MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #41
ninenine
cmra expert#99

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2018 YZF-R6
2017 YZF-R3

Super cool dude. Rest In Peace my man!
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:Ready Garage,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Moul, Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Superbike Unlimited, CoreMoto, Alpinestars, BlueCru, Armour Bodies, RES
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rest in Peace Bowie silverfudge Off Topic 4 01-11-2016 11:36 PM
Rest In Peace Triumph Triple General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-01-2015 12:51 AM
To my bro!! Gary Garcia, May he rest in peace!!!! 7cain General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-18-2010 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #42
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

I remember meeting Bill in the real world.

I live in Kerrville, and am lucky enough to have amazing roads right down Junction Hwy from my house. One weekend a few years ago I was riding on Hwy 39 just west of Hunt, Tx. I was on my GSXR and passed a Goldwing heading the opposite direction. This Goldwing was absolutely hauling the mail! I caught a glimpse of the loud graphic Shoei lid and just knew it was Bill. I turn around as quick as I could, and proceeded to TRY catching up. I am not a fast rider compared to most, but I know that road better than most. I was booking it, but every time I rounded a curve and looked ahead for the Goldwing it was nowhere in sight.
Clipped through Hunt and then kept up the chase. Nothing. I thought maybe he had turned onto the North Fork in Hunt, and I had missed him. It wasnt until I got into Ingram, and thanks to a traffic light, had caught up with the Goldwing...
We cleared Ingram on the way into Kerrville when I saw it. The rider of the 'Wing was skitching next to his bike. Not for a short distance, either! I knew then that I indeed had caught myself a Gixxer Bill. I pulled up next to him and waved. He pulled into the Sonic, and I followed. I introduced myself and he immediately knew me. Despite some back and forth on the forum, Bill was as happy to meet me as anyone could be. He was smiling and laughing. We chatted and visited for awhile and had a great time. Bill was pushing me to come ride the Sisters with him, come stay with him (regardless that I literally lived in Kerrville), and being as warm and gracious and friendly as you could imagine.

That is the only time we met in person, but meeting the real Bill in person really helped to shape my opinion of him in comparison to his online persona. Bill was a passionate guy about almost everything he did, it seemed.

Bill was a character. Bill a lot of people off. Bill loved a lot.
Bill was Bill.

I will miss him.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #43
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
I remember meeting Bill in the real world.

I live in Kerrville, and am lucky enough to have amazing roads right down Junction Hwy from my house. One weekend a few years ago I was riding on Hwy 39 just west of Hunt, Tx. I was on my GSXR and passed a Goldwing heading the opposite direction. This Goldwing was absolutely hauling the mail! I caught a glimpse of the loud graphic Shoei lid and just knew it was Bill. I turn around as quick as I could, and proceeded to TRY catching up. I am not a fast rider compared to most, but I know that road better than most. I was booking it, but every time I rounded a curve and looked ahead for the Goldwing it was nowhere in sight.
Clipped through Hunt and then kept up the chase. Nothing. I thought maybe he had turned onto the North Fork in Hunt, and I had missed him. It wasnt until I got into Ingram, and thanks to a traffic light, had caught up with the Goldwing...
We cleared Ingram on the way into Kerrville when I saw it. The rider of the 'Wing was skitching next to his bike. Not for a short distance, either! I knew then that I indeed had caught myself a Gixxer Bill. I pulled up next to him and waved. He pulled into the Sonic, and I followed. I introduced myself and he immediately knew me. Despite some back and forth on the forum, Bill was as happy to meet me as anyone could be. He was smiling and laughing. We chatted and visited for awhile and had a great time. Bill was pushing me to come ride the Sisters with him, come stay with him (regardless that I literally lived in Kerrville), and being as warm and gracious and friendly as you could imagine.

That is the only time we met in person, but meeting the real Bill in person really helped to shape my opinion of him in comparison to his online persona. Bill was a passionate guy about almost everything he did, it seemed.

Bill was a character. Bill a lot of people off. Bill loved a lot.
Bill was Bill.

I will miss him.
Man that's was nice for you to share with us.
I miss Bill back on the WFO forum and when I started doing track days
What a character for sure he was...
I can't help but still wondering what really happened to him but I get the feeling the soon enough we'll find out.
He'll be missed for sure.
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #44
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1997 XR400 TARDED

RIP Brother.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #45
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

https://www.seasidefuneral.com/tributes/William-York
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #46
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Rest in Peace, not sure if we ever rode together way back in the day, but I remember your posts. Farewell
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:27 AM   #47
GAU-8
Socially inept, yet fun!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1992 seca II, 1998 Seca II, 06 Ninja 250

to me, he was an O.G. member. ( pretty sure he was here , before I joined) I may have met him in person, yet I don't remember. ( i haven't been "public" for quite a few years) Sad to know he won't be around. I didn't always agree with his mayhem, but I usually enjoyed his "triggered/getting someone "triggered" moments. no matter the circumstances, I hope that he left those knowing him, without question, and complete.

Rest In Peace Bill. Thanks for the memories. you were a good guy.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #48
SouthTexas

Was Gixxer's passing motorcycle related? Wishing the very best to his family.
SouthTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #49
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTexas View Post
Was Gixxer's passing motorcycle related? Wishing the very best to his family.
No.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #50
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

, RIP Bill. Still remember your smile and wheelies.
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #51
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Anyone that ever knew and even just met Bill for a few minutes will remember his laugh! If you ever heard it you couldn't help but smile and laugh too. It was hilarious.

They talked several minutes about it at his funeral.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote