MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)

Member Garage

Of Course the Libtard Media Missed this One.

Quote:
An Idaho activism group is questioning the state’s decision to enter into a plea agreement that will allow a white football player to avoid jail time in the alleged sexual assault of a black teen with disabilities.

The Idaho Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence, in a statement posted online, is urging Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden to take immediate action against state Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer.

“Deputy Attorney General Hemmer’s actions and statements dehumanizes the young man who was heinously penetrated and fuels and sanctions our culture of sexism, racism, able-ism, domination, aggression, and violence,” it said.

“The young man who was brutally penetrated was viewed as less than our dominant culture ‘ideal’ of masculinity. This was a crime … The actions by the football players and Dietrich High School were racist,” it added.

Idaho’s Twin Falls Times-News reported John R.K. Howard, 19, entered an Alford plea Friday in a Twin Falls courtroom to a reduced charge of injury to a child. In an Alford plea, the defendant does not admit guilt but acknowledges prosecutors have enough evidence for a conviction.

A former Dietrich High School football player, Howard was accused of sexually assaulting a teenage victim, who was not identified, with a coat hanger while others participated or watched. The teen, according to court documents obtained by The Washington Post, has “mental disorders including learning disabilities.”

Howard will serve two to three years of probation as part of the agreement. He will not have to register as a offender and can have his conviction dismissed upon successful completion of the terms of his probation. A judge is expected to accept the agreement when he sentences Howard on Feb. 24.

During Friday’s court proceeding, Hemmer reportedly called Howard’s behavior “egregious” and acknowledged it caused the victim “a lot of suffering,” but said it did not amount to a crime.

“We don’t believe it’s appropriate for Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a offender,” Hemmer said in court.

According to court documents, the alleged assault took place inside a high school locker room on Oct. 23, 2015. A teen, under the pretense of giving the victim a hug, restrained him while another teen “physically forced a coat hanger into the plaintiff’s ,” the documents say.

Howard kicked the coat hanger several times while it was inside the boy’s , the documents allege.

“I screamed,” the victim testified during an April preliminary hearing, according to the Times-News‎. “I was pretty upset. I felt really bad. A little bit betrayed and confused at the same time. It was terrible — a pain I’ve never felt.”

The assault caused injuries that required medical treatment, authorities said.

After a months-long investigation, the state attorney general’s office initially charged Howard and two underage teammates on the football team in March, with felony forcible penetration by use of a foreign object. The charge carried a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Because Howard’s co-defendants are charged in juvenile court, the disposition of their cases is not publicly available.

The victim’s family has filed a $10 million lawsuit against the school and 11 employees, including administrators and coaches who are accused of failing to stop the abuse.

The lawsuit alleges the victim was subjected to frequent racist abuse by Howard and other teammates — all of them white. The victim was “taunted and called racist names by other members of the team, which names included ‘Kool-Aid.’ ‘chicken eater,’ ‘watermelon,’ and ‘[n****r],’” the lawsuit alleges. It also claims Howard posted a confederate flag on the victim’s computer and made him recite a racist song titled “Moonman Notorious KKK,” which references lynching.

Howard, according to the lawsuit, was the leader of the abuse.

“Mr. Howard is a large and aggressive male who had been sent to live with his relatives in Idaho due to his inability to keep out of trouble in Texas,” the complaint says.

Coaches and administrators “ignored or were deliberately indifferent to the behavior of Mr. Howard, which included aggression, taunting and bullying of the plaintiff and other students in the district,” the lawsuit alleges. “With deliberate indifference, the defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the plaintiff.”

The lawsuit is still pending.

Hemmer in court Friday denied racism was a motive in the case.

“I will say that there are things that we found going around that school and that locker room involving a lot of the parties here that had racial undertones,” Hemmer told the judge. “But it’s not our belief that this was a racially motivated crime. This was more of a vulnerable-victim-motivated crime.”

Howard’s attorney, Brad Calbo, also told the judge he wanted it made “crystal clear” in the court record that “this victim was not at any time pinned down, raped, or pinned down and subjected to any sort of forcible penetration,” The Idaho Statesman reported.

The Idaho Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence is asking for: “Nothing short of a complete retraction by the Attorney General of Hemmer’s outrageous actions and statements and immediate action against Hemmer.”

“This was more than a “vulnerable-victim” motivated crime ― it was hate and unimaginable sexual violence against a young black high school student with a disability,” it said. “This was able-ism.”

The state attorney general’s office said it is not allowed to comment on the case until after sentencing, per a gag order from the judge.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0eb586484dd02
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!!! Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-18-2013 02:39 PM
Dam, Missed it by that much FLYIN'DUC General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 01-31-2008 11:59 AM
What have I missed??? Brena23 Off Topic 30 07-20-2007 08:28 AM
I missed out txferrari General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-14-2007 01:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC

Member Garage

Yeah, those idiots should have had the book thrown at them. Not sure why this turned out how it did.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
If the allegations are true, these fkers deserve to die in prison.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
40Arpent
Cajun Proud

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Sears Free Spirit wit da fat slick on da back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
If the allegations are true, these fkers deserve to die in prison.
IMO, if it's true, they deserve to be tortured in the same manner until it causes their death. Looks like Hemmer deserves the same treatment, also.
40Arpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Tricolor
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'12 CBR1000RR (sold)
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Of Course the Libtard Media Missed this One.

Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
paniro187

Bike(s):
2004 zx10r widow maker

4 replies? The other one was two pages by now. Lets pick it up fellas.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Yeah, those idiots should have had the book thrown at them. Not sure why this turned out how it did.
Didn't you read the thread title? I kinda have to agree with BigComfy. Looks like the story originally broke in May '16, when the media was far too worried about Trump to be bothered with other stories. There likely would have been a different outcome if the case had gotten more attention from the beginning.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
IMO, if it's true, they deserve to be tortured in the same manner until it causes their death. Looks like Hemmer deserves the same treatment, also.
I disagree. Hemmer needs to be tortured to the point of near death, then be prohibited from pressing charges or retaliating in any way.
Liked this post:
Old 01-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #9
jeffh
Unbannable

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
I disagree. Hemmer needs to be tortured to the point of near death, then be prohibited from pressing charges or retaliating in any way.
I like the way you think
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
rccarlson22

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Wouldn't this be a story the libtard media would jump on?
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #11
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Wouldn't this be a story the libtard media would jump on?
Normally, yes, but the assault happened in May when everyone was worried about the election, and most of the plea bargaining happened from September-December. Sadly, Trump and Meryl Streep will generate better ratings than bringing the story to the front page now.

Besides...it's winter in Idaho. No one's going up there to riot now.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #12
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Experience: 7 years

This was resurrected as a failed attempt to rebut what happened in Chicago. But lets put it into perspective. Idaho is 90% white and less than 1% black. If white people committed violent crimes at comparable rates to blacks or the demographics were reversed it would be much different (violent) picture.

I suspect the the reason the liberal media isn't digging for details is that it would hurt more than help. The desire to drum up another hate crime on white people is outweighed by the desire to protect homosexuals. Coat hangers and butts? Sounds like some booty slammers got together for an orgy and the black guy became upset when the coat hanger got stuck.

― Steve Sailer
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 AM   #13
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
This was resurrected as a failed attempt to rebut what happened in Chicago. But lets put it into perspective. Idaho is 90% white and less than 1% black. If white people committed violent crimes at comparable rates to blacks or the demographics were reversed it would be much different (violent) picture.
Read that sentence again. You know good and well that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
I suspect the the reason the liberal media isn't digging for details is that it would hurt more than help. The desire to drum up another hate crime on white people is outweighed by the desire to protect homosexuals. Coat hangers and butts? Sounds like some booty slammers got together for an orgy and the black guy became upset when the coat hanger got stuck.
Then this story would be the perfect storm. A white-committed hate crime against a black homosexual. The media would be defending the victim's proclivities while calling for the death of his assailants.

You're way off your rocker on this rant.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:28 AM   #14
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

No it's not publicized bc these white idiots didn't video like the black idiots and let it go viral. Either way, they shouldn't get off. Btw this is in no way meant to be a racial remark. They are all equally guilty and deserve what's coming to them
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #15
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Guys, not to be a but each and everyone of you are missing the point - coat hangers are clearly being discriminated against. This is not a white or black issues. Instead, this incident clearly shows that still today coat hangers have failed to secure a place in our society.

#coathangerslivesmatter

How would you feel if you were forced to penetrate a that wasn't your own?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #16
LostArtist

Member Garage

This was covered in local news. so the question is, why didn't National news grab this and blow it up all over the place?

Because it happened in a small podunk town in Idaho, even if it was a big city in Idaho, it's a podunk town.

another question is, why are YOU bringing this up now? you didn't bring this up when it happened, you and I didn't care about it when it happened. but now you feel all justified in bringing it up to show bias in the National media, when that National media is just sharing YOUR bias as well. There's nothing stopping you from setting a google alert for this kind of news anytime it happens so you can report it to us WHEN it actually happens, but you (and I) don't really care about that happens in Idaho). But instead, because you probably heard some (right wing) radio jock try to make some kind of equivalency between this and the Chicago violence as of some kind of lame backhanded attempt slur the National Media.

heck, you're even over a month late behind the Liberal HUFFPOST, and if you do a google search for this, it was in Washington Post, The Dallas News, heck even Cosmopolitan magazine online, all before you felt the need to share it here.

basically, the national news doesn't have an office in podunk Idaho, but they have one in Chicago, it's EASY to report on something in your own backyard in Chicago, it's harder to get an expense report justified to go to Idaho to report on something maybe 100,000 people have heard about.

not excusing how awful a crime this is, but there are lots of this kind of stuff happening all over the globe, and thankfully, we don't hear about all of it all the time, we'd all lose faith in humanity
Old 01-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #17
BigComfy

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostArtist View Post
This was covered in local news. so the question is, why didn't National news grab this and blow it up all over the place?

Because it happened in a small podunk town in Idaho, even if it was a big city in Idaho, it's a podunk town.

another question is, why are YOU bringing this up now? you didn't bring this up when it happened, you and I didn't care about it when it happened. but now you feel all justified in bringing it up to show bias in the National media, when that National media is just sharing YOUR bias as well. There's nothing stopping you from setting a google alert for this kind of news anytime it happens so you can report it to us WHEN it actually happens, but you (and I) don't really care about that happens in Idaho). But instead, because you probably heard some (right wing) radio jock try to make some kind of equivalency between this and the Chicago violence as of some kind of lame backhanded attempt slur the National Media.

heck, you're even over a month late behind the Liberal HUFFPOST, and if you do a google search for this, it was in Washington Post, The Dallas News, heck even Cosmopolitan magazine online, all before you felt the need to share it here.

basically, the national news doesn't have an office in podunk Idaho, but they have one in Chicago, it's EASY to report on something in your own backyard in Chicago, it's harder to get an expense report justified to go to Idaho to report on something maybe 100,000 people have heard about.

not excusing how awful a crime this is, but there are lots of this kind of stuff happening all over the globe, and thankfully, we don't hear about all of it all the time, we'd all lose faith in humanity
I hadn't read about it until now. Please don't probe me, kind sir.

However, with that being said, you're right, and will set a google news filter immediately: coat hanger probing

Happy?
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote