MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
Cello

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2019 Kaw Ninja 400

Northeast riders

Anyone on the NE side of Houston? I'm looking at the group rides out there in cow country all jealous-like. It's a 150 minute ride over there for me :(

I'd love to find some of us who are scattered this way. I'm pretty far out, east of Livingston. Anyone up here feel like group rides in the next few weeks? (maaaaaybe waiting until this quarantine stuff quiets down?)
Cello is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 09:44 PM
11/17 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders – Wings Pizza N Things Flip Events, Meets and Rides 136 11-18-2009 02:30 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 08:20 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 04:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
FalconMain

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 Suzuki SV650S

I'm not in the area, but I'd be willing to head out that way for a ride. The roads around Livingston look sweet. Been meaning to check out the Sam Houston Forest roads as well.
FalconMain is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
TaiMc

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
Anyone on the NE side of Houston? I'm looking at the group rides out there in cow country all jealous-like. It's a 150 minute ride over there for me :(

I'd love to find some of us who are scattered this way. I'm pretty far out, east of Livingston. Anyone up here feel like group rides in the next few weeks? (maaaaaybe waiting until this quarantine stuff quiets down?)
I'm on the northeast side of Houston...I've been talking to a friend about possibly riding out to Lufkin, Texas. We haven't set a date yet, but I might have some time to do it...as I won't be able to go back to work until at least April 30th. Lemme know what you got planned and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Livingston is a niceee ride...I have folks in Nacogdoches, so I know that area well.
Mods: Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series:Carbon fiber Slip-on (Album), ZeroGravity Racing Corsa "Light Smoke" screen (Album), LED Glow lighting kit (green-16 strips, Album), Puig sport foot pegs:Green (Album), TechSpec USA tank grips (Album), Modified "trunk space" (Album); Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit (DIY Thread)/Album)
TaiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
Cello

Bike(s):
2019 Kaw Ninja 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconMain View Post
I'm not in the area, but I'd be willing to head out that way for a ride. The roads around Livingston look sweet. Been meaning to check out the Sam Houston Forest roads as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMc View Post
I'm on the northeast side of Houston...I've been talking to a friend about possibly riding out to Lufkin, Texas. We haven't set a date yet, but I might have some time to do it...as I won't be able to go back to work until at least April 30th. Lemme know what you got planned and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Livingston is a niceee ride...I have folks in Nacogdoches, so I know that area well.
I drive the roads out here for work, and there are plenty that are fun, for sure. Depending on schedules/destinations, I've got a 'loop' that rides in under an hour and a half. Anything up by Lufkin is out of my knowledge base, so I'd just be guessing at fun roads based on a map.

If everything is sort of calming, the 17-19 days of April may look good.
Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 01:44 AM   #5
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
...I've got a 'loop' that rides in under an hour and a half...If everything is sort of calming, the 17-19 days of April may look good.
Oo sounds legit. Where's the loop (which roads)? And I'll take a look at my schedule as well for the 17-19th. I'll also see if my friend is up for it...he lives in Bellaire, so it might be longer ride for him lol.
Mods: Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series:Carbon fiber Slip-on (Album), ZeroGravity Racing Corsa "Light Smoke" screen (Album), LED Glow lighting kit (green-16 strips, Album), Puig sport foot pegs:Green (Album), TechSpec USA tank grips (Album), Modified "trunk space" (Album); Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit (DIY Thread)/Album)
Old 04-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
Cello

Bike(s):
2019 Kaw Ninja 400

The big roads are 1745, 256, 1746, and 1013. Start with the north path, and then at its end either hook south for a few miles on the main highway to get back to the twistie roads.

Keep in mind if you're looking at route out here, unless it's a state (FM, RR, etc.) or US highway, it's likely unpaved dirt road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.png
Views:	20
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	105600   Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.png
Views:	19
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	105601  
Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
The Morganator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Might i suggest that everyone move to the west side...lol
Old 04-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morganator View Post
Might i suggest that everyone move to the west side...lol
LOL! No! It's too far rofl!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #9
TaiMc

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
The big roads are 1745, 256, 1746, and 1013. Start with the north path, and then at its end either hook south for a few miles on the main highway to get back to the twistie roads.

Keep in mind if you're looking at route out here, unless it's a state (FM, RR, etc.) or US highway, it's likely unpaved dirt road.
Thanks I'll take a look.

Advertisement