MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Felony conviction for texting driver who killed motorcyclist

Quote:
A text message could land a Goshen woman to prison.

This week, a jury convicted Ana Gomez, 24, of one felony count of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and one infraction count of driving while using an electronic communications device.

Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 14, where prosecutors will argue for the maximum sentence of six years in prison.
https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/st...on/2304862002/
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist tells a driver at a light to stop texting, driver responds by knocking h Coolhandsluke General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 06-06-2015 04:45 PM
Driver who killed motorcyclist escapes jail NewsBot Racing News 0 10-24-2013 04:00 AM
Driver who killed motorcyclist escapes jailed NewsBot Racing News 0 10-24-2013 03:21 AM
No review of 20-month jail sentence for driver who killed motorcyclist NewsBot Racing News 0 09-17-2013 08:10 AM
"Driver who killed motorcyclist was painting nails" The_Punisher General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 05-09-2009 10:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
cbrfxr67
needs more projects

Bike(s):
Grom Clone
gs500/929rr thing,...
zzr600

I keep thinking that's how I want to go. Just >bam< and gone. The older I get the more people I'm seeing dying slowly as their body falls apart, disease, cancer and after seeing my dad waste away I'm thinking tboned by Freightliner at 65 doesn't sound too bad. Well hopefully not dragged down the road under a hot engine but yea,...
cbrfxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #3
tbssowner

Experience: 3 years

Minutes up to the crash.... thats a very big window.

Can u imagine how long even a single minute would seem if we are talking laptimes between 2 bikes? To me that seems like you need a confesion to make that charge stick. To be able to determine when letters are typed and when packets are actually encapsulated and transmitted are not exacty in perfect sequence.
tbssowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #4
HaywoodJablomi
Teh Angry Asian

Bike(s):
2006 zx10r The main bike
2013 zx14r The beast mode bike
2007 zx6r The under construction bike

I'm all for her getting the max. This texting and driving is getting out of hand and they def arent enforcing it. I pretty much stopped using my bikes as daily's cause cars on 45 are trying to turn me into a pinball. I now have spinal injuries from a girl last year who was texting and slammed into the back of my car going almost 60mph. She never even saw the row of cars dead stopped. And cause of her I had 7 herniated discs....already had 3 replaced in my neck and am getting the other 4 in my lower back replaced in the next few months here. I'll have pain in my neck and back for life cause she was discussing where to meet for breakfast w her bestie.
HaywoodJablomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement