MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #61
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
Lol I guess wont be doing anything fun for a while

was at the gym. did a lift with weight I am comfy with and just heard a pop. then I saw the knot on my back and I knew what it was (torn muscle). Had to call my girl to come get me from the gym and drive my truck home. cant even turn the steering wheel with my left hand. found out about the rotator cuff today.

so how many others here are all banged up?
Do you do warm-up reps or stretching?

I hurt my shoulder about 2 years ago. Since then i try to warm my joints up real good before lifting. I'm lifting more than i did when i got hurt now.

Just give your self a lot of time to heal up properly and get back into it slowly.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tomball homeowner says workers tore up her yard, fence without notice NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-07-2015 11:00 PM
Rotator cuff exercises brandontx Health and Fitness 25 03-30-2013 12:45 PM
Rotator Cuff Questions Radar Off Topic 30 07-25-2010 12:01 PM
rotator cuff? gtdrivr Health and Fitness 33 04-16-2009 11:03 AM
someone got tore a new one......... RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 05-30-2008 11:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #62
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:
what are knee savers?
there padlike wedges the fit inbetween your calfs and thighs and are attached to the shin guards, alot of mlb catchers use them you just have to pay attention to the back of their knees

one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #63
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey View Post
Do you do warm-up reps or stretching?

I hurt my shoulder about 2 years ago. Since then i try to warm my joints up real good before lifting. I'm lifting more than i did when i got hurt now.

Just give your self a lot of time to heal up properly and get back into it slowly.
It was doing deadlifts. it was during the lift phase (right when you contract your traps at the end of the lift) that i heard it pop, rip tear whatever.

I always warm up real good. I think it was just a freak accident.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #64
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Triumph View Post
there padlike wedges the fit inbetween your calfs and thighs and are attached to the shin guards, alot of mlb catchers use them you just have to pay attention to the back of their knees

so you put all the weight that was supposed to concentrate on your knees and ankles on those things? almost like sitting? thats badass
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #65
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Quote:
It was doing deadlifts. it was during the lift phase (right when you contract your traps at the end of the lift) that i heard it pop, rip tear whatever.

I always warm up real good. I think it was just a freak accident.
wow, how much were you lifting? I've gotten up to 265 and haven't really felt much strain on my shoulders.

I believe the problem i had with my shoulder before was because the secondary muscles were weak. I hated to doing over head press and military press. Since then i do them, but can't say i have strong shoulders, but other stuff like bench feels better.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #66
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
wow, how much were you lifting? I've gotten up to 265 and haven't really felt much strain on my shoulders.

I believe the problem i had with my shoulder before was because the secondary muscles were weak. I hated to doing over head press and military press. Since then i do them, but can't say i have strong shoulders, but other stuff like bench feels better.
635 (6 plus a 25 on each side) did it on my third rep. its a weight i have used a lot before .so just had to be a freak accident. or maybe I was dehydrated a bit. that causes a lot of muscle tears.

for secondary muscle strength and explosion for shoulders and chest. clings help a lot. they helped my bench a lot. plus they are good for forearms which recruits another muscle when you lift so less strain on the joints of shoulders. also the muscle directly opposite of what is lifting should be strong to stabilize. for bench and any press including military; strong rear delts helps when doing low rep sets.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #67
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:
so you put all the weight that was supposed to concentrate on your knees and ankles on those things? almost like sitting? thats badass
had them the second we started seeing major leaguers use them (around 1995ish). If catchers dont use them cause theyre trying to look like tough guys then they are idiots :/:
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #68
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Quote:
how bad was the damage? any loss of movement?
Yeah...the first time (my left one) was out of socket for over 4 hours and hurt like heck. Rotor cuff tear. I have almost full range of motion however quick movements like throwing a fastball or spiking a vollyball will cause it to pop out. Over head throwing motion is where I lost range of motion, I can still do it but I am very aware of it now and have learned to work around it.

My thought was against surgery because even with less invasive procedures you will still have scar tissue later on. Mine cause me no pain at all now and it has been over 10 years.

GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #69
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

oh yeah...IMO...building the muscle up around the shoulder is ket to a good rehad as is stretching...get some of the red rubber bands the pt will have and tie it to a door or something. It helps out tremendously.

GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #70
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

6 plates on each side is a site to see. You are definitely doing enough weight to make your body scream every where. I'd shyt myself if i even tried to do half of that. You must be a beast

that is some good advice below. I haven't done clings since High school.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #71
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
6 plates on each side is a site to see. You are definitely doing enough weight to make your body scream every where. I'd shyt myself if i even tried to do half of that. You must be a beast

i chit myself .. just reading it...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #72
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Triumph View Post

thoes have been out for awhile i used them when i used to catch in high school
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #73
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

clings are awesome, as well as all other "compound" lifts". i try to build my entire lifting routine around as many compound lifts as i can. deads, squats (many variations), rows, presses, pullups, dips, cleans, etc... its hard as for me to do right now too, cuase im cutting and eating a deficit diet. low energy + tired = easy to hurt myself.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #74
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
clings are awesome, as well as all other "compound" lifts". i try to build my entire lifting routine around as many compound lifts as i can. deads, squats (many variations), rows, presses, pullups, dips, cleans, etc... its hard as for me to do right now too, cuase im cutting and eating a deficit diet. low energy + tired = easy to hurt myself.
dude, you've made crazy progress since you've joined MH.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #75
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

thx bro, i really start to notice the strain on my body when im cutting. i cant wait till the end of summer and i can start bulking up again.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #76
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
THAT SUCKS.....I KNOW A GOOD SURGEON IN THE WOODLANDS....
Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #77
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni View Post
THAT SUCKS.....I KNOW A GOOD SURGEON IN THE WOODLANDS....
Thanks. I am going to Dr sanders. and then Dr otto (sports medicine) for the rehab and diet. then I am going to k Klein for the diet part. aint gona let this keep me down.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #78
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post

well you are really not really supposed to do clings, squats, or other compounds during this phase. you are not trying to work out for hypertrophy in the phase you are in. you are only trying to workout to prevent athrophy. I hate cut phases. fortunately for me. I stay lean all year round naturally.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #79
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

Quote:

lol thats nothing. you should see me do max rep at over 765lbs (8 plates) no straps, just chalk. but there are plenty of guys my size (230 lbs plus 8 percent or below bf) who can do those kind of weights. in town there is larry clark, jonathan clark, (both bike riders, taught me how to ride when i was a kid) anton semiglou (my bestfriend) who can deadlift over 900lbs. I have been powerlifting (for football and for the sport itself) continuously for over 12 years now.

but for bodybuilding deadlifts builds quad, lat, and trap, hips, and forearm thickness like no other exercise. only drawback is that sometime people get very wide obliques from them. and well what happened to me lol.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #80
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:

well you are really not really supposed to do clings, squats, or other compounds during this phase. you are not trying to work out for hypertrophy in the phase you are in. you are only trying to workout to prevent athrophy. I hate cut phases. fortunately for me. I stay lean all year round naturally.
Right, however i am superhuman and im able to gain lbm while cutting.

Advertisement