Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-20-2009, 04:53 PM||#1|
Bill Gates V GM
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX),Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........
Twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bill Gates reveals his only regret||NewsBot||Entertainment||0||01-28-2015 04:10 PM|
|Bill Gates....we know he's rich but....||silverfudge||Off Topic||20||08-23-2014 05:13 AM|
|A video to Bill Gates offers of $100,000||CUSTOM ZX-14||Off Topic||3||04-07-2013 07:22 PM|
|bill gates "comedy"||ANTISOCIAL||Off Topic||3||01-04-2009 10:02 AM|
|Vista Photo Features Demonstrated by Bill Gates||ArturoC||Off Topic||5||04-19-2007 08:48 PM|
|02-20-2009, 05:01 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Experience: 1 year
11. Your out on a road trip, get in your car, and your car tells you it is possibly stolen and will not let you continue driving, until you contact a GM representative and make them understand you own the vehicle
Last edited by MAVER1CK; 02-20-2009 at 05:03 PM.
|02-20-2009, 06:22 PM||#5|
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
This joke was funny before the turn of the century too!
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.”
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."