MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #61
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 GoldWing GL1800
15 honda 1000 cbr
08 honda 1000 cbr
03 honda magna VF750C
97 Honda Magna(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Wah....there is a risk every time you throw your leg over. Soo... everyone is supposed to ruin their day because someone crashed on the first corner from lack of skill? Come on. I'm 57, lost 6 riding buddies due to avoidable accidents. I'll still ride with motohouston when I'm able. I'm more upset that the accidents get swept under the rug rather than analyzing what happened as a learning experience for everyone.
I second that sentiment. And I feel it is a disservice to the riding community to do it. They say there are only 2 kinds of riders. Those who have crashed and those who are going to. I've seen my fair share of crashes on group rides. (Fortunately none have been serious.) Others can usually learn from them if we'd only discuss them like we do the rest of the ride. And it would help wake people up to the fact that group rides are more dangerous than riding alone (In my opinion). Rather than hiding them so that newcomers don't truly understand the risk they are getting themselves in for.

The biggest danger I've seen on group rides is that undoubtedly someone gets to close to the rider in front of them. Which causes them to pay to much attention to that rider instead of the road ahead. Which makes them slow to react when something unexpected comes up. Or they overreact when the rider in front has to make a big or sudden adjustment.