MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
classala
3-Lap Rider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR 600 F4i
Triumph Daytona 675

Bouncing back from a crash: video is up!

When riding motorcycles, everybody says it's not a matter of "if" you're going to crash, but it's a matter of "when". So when it happens, how do you come back from it? There's bike damage, physical and mental rehab, there's the fear of crashing again, there's the actual crashing again. On this meeting, we'll go over those experiences to talk about what we learn from it.

classala is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bouncing back from a crash involving injuries and bike damage classala Taking it to the Track 21 08-22-2019 03:58 PM
VIDEO: Dodgers fan jumps in Astros bullpen after back-to-back home runs by Altuve, Co NewsBot Sports 0 10-26-2017 02:21 PM
Crash after crash, AAA video shows dangers of distracted driving NewsBot Health 0 03-25-2015 02:10 PM
bouncing ... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-17-2012 07:24 AM
Bouncing it off the limiter at PP1, red lights and in traffic? cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 03-12-2009 03:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2019, 12:57 AM   #2
CraigRR
Ex CMRA 93

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS sold
2011 EX250NinjaR sold
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad) bought back
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP sold
2007 CBR600RR

Why race? It’s fun in the beginning. Unless you are good enough to go pro, there is no point. You are going to spend at least $1K on an ultra light weight bike every race weekend. Also people have cheater bikes that you can’t compete with unless you are full of $$$$$$$. One of the reasons I stopped racing. It’s just a contest. Thank I wasn’t injured during my 4 years. I sold my race bikes and went back to street riding on the backroads. I enjoy riding with friends there as much as the track. Just my 2 cents in my experience.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

I think I just found my old F4i
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

If you don’t mind please post few pics of your F4i, it’s clean and shiny enough to be the one I think it is! Did you by chance buy it from a nice guy by the name of Assan with very low mileage a year or two ago? If so , you sir might just own the cleanest and most well maintained F4i on the entire planet!
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #5
classala
3-Lap Rider

Bike(s):
CBR 600 F4i
Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloman View Post
If you donít mind please post few pics of your F4i, itís clean and shiny enough to be the one I think it is! Did you by chance buy it from a nice guy by the name of Assan with very low mileage a year or two ago? If so , you sir might just own the cleanest and most well maintained F4i on the entire planet!

I'll DM you.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #6
classala
3-Lap Rider

Bike(s):
CBR 600 F4i
Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Why race? Itís fun in the beginning. Unless you are good enough to go pro, there is no point. You are going to spend at least $1K on an ultra light weight bike every race weekend. Also people have cheater bikes that you canít compete with unless you are full of $$$$$$$. One of the reasons I stopped racing. Itís just a contest. Thank I wasnít injured during my 4 years. I sold my race bikes and went back to street riding on the backroads. I enjoy riding with friends there as much as the track. Just my 2 cents in my experience.
Thanks for sharing.

People have their own reasons to race. I can only speak for myself: I have my own reasons, and they're not related to competition at all. I've ridden bikes for almost 30 years now, the last 3 years being mostly at the track. For the 1st time ever I got hurt riding a bike. While it happened at a race, it wasn't even a "race incident"; I went down on the outlap (yeah, "how stupid is that?", some might think), nobody took me out, and I didn't take anybody out.

Because different people have different reasons to ride a bike at the track, I chose to share my experiences so that others may use that information to make their own decisions.
Liked this post:
Old 09-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #7
CraigRR
Ex CMRA 93

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS sold
2011 EX250NinjaR sold
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad) bought back
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP sold
2007 CBR600RR

I’ve been riding since 1989. I got my motorcycle license before I was able to get my car license. I’m sorry that you got hurt, but follow your passion and what makes you happy. Racing in the expert class just became a job to me and it stopped being fun. I raced from 2014 until 2018. I’ve crashed on an out lap also. It sucks, but you have to jump back on the horse. Best of luck to you. Take care. Go fast & don't crash!
Old 09-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
classala
3-Lap Rider

Bike(s):
CBR 600 F4i
Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Iíve been riding since 1989. I got my motorcycle license before I was able to get my car license. Iím sorry that you got hurt, but follow your passion and what makes you happy. Racing in the expert class just became a job to me and it stopped being fun. I raced from 2014 until 2018. Iíve crashed on an out lap also. It sucks, but you have to jump back on the horse. Best of luck to you. Take care. Go fast & don't crash!
Thanks, man. I started riding motorcycles around that time, too. Having safe fun is what I'm all about.

Advertisement