MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #41
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE ABS

It WAS an awesome day.

...Except for the part where we almost got killed by the psycho. Literally. That was very upsetting.

And fighting the wind to Austin and back was tiring, but the sun was shining, the temps were perfect and the wildflowers were beautiful.

The rain delay sucked, but thankfully the guys were able to get it done. It was also cool that there were cars on the track at COTA to entertain us while we waited.

It was really fun to watch the season opener with a crew from MH, in a lounge full of other enthusiasts, AT COTA. It was a great race. It was also very exciting that 5 out of 9 of us won a prize (caps, shirts, etc.). Congrats to Ice for winning the best prize of all -- a free COTA track day! Lucky!

I enjoyed the experience and I'm glad we all made it back safe and sound. Until next time.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP COTA 2014 Viewing (Sunday) Brutus General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-13-2014 01:30 PM
MotoGP Viewing Party-Sun Jul 26@ Firken & Phoenix Texmex1 Events, Meets and Rides 8 07-26-2009 02:39 PM
05/17 MotoGP/WSBK Viewing Party Texmex1 Events, Meets and Rides 20 05-17-2009 10:59 AM
5/6/07 Sunday. 1-6PM Ride Smart sponsored AMA/MotoGP viewing/crawfish party! nutmegchoi Events, Meets and Rides 67 05-07-2007 12:26 PM
3/24/07 Sunday. 4PM Ride Smart & bigcomfynumero2 sponsored MotoGP viewing party! nutmegchoi Events, Meets and Rides 30 03-25-2007 08:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2017, 07:25 AM   #42
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
We almost got killed by a psycho, but made it.
Russ did a group ride, has frozen over!
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #43
Rttoys
CMRA 982

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
08 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Who, me?
No, but we think you started it. Can't pin point it though. When we left COTA, you guys were right behind us, then ditched to the gas station. We continued on and caught up with some slow traffic. A car was turning left in front of me, so I waved WOT by (I was on the left, she was on the right) and I followed in behind her passing the left turn car. I got back in front, then some guy was on WOT's . Like dangerously close, so I step up the pace to about 75 (65 zone). The dude dangerously close passed WOT and myself on the shoulder. We were in a passing zone and no one was coming, but this jack wagon passed on the shoulder while screaming and yelling at us.

He gets by us and goes on as we slow down to give him some space. At 21, he puts on his right signal, then starts weaving all over the place like he wanted to hit us. So, we slow way down to see what the he was going to do. He stops and gets out of his car, not sure he had a gun but since there was no oncoming traffic, we shot hard left and gunned it to go left on 21. I'm in GTFO mode and have the bike to do it, but WOT is on her 300, so there was no way I was leaving her. She collected herself and got up with me.

We didn't see the jackwagon come our way, so that was good and we now had some cars behind us as a buffer, but I stared at my mirrors all the way down 21 waiting for him to come up the shoulder at us. We stopped at 21 and 71 for fuel and kind of hide behind cars, which was also when I could get my glove off and access my gun.

We stayed there a bit to collect ourselves and saw you guys drive by. I have no idea what set this dude off, but the only thing I can think of was coming out of COTA we somehow "cut him off". That's all I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTrvlr View Post
Nope. Just me and WOT. We met the guys there. I was going to run solo, till WOT said she wanted to come with, so we went on our own.

Last edited by Rttoys; 03-27-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #44
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTrvlr View Post
I walked up to him and jokingly said "Oh, hey, too good to ride with our group?" He replied with a serious face..... "I don't do group rides".
Old 03-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #45
Rttoys
CMRA 982

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
08 Ducati Hypermotard

Yep. And I have my reasons.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #46
trumindgame
Rowdy Riders @ UTSA

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Sv 1000s 2k7
WTB 08 Blk/Orange Busa

Oh wow. If he got out of the car🤔... and I was there..... The cops would of def been on scene 😂😂😂😎
Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #47
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I walked up to him and jokingly said "Oh, hey, too good to ride with our group?" He replied with a serious face..... "I don't do group rides".
I would've ridden with you guys but didn't want Rttoys to ride alone. I love group rides.
But doing it this way, I was able to leave my house at 9:00 rather than 7:00. That's definitely a win. But I'm sure your route was WAY more fun. Oh well.

I wish we could have MotoGP watch parties in Houston. Find a place that would let us set up a projector or something and watch it off tape delay. It's much more fun to watch with friends than at home by yourself.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #48
MaxGs
Veritas Aequitas

Bike(s):
BMW GS Adventure

Last edited by MaxGs; 03-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
MaxGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #49
MaxGs
Veritas Aequitas

Bike(s):
BMW GS Adventure

Last edited by MaxGs; 03-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
MaxGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:10 PM   #50
*Princess*
---- AKA W.O.T. ----

Bike(s):
2016 Ninja 650
2014 Ninja 300SE ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumindgame View Post
Oh wow. If he got out of the car��... and I was there..... The cops would of def been on scene ��������
Yeah, well, I'm not a fighter and I wasn't packing, so the best I could do was to try to not get crashed out by him or shot. He was a thug with braids on his head and grillz on his teeth driving a raggedy car. The kind of lowlife that would have a gun and wouldn't think twice about using it. I couldn't see both of his hands so I didn't really know. Stupid thing is, we don't even know what we did...if anything. He just came from out of nowhere driving erratically and acting crazy. It was scary. :(

Last edited by *Princess*; 03-27-2017 at 11:32 PM.
*Princess* is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #51
stan

Bike(s):
FZ1

Hey
was a good ride to Cota, and to watch the race on the stands.
stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #52
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.O.T. View Post
I wish we could have MotoGP watch parties in Houston. Find a place that would let us set up a projector or something and watch it off tape delay. It's much more fun to watch with friends than at home by yourself.
That can be arranged.
Small group of us did a early AM rides on Sunday's to beat the heat, then would go to someone's house to watch the race.
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #53
Crystalgsxr

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 600

+1 for finding a venue every other Sunday to meet up and watch the GP races. My friend and I were just talking about finding a place yesterday.

I used to bartend at this taco shop in Spring last year that had a full bar, cheap food, and a bunch of TVs. We weren't ever really busy on Sundays so a couple of my biker buds would come up and see me while I worked during GP season cause I would always switch all the TVs over to watch the races with them. We were just gonna start going there again this year to watch them but wanna find another place with other GP enthusiasts to watch with.
Crystalgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement