MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #21
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

If you get bored check your sprocket/chain alignment. The dealers rarely get it straight
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best way to clean chain lube off wheels AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 12-13-2013 10:54 AM
How to Clean Chain and Lube? SaidNoJuanEver How To's and Q & A's 23 11-19-2012 07:42 AM
Clean and lube the chain skmart2 How To's and Q & A's 34 05-16-2008 12:38 PM
Oil Change, Tire Pressure, Chain Lube... etc..... dotcom General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-23-2005 12:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #22
TaiMc

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloman View Post
If you get bored check your sprocket/chain alignment. The dealers rarely get it straight
LOL! giving me tasksss... okay lol

Good time to check my manual and learn while working from home for two weeks lol. TY!
Mods: Two Brothers Racing S1R Black Series:Carbon fiber Slip-on (Album), ZeroGravity Racing Corsa "Light Smoke" screen (Album), LED Glow lighting kit (green-16 strips, Album), Puig sport foot pegs:Green (Album), TechSpec USA tank grips (Album), Modified "trunk space" (Album); Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit (DIY Thread)/Album)
TaiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-23-2020, 11:36 PM   #23
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
various other oil-cooled Suzukis
lots of dirt bikes

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent View Post
I recently changed the chain on my bike and also used a caliper when it came to the rivets. Wasn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be, it just takes time and patience.
I can't see myself doing it every week though as I think gixxerguy86 is doing.
oh absolutely not, LOL, I think I would be frowned upon as I only lube the chain before every ride and hardly ever clean it until it gets REALLY nasty. its a sealed chain and a heavy duty one at that, it was designed for this. if the rollers and o-rings have lubrication then it will be good, but if theres so much crud to the point it starts flinging off everywhere then off it comes for a good deep cleaning