MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Car Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Got me a Scoobie.

After itching for a new ride for a while, I finally pulled the trigger. I feel like a kid in this thing... Kind of also takes care of that "I need another bike" desire as well. Will likely stay stock for a while. Looking to change out the stereo and components (base model) soon which will also allow for some sound proofing to be installed. Ceramic tent coming this week to keep the heat and unwanted eyes out.

It really does need a tune to smooth out the mapping and improve drivability. Plus, a little power is always good but will hold off on that for a bit bc of warranty. If kept, down the road she will be getting a bump in power.

For the price, it is hard to find such a fun, quick, and practical sports car. Very surprised at the amount of room and visibility. It is a little loud, raw, mechanical, maybe even dated but that's part of the charm. Kind of like a bike.

Other subie owners on here? I'll be taking her to the track soon to learn how to properly drive her and ID weak/strong points and see what can be done without upgrading the driver too much.


__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46

Last edited by BigComfy; 09-04-2018 at 08:14 AM.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
justa6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 33

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR 1000









Send a message via AIM to justa6 Send a message via MSN to justa6
Congrats man! I have a '16 STi. Great cars man you'll love it.
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-22-2018, 01:43 AM   #3
Squidly
Senior Member
 
Squidly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 419

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2015 KTM SuperDuke 1290









Thats a car Ive always wanted to own, really enjoyed the Speed3 I had once.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY
 
wiayeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Med Ctr
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,183

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)
79 XS650
12 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
02 YW50AP






I can't see the pic, but if it's a Subaru.....

I have a Forester XT. A Cobb Accessport and a cold air intake will wake it up.

+1 on the Speed3. Quick, but the torque steer. :(
__________________
OOT
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
JetG
Senior Member
 
JetG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,239












Ya what is it? Cant really tell for sure but appears to be a Subaru?
__________________
good one
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
Hung
Yes that's my name.
 
Hung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 925

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV560
2013 Honda CBR250 Repsol (sold)
2010 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2002 Suzuki SV650N (sold)
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)






Really beautiful color combination too...even the girl in the picture can't keep her eyes off. Love these cars and enjoy driving them too. A Cobb AP stage 1 really helps a lot with stock setup and doesn't costs too much. COBB is not out of Austin, TX so even better if you want to go check out their HQ in person.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:17 AM   #7
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by justa6 View Post
Congrats man! I have a '16 STi. Great cars man you'll love it.
Thanks, man. These things are addictive. Hard to not mash on the throttle or take a corner like an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
Thats a car Ive always wanted to own, really enjoyed the Speed3 I had once.
Get it. Plus they seem to hold their value well. The speed 3 is awesome. I wish the STI still came in a hatchback...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
I can't see the pic, but if it's a Subaru.....

I have a Forester XT. A Cobb Accessport and a cold air intake will wake it up.

+1 on the Speed3. Quick, but the torque steer. :(
I'm looking at the COBB mods but going to hold off until after Christmas. I've also read the MPGs improve quite bit with the Accessport. Drove HOU>SA>DAL>HOU this week and averaged around 22 mpg... Took a vendor with me from SA to DAL and he was grinning the whole time. Yep, this thing is flipping fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetG View Post
Ya what is it? Cant really tell for sure but appears to be a Subaru?
18 Subaru STI (Base) i.e. poor man's 911 turbo

Down the road, I'm hoping to get around 350-400 at the wheels. Should be enough to keep up (up to 160 ish..) and will likely add some Ohlins bits for good measure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
Really beautiful color combination too...even the girl in the picture can't keep her eyes off. Love these cars and enjoy driving them too. A Cobb AP stage 1 really helps a lot with stock setup and doesn't costs too much. COBB is not out of Austin, TX so even better if you want to go check out their HQ in person.
Thank you. I have the same issue... Loving the look. IMO this color combo makes it a little less go-racer vs a white, blue or the like.

Yep, I'm looking at the stage one minus the exhaust. really do not want the noise in the cabin. Really needing to place those stock tires. They are loud AF.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
JetG
Senior Member
 
JetG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,239












Cool ride for sure, we want to get a GT2 Ride Smart but the allocation is a little hard to come by. Prob wait a few years before retiring the 911 Turbo, as my wife just cant quiet let it go.
__________________
good one
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Buddy/Customer, just got himself a 918.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #10
JetG
Senior Member
 
JetG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,239












Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Buddy/Customer, just got himself a 918.
Sweet, just a mil or more
__________________
good one
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #11
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by JetG View Post
Sweet, just a mil or more
Im thinking more. Almost makes the GT2 seem affordable.... those things are sick! Saw one in LA last month and WOW.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:40 PM   #12
hondarider77
Senior Member
 
hondarider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,240

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6






Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Congrats!!!! I miss my 2008 wrx at times.
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #13
Squidly
Senior Member
 
Squidly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 419

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2015 KTM SuperDuke 1290









Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
I can't see the pic, but if it's a Subaru.....

I have a Forester XT. A Cobb Accessport and a cold air intake will wake it up.

+1 on the Speed3. Quick, but the torque steer. :(
I went big turbo and it would try to change lanes!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #14
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quick Update.... I'm at almost 5k miles in 2 short months and couldn't be happier. This is the funnest car I've ever owned. Is it a little rough, loud, and so on....? Yes. does it make me grin every time I start her? You bet your .

I've done a few longer trip in it. HOU>SA>DAL>HOU over a couple of days and never had so much fun. Mileage is nothing to brag about. best I've seen is 22.8 mpg but averaging around 15.6 around town. Luckily, I don'r drive much in traffic.

The windshield sucks donkey . Two small pebbles have destroyed it twice.

Still haven't done any mods and likely won't with the amount of miles I seem to be putting on it. Purchased the extended warranty so will likely wait until it gets close to 100k or becomes a second car. Will be purchasing lighter wheels when the current shoes are needing to be replaced. Probably some kind of forged 18" somethings that are easier to clean than these mofos. Will likely go with a less aggressive rubber to get better wear and a quieter ride... I'm doing a lot of long distance driving these days. , heading to Tulsa and back Monday/Tuesday. Hoping to make a detour through the Ozarks on the way back

Seriously, this car is so good. Kind of takes care of that bike itch as well. Is it for everybody? No. You do have to be a bit on the "hardcore" side to live with it on the daily. But then again, you guys are a bunch of crazy so I think/hope that you guys can appreciate such a statement. Except you Bill. You're a fluffy bunny.

Time to go detail the Scoobie. Enjoy your Saturday!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
hondarider77
Senior Member
 
hondarider77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,240

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6






Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Quick Update.... I'm at almost 5k miles in 2 short months and couldn't be happier. This is the funnest car I've ever owned. Is it a little rough, loud, and so on....? Yes. does it make me grin every time I start her? You bet your .

I've done a few longer trip in it. HOU>SA>DAL>HOU over a couple of days and never had so much fun. Mileage is nothing to brag about. best I've seen is 22.8 mpg but averaging around 15.6 around town. Luckily, I don'r drive much in traffic.

The windshield sucks donkey . Two small pebbles have destroyed it twice.

Still haven't done any mods and likely won't with the amount of miles I seem to be putting on it. Purchased the extended warranty so will likely wait until it gets close to 100k or becomes a second car. Will be purchasing lighter wheels when the current shoes are needing to be replaced. Probably some kind of forged 18" somethings that are easier to clean than these mofos. Will likely go with a less aggressive rubber to get better wear and a quieter ride... I'm doing a lot of long distance driving these days. , heading to Tulsa and back Monday/Tuesday. Hoping to make a detour through the Ozarks on the way back

Seriously, this car is so good. Kind of takes care of that bike itch as well. Is it for everybody? No. You do have to be a bit on the "hardcore" side to live with it on the daily. But then again, you guys are a bunch of crazy so I think/hope that you guys can appreciate such a statement. Except you Bill. You're a fluffy bunny.

Time to go detail the Scoobie. Enjoy your Saturday!
Torn between a sti or the Jaguar F-Type v8...
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #16
jeffh
Unbannable
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,390

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








looks good
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #17
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,813

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
Torn between a sti or the Jaguar F-Type v8...
two very different cars... That Jag is quite sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
looks good
Thanks!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy