MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #21
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
FlipFlop finally hit the jackpot with his fish lettuce scheme huh!!!
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help a friend get a business grant AiJay Off Topic 5 10-14-2013 09:17 AM
Friend is in a essay competion to meet Dr. Niel Tyson, please vote for my friend Goldenboy1 Off Topic 8 03-21-2011 05:11 PM
BUSINESS WEBSITE/LOGO/BUSINESS CARDS HELP!!!! Nightster Ridester Off Topic 13 09-06-2010 04:05 PM
Question about our friend BigComfy Off Topic 10 07-08-2008 11:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #22
jetcycles
Repeat Offender
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 12,510

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50






Send a message via AIM to jetcycles
Millionaire that needs to make installment payments on a used car? Seems legit!
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #23
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






So would I have rights to repossess the vehicle if the contract was broken?
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #24
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit
 
JAXPOTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: B/W8 & I10
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 814

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
PCX 150









Exclamation how to get in the business

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
How do I do this?
>>> 1 put a gps tracker on the car > 2 get a note agreeing to pay the balance on a date certain > 3 keep a set of keys > 4 make him prepay ins for 6 mos > 5 hope he doesn't wreck it > 6 pray that he gets his load thru so that he can pay you off > 7 trust that he will pay you > 8 deny you ever knew him > 9 take probation if they offer it to you > 10 learn by your mistake OR on the off chance you collect repeat with a % of the action
__________________
SEMPER WHY ?
JAXPOTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #25
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXPOTD View Post
>>> 1 put a gps tracker on the car > 2 get a note agreeing to pay the balance on a date certain > 3 keep a set of keys > 4 make him prepay ins for 6 mos > 5 hope he doesn't wreck it > 6 pray that he gets his load thru so that he can pay you off > 7 trust that he will pay you > 8 deny you ever knew him > 9 take probation if they offer it to you > 10 learn by your mistake OR on the off chance you collect repeat with a % of the action

Lmao! That really escalated between 7 and 8!
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #26
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Alright does anyone know if I can repossess the vehicle if I have a lien and contract is broken?
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #27
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,638

Experience: 10+ years











If he doesn't have a legal income then his assets weren't acquired legally. So - He's a criminal.
What makes you think he's not going to add this to his assets? You are "friends"? with him??
Someone else kissed their assets away when your "friend" acquired them. Contract or not - you are presuming you can trust someone who acquires things illegally. Put your car on his list and kiss it good bye.
All of my friends are preachers and other very religious people, or politicians, so I KNOW I can trust them.......

...... right???
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #28
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
If he doesn't have a legal income then his assets weren't acquired legally. So - He's a criminal.
What makes you think he's not going to add this to his assets? You are "friends"? with him??
Someone else kissed their assets away when your "friend" acquired them. Contract or not - you are presuming you can trust someone who acquires things illegally. Put your car on his list and kiss it good bye.
All of my friends are preachers and other very religious people, or politicians, so I KNOW I can trust them.......

...... right???


I just want to know if I can repo the vehicle if I have a lien and the contract is broken
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #29
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit
 
JAXPOTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: B/W8 & I10
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 814

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
PCX 150









Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Alright does anyone know if I can repossess the vehicle if I have a lien and contract is broken?
>>> possession is 10 tenths of the law > that's why you keep a set of keys > the deal that you've described is a dark sale > the rules change on a daily basis > i've sold a bike like this and lost a bike like this > as long as the up $$$/benefit is OK do the deal > if the guy screws you just put a few bricks his way
__________________
SEMPER WHY ?
JAXPOTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #30
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,925

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Alright let’s forget how the money is acquired for a moment.

Would I be able to repossess my vehicle if I knew where it was (gps tracker) and the contract had been broken?
You have the same right to repossess just as any bank would or any car lot that "totes the note". If he breaks the agreement then you can recover your property.

Also, a verbal contract is just a legal as a written one, but obviously it's better to have it in writing, you can even have a contract though texting.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"

Last edited by Bevo; 12-13-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #31
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You have the same right to repossess just as any bank would or any car lot that "totes the note". If he breaks the agreement then you can recover your property.

Also, a verbal contract is just a legal as a written one, but obviously it's better to have it in writing, you can even have a contract though texting.

So I donít need any credentials other than legal ownership to hire a tow driver to repo?
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #32
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXPOTD View Post
>>> possession is 10 tenths of the law > that's why you keep a set of keys > the deal that you've described is a dark sale > the rules change on a daily basis > i've sold a bike like this and lost a bike like this > as long as the up $$$/benefit is OK do the deal > if the guy screws you just put a few bricks his way
What exactly happened if you donít mind me asking? You can PM me if youíd like
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #33
Oskar_Z28
Senior Member
 
Oskar_Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
15 GROM - saved Harvey victim
17 FZ10
01 SV 650 - RIP - Harvey victim
02 R1 - RIP - Harvey Victim






Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
How do I do this?
don't know how to do it, but he probably would want to have it registered, so the title would go into his name, but you hold the title as a lienholder (kinda like banks do when you buy a vehicle).
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #34
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post
don't know how to do it, but he probably would want to have it registered, so the title would go into his name, but you hold the title as a lienholder (kinda like banks do when you buy a vehicle).
Alright Iíll have to look into this further
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #35
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,925

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
So I don’t need any credentials other than legal ownership to hire a tow driver to repo?
You should have plenty of documents in your possession right now that prove you're the owner, right?

The bill of sale when your purchased it.
The original contract when you purchased it.
Registration renewal notices.
Registration receipts.
The title.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #36
rccarlson22
Senior Member
 
rccarlson22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,239

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You should have plenty of documents in your possession right now that prove you're the owner, right?

The bill of sale when your purchased it.
The original contract when you purchased it.
Registration renewal notices.
Registration receipts.
The title.
Yeah I have the title and registration docs. Probably have original sale info somewhere in the file cabinet
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #37
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25,925

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Yeah I have the title and registration docs. Probably have original sale info somewhere in the file cabinet
If you had to repossess it, just drive it away using a second set of keys. I wouldn't hire a tow truck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #38
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8,459

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Dude you can't run and ad on craig's list and sell it to somebody that can pay you cash? I mean I financed a chopper for a friend of mine but he was legit. I had a note, bill of sale, interest and everything. But it was a pain to do.

I had another friend that I sold a house to that wasn't legit and he screwed me and we were good friends.

So I have decided not to do business with people that ain't legit because if they legit with society they won't be legit with you because you are afterall a member of society.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #39
jeffh
Unbannable
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,327

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Honestly i would be more worried about what he was doing in that car while it was still in my name. I understand the friendly neighborhood dopeman needs wheels but it wouldnít be mine
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #40
jeffh
Unbannable
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,327

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Millionaire that needs to make installment payments on a used car? Seems legit!
Gotta clean that money before using it legitimately
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy