MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
timwu12

Feedback Rating: (0)

Interested in joining a MSR Houston group buy?

Me and some buddies on a car forum are looking to join MSR Houston's membership and with the 3 people we currently have, we've gotten the initiation fee down from $5k to $3k + $250/month.

If we get more people, the price comes down so let me know if any of you are interested in joining with us and we can all save some money.

Looking to close this out in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
timwu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
James Harden joining ownership group of Dynamo and Dash NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-18-2019 12:10 PM
Adrian Peterson still seems interested in joining Texans NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-31-2018 09:30 AM
Anyone interested in doing a Group Purchase? sunday_rider Motorcycle Gear 4 08-18-2010 12:05 PM
Would anyone be interested in another Swift Group Ride? Swift E Events, Meets and Rides 161 04-01-2007 02:07 PM
LSTD A group spot open(Sept. 30th)... anyone interested? FireMalt Taking it to the Track 5 09-28-2005 08:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
testiesalmon

Pretty sure I remember someone here negotiating a $1500 sign up as a group by? Who's doing your negotiating?
testiesalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:48 PM   #3
testiesalmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by testiesalmon View Post
Pretty sure I remember someone here negotiating a $1500 sign up as a group by? Who's doing your negotiating?
Unless Im misunderstanding and thats the total for the three of you? sign up and monthly?
testiesalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #4
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Interested.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
timwu12

Hi all,

So me and 2 other guys signed up this past Friday and got the rate down to $2500 initial, $275 monthly.

It's my understanding that the $1500 initial was when there was a group buy of 10 guys so they got one of a deal. We only had 3 at the time so $2500 was the best we could do. If you guys are interested, I've spoken to MSR and they said they'd extend the deal to anyone interested in joining at the above rate but I don't know how long they'd hold it for.
Liked this post:
Old 02-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #6
dillinger

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2019 Ninja 400

So membership just gives you the ability to show up and ride, right? Looking at their calendar most of the days that I would go out are RED (booked) on the weekends: https://msrhouston.com/calendar/

Are you guys getting out during the week mainly? I'd love to start doing track days but the RideSmart course on Sunday interferes with my Monster Truck plans
dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:52 PM   #7
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
Hi all,

So me and 2 other guys signed up this past Friday and got the rate down to $2500 initial, $275 monthly.

It's my understanding that the $1500 initial was when there was a group buy of 10 guys so they got one of a deal. We only had 3 at the time so $2500 was the best we could do. If you guys are interested, I've spoken to MSR and they said they'd extend the deal to anyone interested in joining at the above rate but I don't know how long they'd hold it for.
Thanks for letting us know about your deal. Is Kurt the person to contact at MSRH? What car do you plan to track?
Old 02-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
timwu12

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
Thanks for letting us know about your deal. Is Kurt the person to contact at MSRH? What car do you plan to track?
Yup, Kurt is still the person to get in touch with. Let him know it was me (Tim Wu) and heíll be able to get you signed up.

For now Iím only going to be taking my 1098R but once the carís off the stands, Iíll be taking my Ferrari 360
Old 02-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
RC45

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes

Didn't know they would allow "group buys" like this.

Maybe I can sell half my membership lol

Advertisement