MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
upononer6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Chinese atv

Been browsing Craigslist and marketplace for some 4 wheelers to have out here on the "farm" and keep seeing these knockoff models. My mother in law bought my kids some "coolster" 50cc dirt bikes and they rode them once before 1 motor locked up, and the other had some idling issues.. i had to rebuild the carb before we could even get it started. So I definitely want to avoid that bullshit again. Took us 6 months to get them to hold good to their warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with these Vitacci, or any other off name 4 wheelers? My kids are only 5, 8, and 12 but I don't want to spend money on junk. I've been searching for a Honda 300 cuz we had one for years and loved the thing.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chinese purse snatchers vs mob of chinese people cuong-nutz Off Topic 3 05-19-2012 04:35 PM
Chinese only.... cedestech The Circus 30 12-27-2010 04:04 PM
Mad Chinese Grinchy Off Topic 2 03-31-2009 01:42 PM
need help w/chinese atv superman77532 How To's and Q & A's 14 12-15-2007 05:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
various other oil-cooled Suzukis
lots of dirt bikes

Member Garage

just save your money and get a pre-owned, name-brand Japanese model. even Polaris would be better. Chinese dirt bikes are bad, Chinese 4-wheelers are even worse
Old 05-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy86 View Post
just save your money and get a pre-owned, name-brand Japanese model. even Polaris would be better. Chinese dirt bikes are bad, Chinese 4-wheelers are even worse
Thats what i figured. Its just so tempting seeing these $600 brand new tags.. was always taught you get what you pay for so figured before we make a mistake see if anyone else has the experience.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy86 View Post
Agreed , better to buy a used Honda and rebuild the carb. The brakes, suspension , wheels , controls everything are junk on the knock offs, EVERYTHING.
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200
GSXR 1137cc Frankendragster (SOLD)
various other oil-cooled Suzukis
lots of dirt bikes

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Agreed , better to buy a used Honda and rebuild the carb. The brakes, suspension , wheels , controls everything are junk on the knock offs, EVERYTHING.
from the two I've encountered (buddy's quads) the front A-arm connections were very questionable, the chain/wheel adjusters out back were completely f**ked, wheel bearings/hubs needed huge spacers to stop them from wobbling, the petcock connection at the gas tank was a warped, leaking mess, there were random rubber and plastic components floating around inside the engine oil right before it started having shifting issues, and yes towards the end of ownership their rear shock completely lost its gas charge, lol
Old 05-27-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Seems like most people have bad experiences with them. Im searching for a Honda 300, or polaris. The kids want to play in the mud so 4x4 is preferred. Thanks for the advice guys

Advertisement