MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
justmyluck

Feedback Rating: (0)

Service on an 04 BMW 1150GS

Hey guys, Trying to find a place to service my 1150gs (oil, valves, final drive). Motorcycles Unlimited seems to be everyone's go to shop, but they said they don't do BMW's. I am in Midtown, so not really looking to drive to Katy.

Please tell me I am not stuck with heading to the dealership?
justmyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Postal Service promises better delivery service after Houston area complaints NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-27-2018 10:30 AM
Service held at Houston National Cemetery to honor service members NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-26-2014 02:10 PM
War veteran & service dog refused service at Houston-area restaurant NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 02-19-2014 11:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
BD#270

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
KTM 65 Motard
TTR BBR 153

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
You might try Tommy at the Houston Motorcycle Exchange. The drive to Katy for BMW service is probably worth it. They have one of, if not the best BMW tech in Houston. I worked there for many years so I'm not just saying that, I've seen him action. It won't be cheap though! Best of luck.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
justmyluck

I talked to Houston Motorcycle Exchange today as well, they told me to reach back out after the holiday to see if their tech would take a look. Just to be clear, you are talking about Wild West in Katy, right? Are we talking $500+?.
justmyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
BD#270

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
KTM 65 Motard
TTR BBR 153

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
Yes, Wild West is the BMW dealer on the West side. That is the sister store to Cycle Shack North in Conroe I worked there for a long time. As I mentioned before, their BMW tech is a senior employee and does excellent work, but it will be expensive. Probably more than $500 depending on the mileage and what service needs to be done. Best of luck.
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote