MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Vilks

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13

Keep your foot on real break for a perfect 1/4 drag race

On this video Guy Martin on his BMW Tyco pull the perfect drag race against the RedBull F1. Yeah the F1 won but it was surprisingly close. He, Guy, explains he keeps his foot on the rear break up to 4th gear. I been wanting to take my S1000RR to the drag strip at least once but the beamer even with wheelie control wheelies all the time. I spoke to guy at the track that takes his beamer to the drag strip and his complain was the wheelies despite some divise his puts on his fork.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drag race app albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-01-2016 10:35 AM
WSBK - Laverty ‚??snaps‚?? foot mid-race, carries on NewsBot Racing News 0 06-22-2014 04:40 PM
now thats a drag race!! bentgixxer Off Topic 8 10-09-2011 09:17 PM
DRAG RACE GONE BAD FastLine Off Topic 6 12-28-2006 11:59 PM
Road Race / Drag Race Sections Scorpio Forum Updates & Feedback 7 02-25-2006 06:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You can also shift to bring it down
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Nikofab
Whatever, Let's Ride

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2017 Aprilia RSV4RR
2011 CBR1000RR: Sold
2007 Yamaha R1: Under Investigation
2003 CBR 600 F4i: Sold

Awesome video thanks for sharing. Big Guy Martin fan here.
Nikofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 AM   #4
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I often use rear brake to modulate traction in mixed conditions, like accelerating out of a half wet half dry corner in the rain. I feel if I hold throttle more steady I can more precisely control spin and grip with the wooden feel and soft delay of the rear brake. I do the same thing flat tracking. Keep it pinned and control slides out of corners with touches of rear brake.

I'm also the same guy that goes against the grain and uses the rear brake on the track. To brake as well as settle the chassis in corners. After flaming of how this is contradictory to fast riding I stumbled on an article with top GP riders talking about the importance of rear brake control in MotoGP.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:18 AM   #5
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Another absolutely huge and oft overlooked safety aspect of controlling launch with rear brake is the simple fact that the habit of controlling wheelies with rear brake means you aren't gonna get surprised during that inevitable 12 o'clock accidental wheelie. Instead of stabbing wildly at a rear brake you're unfamiliar with in wheelie mode, your toe is primed and ready to bring it back down with confidence.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
ConcordEagle

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I often use rear brake to modulate traction in mixed conditions, like accelerating out of a half wet half dry corner in the rain. I feel if I hold throttle more steady I can more precisely control spin and grip with the wooden feel and soft delay of the rear brake. I do the same thing flat tracking. Keep it pinned and control slides out of corners with touches of rear brake.

I'm also the same guy that goes against the grain and uses the rear brake on the track. To brake as well as settle the chassis in corners. After flaming of how this is contradictory to fast riding I stumbled on an article with top GP riders talking about the importance of rear brake control in MotoGP.
Agree, plus most new sport bikes have linked ABS brakes anyway. So you may be using your rear brake without knowing it..
ConcordEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement