MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic > The Circus
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #61
pbfoot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

What the ? Gay marriage and Jesus and, car chase? Get out and ride your motorcycles and quit with the feeble, yes feeble, attempts at reconciling bible beating with reality. Judge not, lest you be judged. I judge you as idiots. Smh.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police looking for second person involved in high-speed police chase NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-20-2015 11:20 PM
Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 07-22-2014 08:17 AM
Police: Gas station robbers crash car in police chase NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 06-09-2014 06:40 PM
Police searching for driver after police chase in west Houston NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-06-2013 06:10 PM
terminated? train460 Off Topic 12 01-12-2006 03:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #62
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Well said He sent His Son to die for us because of his love for us.
I guess forgot to tell Jews and Muslims that bit of news.
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:25 AM   #63
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
LOL no kidding I can't even remember what this thread was about...oh yea bevo posting some boring azz car chase video.
A story was posted with the video. Reading is Fundamental
Old 04-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #64
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I guess forgot to tell Jews and Muslims that bit of news.
not so. Jesus and all of his followers were Jews...and Jewish prophecy told them he as coming...there is a big difference between not telling someone something and them listening to it...there are multiple examples of that in the posts here on this forum
Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #65
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Dang! Obed already won the internet today!

The rest of you can go home until tomorrow
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:20 AM   #66
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
not so. Jesus and all of his followers were Jews...and Jewish prophecy told them he as coming...there is a big difference between not telling someone something and them listening to it...there are multiple examples of that in the posts here on this forum
Prophecy is a prediction. So who was doing the predicting? Was the prediction that Jesus was coming, or that the son of would come?
Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 AM   #67
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Prophecy is a prediction. So who was doing the predicting? Was the prediction that Jesus was coming, or that the son of would come?
Thanks for proving the point I made in my previous post.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #68
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Thanks for proving the point I made in my previous post.
You're welcome
Quote:
Both Jews and Muslims agree that the One is sufficient to provide suitable religious guidance to each and every people on earth without help from anyone else; including a son.

The Qur'an also states:

“It is not suitable for Allah, Glory be to Him, that He should take unto Himself a son. When He decrees a thing, He only says to it: Be! and it is.” (Qur'an 19:35)

When Allah created Adam, Adam did not become the 'Son of '.

says:

“Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then he said to him: Be! and he is.” (3:59)

No one thinks Adam is the Son of '.

It is true that Jesus often did refer metaphorically to as his father. He did this in accord with the metaphorical style of the Torah. He never expected that any Jew who heard him speak about as his father would take his words literally.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/Motorcycles Unlimited...son-of-.htm
Old 04-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #69
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
What about when dad drink's and beat's the out of Mom. Or Dad's too gone on his vicoden to give a . Or mama is chasing a ghost around the house with gun's laying all over the place not secured?
Are you referring to me? I have never beat my wife or addicted to vicoden.(I have script for vicoden because of my lower back disc being out of whack but only take them when i am in bad pain or maybe to watch a funny movie or if I get another kidney stone(have had 5 in my life and will never be without pain pills again) or maybe if I crash or have some other painful accident. The ghost stuff not going to address but we have seen some weird things(even my kids). Whats wrong with having guns around the house? They are in my house so they are secured are they not...they are INSIDE my house.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #70
green600
M.M.H.G.A.

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Are you referring to me? I have never beat my wife or addicted to vicoden.(I have script for vicoden because of my lower back disc being out of whack but only take them when i am in bad pain or maybe to watch a funny movie or if I get another kidney stone(have had 5 in my life and will never be without pain pills again) or maybe if I crash or have some other painful accident. The ghost stuff not going to address but we have seen some weird things(even my kids). Whats wrong with having guns around the house? They are in my house so they are secured are they not...they are INSIDE my house.
Sound's like a perfectly normal household. All that's missing is a horse mural.

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #71
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Paul had a lot to say about scholars who their pupils to demonstrate that they had power over them. The idea of a loving, committed, monagamous same- relationship was as foreign to Paul as communicating long distance with our thumbs.
What are you talking about repth>
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #72
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
And I feel sorry for you.

It's funny because in most cases they probably have a more healthy home than a lot of heterosexual couples. I'm glad to see gay couple's with kids personally. There are lot's of good, smart, and educated gay's and it's good to see them bringing good people into this world.
They are not bringing anything...remember they just got some straight people's kids.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #73
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
This contradicts the idea of free will, doesn't it? Which means everything that happens is 's will. Including for example homosexuality. I don't see how we can have it both ways. What am I missing?
No 's will will be done in the grand scheme of things. People do have free will and when they follow that will instead of 's there is consequences. Sin came into the world and that is why there is everythign wrong in the world. Theft, adultery, perversion, greed, sloth etc. But in the end 's will will be done.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #74
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
I'm sure that's exactly what Mrs. Bill looks like.
No doesn't look like her she is blonde and petite and very good looking. Really considering she is 51 and people think she is in her late 30s or early 40s.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #75
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
I've got a pretty good pulse on the trans community, and if I had a nickel for every time a poor gender dysphoric kiddo had parents that told them " doesn't make mistakes", I'd have enough money to buy a 12ft banner that reads "then he didn't make a mistake when he made me feel like the other gender inside."

Then again, the universe is deterministic whether or not you believe in . Either everything is according to 's will, or everything is the result of sensory data being interpreted and processed by biological systems in a way that only gives the illusion of free will.
How do you have a pulse on the trans community? Hanging out in obama's bathrooms or what. Besides you aren't a trans anyway are you I heard you still find chicks hot and stuff right?

See my post above to KEvin to understand free will and 's will. 's will is perfect and man's will is farked up.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #76
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
What the ? Gay marriage and Jesus and, car chase? Get out and ride your motorcycles and quit with the feeble, yes feeble, attempts at reconciling bible beating with reality. Judge not, lest you be judged. I judge you as idiots. Smh.
Very good advice it's always good to ride but this is the circus where we discuss politics(how we will live in this life) and religion(how we will live in the next life) which are both very important things right>?
Liked this post:
Old 04-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #77
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Quote:
Very good advice it's always good to ride but this is the circus where we discuss politics(how we will live in this life) and religion(how we will live in the next life) which are both very important things right>?
The first yes, the second no.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #78
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
The first yes, the second no.
one simple way to deal with that is that if it is not important to you...
don't participate.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #79
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
Your argument above pivoted on the word deterministic on both the religious and non religious lines of thought. By definition determinism and randomness are mutually exclusive in the context of this conversation. What I mean is, if determinism is in fact real in the context you proposed, there *is* a secret sauce (to use your parlance) whether one believes in or not.

But in the most recent post above you explicitly state that humans can and do perform random acts and you go to lengths to explain exactly what you mean(in a very nice way I might add). Therefore, we are responsible for our actions because said actions are not preordained.

This also means that determinism is not a factor in this discussion. I don't see how you can have it both ways.
I am not sure I understand. I believe things are deterministic, however, this does not change the fact that things appear to us to not be deterministic. Let's say that there is a divine plan, for simplification. knows everything that you will do before you do it. Your future is written in stone. You could use this as a license to do absolutely nothing with your life and not feel guilty, because you had no choice, because it was always going to be that way (sidenote, this would mean that creates humans on purpose who do not believe in him and thus go to ... I would find that a chilling thought if I was religious). Or you could take the mindset of "hey, I'm gonna logic myself into a position where I don't spend every day in squalor with the rationale that I didn't have a choice." As I said, I don't believe in a secret sauce that imbues humans with the ability to make truly "random*" decisions. Our actions are the result of our processing of input data, and if we had sufficient information as to how our minds and bodies worked, we would be able to predict the result given a complete set of initial conditions. So that means things are deterministic. Based on how I am wired, it is not my decision to live in a depressing state under the excuse that I didn't have a choice (no matter how true or untrue that is) or to live in a state where I still try to do good things and be a good person. The way I am wired has already determined which of these things will happen. But that doesn't mean we should throw out trying to do good. I am wired the way that I am to want to live a good life even though it is already deterministically predictable what I will do.

* by random I don't mean literally random, instead I mean decisions or actions that are unpredictable no matter how accurate the model of the meat computer and initial conditions is -- ie: free will
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #80
green600
M.M.H.G.A.

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
They are not bringing anything...remember they just got some straight people's kids.
Well like a lot of the stupid you say that just isn't true in all cases. When that is the case you would think that as a pro-lifer you would support adoption.

Life's too short to eat dusty Parm
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement