 PM
MY SHIRT LOL Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 11 04-20-2006 08:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #102
green600
BYE

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJa View Post
But they do actually report news. Often. Hourly actually. Maybe not the news you like or Trump likes. But it is news. Fox also reports news. And they're a front like no other.

By your logic churches don't do community service, because they're a front for christianity

Wait a sec, are you into Alex Jones and stuff?
Yeah, hard hitting, unbiased, reporting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...e871a8d6b8/amp

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:54 AM   #103
JohnJa

Feedback Rating: (0)

mmmmm clear cut hypocrisy

Ooooooh I bet the GOP is coming for trump now LOL
JohnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #104
40Arpent
Cajun Proud

Bike(s):
Sears Free Spirit wit da fat slick on da back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacfiz View Post
What do you think would happen? You think Beto would try to seize everyone’s guns?
No, he wouldn't try to seize them, but by the mere fact that he wants to is enough for me to hate that piece of camel Wexican. In your previous post you asked "what else"...well, he wants open borders. For those two things alone, he can off and die.
40Arpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #105
Kacfiz
The Kac

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
No, he wouldn't try to seize them, but by the mere fact that he wants to is enough for me to hate that piece of camel Wexican. In your previous post you asked "what else"...well, he wants open borders. For those two things alone, he can off and die.
That’s a tough one. Obviously there’s a grey area between closed boarders and completely unmetered access. If this country wasn’t so decisive maybe we could possible come to some middle ground. The current situation isn’t working for sure. A wall could work but history seems to say otherwise. The EU seems to be doing fine...

The population of the globe is growing no doubt and It’s not going to slow down. Unless we have some kind of mass extinction event we are going to have to deal with it somehow.
Kacfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #106
40Arpent
Cajun Proud

Bike(s):

Quote:
If this country wasn’t so decisive...
Huge difference between that word and the one I think you meant to use.
Liked this post:
Old 11-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #107
Stevieboy

Bike(s):
2003 Derbi GPR 1997 FZR600-Thanks Nick 2015 RC390 2007 R6s 2000 RS50 2009RS125
Three FZR400 all sold
2000 R1 sold
2005 R6 sold
1995 ZX-7 sold

And I don't think the EU is "doing fine".
Stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #108
Kacfiz
The Kac

Bike(s):

Yea I meant devicive
Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #109
40Arpent
Cajun Proud

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yea I meant devicive
Well, it's actually divisive.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #110
Paul1098

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Quote:
The EU seems to be doing fine...
Uh....not so much. Ask anyone from the UK or Germany how they like it.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #111
Kacfiz
The Kac

Bike(s):

Nobody likes change, especially if it’s in response to a problem.

“200 years ago there were less than one billion humans living on earth. Today, according to UN calculations there are over 7 billion of us. Recent estimates suggest that today's population size is roughly equivalent to 6.9% of the total number of people ever born.”

Those numbers are insane. I’m not saying let everyone in but building a wall and saying “not in my backyard” seems wrong.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #112
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Quote:
Nobody likes change, especially if it’s in response to a problem.

“200 years ago there were less than one billion humans living on earth. Today, according to UN calculations there are over 7 billion of us. Recent estimates suggest that today's population size is roughly equivalent to 6.9% of the total number of people ever born.”

Those numbers are insane. I’m not saying let everyone in but building a wall and saying “not in my backyard” seems wrong.
That's why we have a legal process for allowing them in. The wall is to keep the illegals out. You know mostly the ones bringing in drugs, trafficking, and killers.. the wall is a great idea.. weve had a wall this whole time it's just been called a border. Nothing will be different other than making it easier to know who comes into our country. Wall or no wall illegal is illegal.
upononer6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #113
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

I used to think the wall was a stupid idea until I sat down with an open mind and discussed it with friends. Once I actually thought of the positive impact of the wall I really like the idea. It is unfair to some and I know that. But it is also unfair to the innocent people losing their life or losing their job.. Democrats are for open borders because that's where all their votes come from.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #114
Kacfiz
The Kac

Bike(s):

“Wall or no wall illegal is illegal.”

With the change of a law illegal can become legal and vise versa. Hence the debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
Democrats are for open borders because that's where all their votes come from.
Rhetoric ^

I have an open mind that’s why I’m not saying one side is right or wrong.

I used to listen to 740 and 950 AM talk radio too, Michael B was my favorite. The older I get the more it sounds like bullshit.
Kacfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #115
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

My point was that they obviously dont care what our law is, instead of changing our laws to cater to them. We change our borders to fight them.
Liked this post:
Old 11-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #116
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
I used to think the wall was a stupid idea until I sat down with an open mind and discussed it with friends. Once I actually thought of the positive impact of the wall I really like the idea...
Where we actually need a wall we've had walls for many many years. And even in those walled border areas the drugs and other contraband continue. Mexico won't pay for the wall but the cartels will pay for the tunnels to go under them. How would miles and miles of wall out in BFE TX, NM, AZ or CA help? Nothing significant passes over in those places to warrant it. It's mostly barren and open desert. The borders are strong enough already. What is not strong enough are the laws to return illegals immediately when caught crossing illegally and asylum process needs to be greatly expedited so those applying are dealt with before release into the general population and never to be seen again. Spend the extra needed border security money wisely on smart technology not on a stupid wall to blight our landscape.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #117
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Where we actually need a wall we've had walls for many many years. And even in those walled border areas the drugs and other contraband continue. Mexico won't pay for the wall but the cartels will pay for the tunnels to go under them. How would miles and miles of wall out in BFE TX, NM, AZ or CA help? Nothing significant passes over in those places to warrant it. It's mostly barren and open desert. The borders are strong enough already. What is not strong enough are the laws to return illegals immediately when caught crossing illegally and asylum process needs to be greatly expedited so those applying are dealt with before release into the general population and never to be seen again. Spend the extra needed border security money wisely on smart technology not on a stupid wall to blight our landscape.
I agree with most of that except two things...
1) "Nothing significant crosses over in those places. It's mostly barren and open desert".
There are thousands of illegals that cross in the desert every month and that's been going on for decades. back in the early 90"s, TIME magazine had an article about an Indian reservation in southeastern Arizona that was stopping 1500 people a month, crossing their territory. I don't know what the numbers are now but it's not good.
If a nation doesn't have control of it's borders, how do you define it as a nation?

2) "The borders are strong enough already".
If we stop them before they cross we don't have to deport them. We don't have to take care of the babies they have in our hospitals and they don't circumvent our laws by having children that are automatically citizens.

I'm not sure a wall is the answer, maybe in some places. I think whatever the solution is, it won't be cheap, but I also think that it needs to be done. Otherwise, we need to change our name to the United States of north America and just annex central America and all it's problems.

Last thought...
Would it seem reasonable to suggest that Egypt should open it's borders and just let a never ending flood of sub-Saharan Africans, mostly uneducated, extremely poor refugees from violence, flood into their country? There are similarities to the situation.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #118
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
1) There are thousands of illegals that cross in the desert every month and that's been going on for decades. back in the early 90"s, TIME magazine had an article about an Indian reservation in southeastern Arizona that was stopping 1500 people a month, crossing their territory. I don't know what the numbers are now but it's not good.

2)...If we stop them before they cross we don't have to deport them. ..
1) We are light years ahead on border security than we were in the 90's. That number is not relevant. 911 brought us a wave of tightened security and it has steadily progressed since then. I travel both sides of the southern border extensively, almost monthly (all the states also, not just TX). Have been for two years now. CBP is out everywhere in crazy numbers with all kind of enhanced technology and toys.

2) A wall will not stop them. Only a law returning them immediately will. No more filtering into the population unchecked on the honor system.

I forget which liberal candidate stated this but I agree 100%. " A wall would be a 19th century solution to a 21st century problem".

The USA is a smarter country than that. Let's get smart with money spent on border security and also get laws changed to assist.
_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #119
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

So what is the solution?
Hundreds of dudes standing around in the checkpoints? Since the barren empty desert is not a significantly used option, we could just really beef up the checkpoints and get a handle on things, right?

I suppose we could use satellites, drones and tethered blimps to monitor the border but monitoring people isn't stopping them. I guess we could back up the tech with troops to go arrest what the monitors see and with the changes to the law you propose we could immediately transport them back and point south and say, "Vamanos".

I've been arguing for years that those are things we should do, among others, but I've come to the conclusion that it's too expensive and it makes too much sense. Therefore, it will never happen.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #120
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Forget detention centers and 50 lawyers brainstorming for solutions. I think corporal punishment like I used to have in elementary school would work. Catch them, line them all up with their pants around their ankles and give em 10 licks each. Then send them back. A paddle costs $2.99. Up it by 10 licks each time they cross. No one can take 40 good licks and still consider crossing again.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement