MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #61
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post

Seriously. My father-in-law retired a couple years ago and he appears to have aged 10-15 years in that time span, but he doesn't seem to do a whole lot besides watch TV. He also seems to be having a lot harder time with depression now, and I suspect it's partially because he's not doing much to keep himself busy.
He won't live long like that. People aren't designed to just sit around. We are like ships on the ocean.
As long as we have wind in the sails and a hand on the rudder we are at our best. When the wind goes calm and the sails get slack, the hand slips off the rudder and we drift without purpose.
Pretty soon the crew has scurvy, mutinies and puts our brain adrift in a row boat. Then we wash ashore on a deserted beach and are discovered by a tribe of half naked women collecting seashells and...

What was I talking about?

I better get back to work before my sails go slack.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPD officers retiring over new... NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 12-06-2016 12:10 AM
My plan is to crowd source a plan Thayleal General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-05-2015 04:11 PM
Retiring for a while dinosaur Motorcycles For Sale 29 04-11-2014 02:18 PM
I am Retiring luinstra Stunters Lounge 17 02-20-2009 07:13 PM
RETIRING PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-08-2005 11:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #62
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
this is the plan but you might need a few more houses than 2-3 unless you own them free and clear and they are on the expensive side.

i plan to retire between 50-55 and travel with the Mrs. by then both kids will be graduated and i will hopefully have enough rentals.

i started investing this year (im 32) and so far sold about 3 flips a few wholesales and that has led me to have enough capital to rehab and rent 2 properties with the 3rd being rehabbed now.

cheaper houses all around 100k and while the rent pays down the mortgage i still pull in about 300-400 per property per month after discounting for everything, not bad in my eyes.
Sounds like your doing great
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #63
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
He won't live long like that. People aren't designed to just sit around. We are like ships on the ocean.
As long as we have wind in the sails and a hand on the rudder we are at our best. When the wind goes calm and the sails get slack, the hand slips off the rudder and we drift without purpose.
Pretty soon the crew has scurvy, mutinies and puts our brain adrift in a row boat. Then we wash ashore on a deserted beach and are discovered by a tribe of half naked women collecting seashells and...

k.
I don't know but it was starting to get interesting except for the scurvy part. Were they big good looking like on the wonder woman island?
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #64
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post

I better get back to work before my sails go slack.
Give me a few million dollars and i wouldn't mind drifting without purpose for a little while
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement