MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2004 zx10r widow maker

why not talk about terrorist in general and not muslim terrorist

seems the muslim terrorist steal the spot light

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muslim terrorist kills 4 marines in TN urbanXJ The Circus 19 07-26-2015 10:51 AM
so let's talk about the thwarted terrorist attack Swift E Off Topic 49 08-11-2006 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
tkblank
That's totally mexico!

Bike(s):
'03 SV650s (copper)

Muslim Terrorists, Imma let you finish, but the patriots of the Boston Tea Party had the best terrorist attack of all time.
Ezekiel 16:49
tkblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
seems the muslim terrorist steal the spot light

Never Forget.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

you've never talked to bill have you? only muslims can be terrorists, ask him.

(just joking, but anyone who keeps up with the posts around here will understand )

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblank View Post
Muslim Terrorists, Imma let you finish, but the patriots of the Boston Tea Party had the best terrorist attack of all time.
they had cool costumes and everything! Besides ... we tried talking about the ones Obama hung out with, but we were told that was racist ...
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 AM   #6
tkblank
That's totally mexico!

Bike(s):
'03 SV650s (copper)

Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #7
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Do you realize what you just started!?!?!?! As soon as Billy figures out there's evil beyond Muslims, gays and "non believers" I'm pretty sure his head will literally explode.

THANK YOU
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
Sauce

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'06 Virago 250

Cause they're the ones consistently causing us problems?
Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I may be wrong, but I think what Paniro is trying to say is why don't we just call them "terrorists" instead of "Muslim terrorists". Basically taking their religious affiliation out the context.

Of course the current administration prefers that we don't call them "terrorists" but rather "enemy combatants".
However they will grant "enemy combatants" full rights in a court of law if they are caught attacking us.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

gramper is a terrorist, but we don't add his many lunatic adjectives cuz people would walk away bored and come back to finish the sentence later. with a snack. at least when we say muslim errorist we can differentiate from catholic terrorists, or jewish terrorist, or sexy terrorist.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
gramper is a terrorist, but we don't add his many lunatic adjectives cuz people would walk away bored and come back to finish the sentence later. with a snack. at least when we say muslim errorist we can differentiate from catholic terrorists, or jewish terrorist, or sexy terrorist.
I ran into a sexy terrorist last night she blew my twin tower away.....

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #12
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
I ran into a sexy terrorist last night she blew my twin tower away.....
... in alvin????

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
Sauce

Bike(s):
'06 Virago 250

Maybe we throw the Muslim part in there because their religious beliefs are a major part of the reason they are commiting terrorist acts.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
tkblank
That's totally mexico!

Bike(s):
'03 SV650s (copper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Maybe we throw the religious part in there because religious beliefs are a major part of the reason they are commiting terrorist acts.
fixed
Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Maybe we throw the Muslim part in there because their religious beliefs are a major part of the reason they are commiting terrorist acts.
if we do it, we're revolutionists. if they do it, they're terrorists. read here;

Terrorism refers to the illegitimate use of violence or intimidation to advance a group's interests. Examples include detonating explosives in public places, taking hostages, or assassinating politicians. Central to the concept of terrorism is that its objective is primarily ideological. Terrorists typically do not employ violence to gain wealth but rather to bring attention to political causes.

Because the term terrorism hinges on a distinction between legitimate and illegitimate use of violence, controversy often accompanies its use. For example, governments routinely use force to advance their interests, but do not characterize their actions as instances of terrorism. The bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City is readily identified as a terrorist act because it was undertaken by a very small group of individuals and not an entire government. Yet much more violent attacks directed against large cities during World War II are not characterized as acts of terrorism. Within a single conflict use of the term "terrorist" in news reports can reveal the political sympathies of the broadcaster or the government that released information about the attack. For example, in the American press violent events undertaken by Palestinians are far more likely to be characterized as acts of terrorism than equally or more violent actions taken by the Israeli military. This political component became very clear in the United States during the Reagan administration, which aided the Contra rebels who were waging a campaign of violence against the Sandinista government in Nicaragua. Officials in the American government characterized the Contras as "freedom fighters" while supporters of the Sandinistas portrayed them as terrorists.

The use of violence by small groups to advance their interests is not a twenty-first-century development. The term terrorism first appeared during the French Revolution and the Jacobin Reign of Terror. Similarly, many other words associated with terrorism (i.e., thug, assassin, and zealot ) derive from groups alleged to have used violence and death to advance their political objectives.

Historically terrorism is thought to have passed through several distinct stages, from its origin among religious groups fighting to defend or advance their organization's beliefs, to secular groups, whose objectives were clearly political. Traced by some historians to the French Revolution, this process of the secularization of terrorism continued throughout the twentieth century. Modern technology's ability to expand the audience for violent actions is thought by some analysts to have fueled terrorism's appeal, making nations with a free press particularly susceptible to the quest for media coverage. Twentieth- and twenty-first-century accounts of terrorism argue that it may have moved into a new period, as new technology allows small groups of individuals the ability to wield tremendous destructive power, and permits even faster coverage of that destruction to a wide audience, as evidenced by the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. Experts warn that such attacks are not limited to religiously motivated groups but can also include assaults stemming from personal grudges or psychopathological conditions. In contrast to individual acts of violence, the use of terrorism by small political organizations is thought to serve several functions: (1) It makes the group committing the terrorist act appear large and powerful, thus intimidating outsiders and boosting morale of the terrorist group's members; (2) it reveals the vulnerability of the target, whose apparent strength is thereby placed in doubt and whose authority may become undermined; (3) it can eliminate opposition; (4) it may start a chain reaction of assaults undertaken by sympathetic political groups; and (5) it cements the terrorists to the organization because individuals who commit acts of terror cannot leave the organization very easily.

The impact of media coverage of terrorist acts is mixed. On the one hand, most Americans greatly overestimate the threat of terrorism, probably due to media coverage of the subject. In fact, the chances of being killed in an automobile accident are more than one hundred times higher than the chance of being killed by a terrorist action while overseas. On the other hand, sustained terrorist attacks can produce a backlash against the perpetrator's cause, as occurred in 1999 when bombings of Moscow apartment buildings increased the hostility of Russian citizens toward Chechens, who were thought to be responsible for the blasts.

Attempts to combat terrorism include use of metal detectors and dogs at locales thought to be likely targets for attack. While these methods are effective at reducing the frequency of terrorist acts, it appears impossible to protect targets completely against determined terrorists. Ironically, methods to offset terrorism exaggerate the public's perception of threat and thus advance one of terrorism's main objectives.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
you've never talked to bill have you? only muslims can be terrorists, ask him.

(just joking, but anyone who keeps up with the posts around here will understand )
Got it. Kinda like an "inside joke", right?

Yeah, I don't pay too much attention to GB threads... but not because I hate him or anything like that (seems like a fun guy to hang out in the "real" world)... but just because I don't want to get into them.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
please educate yourself before you post any more on this topic.
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Sauce

Bike(s):
'06 Virago 250

Educate myself on what exactly?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #19
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblank View Post
But they didn't kill anybody now did they?
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #20
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Got it. Kinda like an "inside joke", right?

Yeah, I don't pay too much attention to GB threads... but not because I hate him or anything like that (seems like a fun guy to hang out in the "real" world)... but just because I don't want to get into them.
Well appreciate you not hating me ...I wonder if some people here do hate me. It is just a sily internet site.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement