MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
Theofornow

Feedback Rating: (0)

06 Daytona 675 having issues starting

Whatís up motohouston,
So I just got a new to me bike and everything was running and working fine but today it wouldnít start. I rode it in the morning to work then headed home and when I tried to start it back up to leave again while it was still warm. It just turned over but never started. I figured it was a battery issue so I ordered a new battery which Iím waiting. I went to start it a few mins ago now that the bike is cool and itís cool out side and it literally starts right up with no issues. I tried to be as descriptive as possible please let me know if yíall have any ideas.
Theofornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting issues Chris199 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-03-2017 01:55 PM
r6 starting issues mekrew How To's and Q & A's 14 02-14-2015 07:59 AM
ZX7 starting issues/woes... dbuck How To's and Q & A's 11 12-02-2013 07:52 PM
Gsxr- Starting issues! 02gixxer750 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 12-17-2009 04:46 PM
Starting issues misery How To's and Q & A's 7 07-21-2007 11:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #2
LANDRY675

Bike(s):
2007 Daytona 675
2002 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theofornow View Post
Whatís up motohouston,
So I just got a new to me bike and everything was running and working fine but today it wouldnít start. I rode it in the morning to work then headed home and when I tried to start it back up to leave again while it was still warm. It just turned over but never started. I figured it was a battery issue so I ordered a new battery which Iím waiting. I went to start it a few mins ago now that the bike is cool and itís cool out side and it literally starts right up with no issues. I tried to be as descriptive as possible please let me know if yíall have any ideas.
I have a 2007 Daytona, and last year around this time I had to replace the stator and regulator. Here's a couple of forums to check out, that will help you diagnose the problem. The first link has a detailed description of how to check your charging system.

Also, go to triumphs website and see if there's a recall for your Rectifier/Regulator

https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35227

https://www.triumphrat.net/street-tr...-when-hot.html

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/safety-recall-search
LANDRY675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

Please try to describe better, perhaps a video of you trying to start the bike.
Does the engine turn but no fire?
Is there a click noise coming from anywhere?
Any codes on the dash?
Sensor checked on the clutch lever and the kickstand?
Is the ground good?
What's the reading on the battery, stator and regulator?
Have you checked the toggle switches at the cluster, where you kill/ start the bike?
Have you checked the fuses?
CMRA#672

Last edited by Rod; 07-02-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
Dread6
BANNED

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Quote:
Whatís up motohouston,
If you have a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) try to ohm out your Crankshaft Position Sensor when you get a chance. It should be around ~.200ohms.

Also test your battery, so how many volts it drops when cranking. Typically i dont like to see less than 10 volts when cranking.

Also these bikes have issues with the kill switch, but that usually causes your cluster to light up but not show any symbols or numbers and it won't crank.
Dread6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
kd5qoq

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 SV1000S
99 Triumph 900 triple
05 YZ450F
90CR500R
69 Triumph Trident

"If you have a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) try to ohm out your Crankshaft Position Sensor when you get a chance. It should be around ~.200ohms."
+1 I had the same problem. Common to Triumphs. Fortunately it's a cheap part and an easy fix.
If you want to check it attach an ohm meter, put it in an oven 300 degrees and look for it to open up.
kd5qoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #6
Theofornow

Thanks guys I been busy working I replaced the battery Iíll check in to all the other things this weekend
Theofornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:58 AM   #7
Dread6
BANNED

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Quote:
Thanks guys I been busy working I replaced the battery Iíll check in to all the other things this weekend

So what did you find out?

Advertisement