MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #41
Repth
literally can't even

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I agree with that and yet, if a candidate isn't strongly pro-2nd amendment, I am NOT gonna vote for him.

My belief is that the 2nd amendment is the most important because it ensures our right to defend ourselves against the gubment, if needed. If we can't do that, then the rest of the Bill of Rights and the entire Constitution is not worth the paper it is written on. ( I know it's parchment, ha ha)
Totally agreed. But it's not like either one of us would go around and automatically assume that just because someone doesn't vote how we do, they're anti-gun loonies who wanna remove private gun ownership from the citizens of this country. There ARE those people, but everyone who votes left isn't voting that way because they hate guns. That's the part of identity politics that becomes a real problem -- when you use the identity to attack those who are not members of the group
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Korean Summit 60 Years In the Making TomballD Off Topic 29 05-03-2018 05:33 AM
Local Korean-Americans 'cautiously optimistic' after historic summit NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-27-2018 05:50 PM
First lady Melania Trump goes full-on French in Chanel for first Trump state dinner NewsBot Entertainment 0 04-24-2018 11:00 PM
Ford Cancels Mexico Plant---Go Trump! BuckNut Off Topic 45 01-09-2017 01:07 PM
Donald Trump cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' appearance NewsBot Entertainment 0 10-20-2015 11:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
watch the media and big business, they only support the first amendment for PC/liberal folks... any conservative, or just plain redneck is a bigot or racist or homophobe if they speak out against anything. Too many so called conservative republicans keep their mouth shut when that happens... I almost hate miss Bar...but what happened to her has not happened to liberal comedians and talk show hosts when they made the exact same references to conservatives...it goes way beyond double standards and becomes persecution. It has gotten to the point that being a christian white conservative person in this country has become a crime and made one as game in open season.
You're exactly right. What I don't understand is why conservative tell these liberals to fark off. I could care less what they say or think of me. I consider them human vermin and not worth a bullet. I mean we have the guns why don't we say what we want and not give a what they think.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #43
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
You're exactly right. What I don't understand is why conservative tell these liberals to fark off. I could care less what they say or think of me. I consider them human vermin and not worth a bullet. I mean we have the guns why don't we say what we want and not give a what they think.
Hey Bill, I'm not surprised this has escaped you, but people like you are the problem. You are an enormous offender when it comes to identity politics -- anyone who doesn't vote the way you vote must be an anti-gun, pro-terrorist, anti-christianity baby-killer. You demonize people who vote opposite of you without caring to hear what they believe in or why, and the only thing it accomplishes is them digging their heels into their beliefs that much deeper.

Let me be abundantly clear here -- people who think like you are the anchor that is keeping this country from being the greatest country it could be. No, by people like you I don't mean conservatives. I'm talking about reductionist, identity-thumping mongoloids.
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #44
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Hey Bill, I'm not surprised this has escaped you, but people like you are the problem. You are an enormous offender when it comes to identity politics -- anyone who doesn't vote the way you vote must be an anti-gun, pro-terrorist, anti-christianity baby-killer. You demonize people who vote opposite of you without caring to hear what they believe in or why, and the only thing it accomplishes is them digging their heels into their beliefs that much deeper.

Let me be abundantly clear here -- people who think like you are the anchor that is keeping this country from being the greatest country it could be. No, by people like you I don't mean conservatives. I'm talking about reductionist, identity-thumping mongoloids.
I have heard what they think and they are retards. They don't have a lick of sense in their bodies otherwise they wouldn't be liberals in the first place. They stand for everything that is good and decent. They kill babies for convenience they want to tax the money I work for to give to those that don't. They like muslims that kill Christians and atheist all over the world. They want more regulations that stop and hinder growth. They hate the middle class and love illegal immigrants because they are the only people that are stupid enough to vote for them. They hate the first and second amends. They are not the opposing political party they are an ENEMY OF THE COUNTRY PERIOD. I wish we could send them all the middle east and see how much they like muslims then.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #45
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
I have heard what they think and they are retards. They don't have a lick of sense in their bodies otherwise they wouldn't be liberals in the first place. They stand for everything that is good and decent. They kill babies for convenience they want to tax the money I work for to give to those that don't. They like muslims that kill Christians and atheist all over the world. They want more regulations that stop and hinder growth. They hate the middle call and love illegal immigrant because they are the only people that are stupid enough to vote for them. They hate the first and second amends. They are not the opposing political party they are an ENEMY OF THE COUNTRY PERIOD. I wish we could send them all the middle east and see how much they like muslims then.
You have talked to every person who did not vote Republican in this past election? That is impressive.

But seriously your post is exactly what I'm talking about. You characterized it perfectly! Anyone who doesn't vote the way you do is automatically assigned an identity commensurate with all of those things that you hate. Do you think it's fair when people lump you in with a group you don't belong with and straw-man your viewpoints? No of course not, it's only fair when the people on the receiving end of that fuckery are not you.
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 05-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #46
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
You have talked to every person who did not vote Republican in this past election? That is impressive.

But seriously your post is exactly what I'm talking about. You characterized it perfectly! Anyone who doesn't vote the way you do is automatically assigned an identity commensurate with all of those things that you hate. Do you think it's fair when people lump you in with a group you don't belong with and straw-man your viewpoints? No of course not, it's only fair when the people on the receiving end of that fuckery are not you.
tell me what they stand for then? and tell me if I didn't hit it out of the park. They are useless human beings period.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #47
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
tell me what they stand for then? and tell me if I didn't hit it out of the park. They are useless human beings period.
You have missed the entire point. The point is not talking about what an identity group stands for. It's about how demeaning individuals by ascribing them a group identity that makes loads of unfair assumptions about them is the problem.
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 05-31-2018, 05:01 PM   #48
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
You have missed the entire point. The point is not talking about what an identity group stands for. It's about how demeaning individuals by ascribing them a group identity that makes loads of unfair assumptions about them is the problem.
no unfair assumptions it's their platform. they suck - nothing but fascist commies.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:03 PM   #49
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
no unfair assumptions it's their platform. they suck - nothing but fascist commies.
One day I hope to meet you in person to find out if "bill" is just a character you play or if you are actually, shockingly, the highest functioning mentally retarded person I've ever encountered
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 05-31-2018, 07:42 PM   #50
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Or maybe you think you understand things about people who think differently from you, but you don't.

Without being allowed to generalize in a conversation we are reduced to discussing only what people like you, define as the correct parameters of discussion.
What i mean is, you make it sound as though Bill has no right to talk about liberals because he hasn't personally interviewed all 150 million of them.
I call bull . We have to be able to have conversations in generalities our we are reduced to squabbling over minutia constantly.

It's fair for you to argue that not every member of this group or that group isn't exactly the same ite that they don't all believe every detail of the group's perceived mindset. But it's not fair to make it as though all conversations involving generalized assumptions are invalid.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #51
Toe
et vincere nemo dividat

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
Ducati multistrada
BMW k 1600 GTL exclusive :)

Yeah and I didn't see Repth go after Hondahero's generalization that all Trump supporters are Rednecks either. Liberalism is killing this country from the inside out.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #52
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

[quote=Toe;4149092]Yeah and I didn't see Repth go after Hondahero's generalization that all Trump supporters are Rednecks either. [quote]

Yea what's up with that repth?

Quote:
Liberalism is killing this country from the inside out.
They ARE they are nothing but a cancer.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #53
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Or maybe you think you understand things about people who think differently from you, but you don't.

Without being allowed to generalize in a conversation we are reduced to discussing only what people like you, define as the correct parameters of discussion.
What i mean is, you make it sound as though Bill has no right to talk about liberals because he hasn't personally interviewed all 150 million of them.
I call bull . We have to be able to have conversations in generalities our we are reduced to squabbling over minutia constantly.

It's fair for you to argue that not every member of this group or that group isn't exactly the same ite that they don't all believe every detail of the group's perceived mindset. But it's not fair to make it as though all conversations involving generalized assumptions are invalid.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #54
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:

You seem to likewise have missed the point. My problem is not with allowing us to discuss things using group ideologies, the issue I take is with those who act as though anyone who votes in opposition to them automatically belongs to some easily unified set of ideals. Of course we can talk about liberalism without interviewing every person who claims to be liberal, that's not what I'm drawing into question. My problem is with people telling me I hate gays and women and schoolchildren and love guns and religion and wage slavery by voting Republican. That type of thing is not only unfair but profoundly unhelpful and it's exactly what bill does ad nauseum.
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 06-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #55
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Yeah and I didn't see Repth go after Hondahero's generalization that all Trump supporters are Rednecks either. Liberalism is killing this country from the inside out.
He didn't say all Trump supporters are rednecks. He said this forum is full of rednecks. I took a quick look at his post history to make sure I didn't miss a post where he was engaging in identity politics by trying to assign people to a political ideology that they don't even belong to simply because they didn't vote how he voted. Yeah, he hasn't done that.

Liberalism, as in classic liberalism, is what we can thank for the prosperity of this country. Laissez faire, small government, free market, feds staying out of everyones social business... That's all good .
Meh, I agree with his OP

Last edited by Repth; 06-01-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Liked this post:
Old 06-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #56
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

What's killing this country is identity politics on BOTH SIDES.
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 06-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #57
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
PCX 150

Quote:
Liberalism, as in classic liberalism, is what we can thank for the prosperity of this country. Laissez faire, small government, free market, feds staying out of everyones social business... That's all good .
>> i suggest you take a look at Samuel Huntington's "The Soldier and the State" ... it is a persuasive argument against "liberalism" .. it is a BOOK so the contents remain largely unknown to tRumpaholics & Foxnuts
Old 06-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #58
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXPOTD View Post
>> i suggest you take a look at Samuel Huntington's "The Soldier and the State" ... it is a persuasive argument against "liberalism" .. it is a BOOK so the contents remain largely unknown to tRumpaholics & Foxnuts
Can you explain briefly what the book has to do with classical liberalism? It seems at a glance a book that is concerned with codifying how we handle our military
Meh, I agree with his OP
Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #59
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
He didn't say all Trump supporters are rednecks. He said this forum is full of rednecks. I took a quick look at his post history to make sure I didn't miss a post where he was engaging in identity politics by trying to assign people to a political ideology that they don't even belong to simply because they didn't vote how he voted. Yeah, he hasn't done that.

Are you sure you are saying the right one? I think you are talking libertarian not liberalism. Liberals are freak'n morons. Liberals want HUGE govt. Free market is fine as long as it's a FAIR market. Liberals want to tax people that make money and give it to lazy pos people that don't do anyting for the country but sponge off it.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #60
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Are you sure you are saying the right one? I think you are talking libertarian not liberalism. Liberals are freak'n morons. Liberals want HUGE govt. Free market is fine as long as it's a FAIR market. Liberals want to tax people that make money and give it to lazy pos people that don't do anyting for the country but sponge off it.
Did you notice how I made sure to say "classic liberalism"? I sure as didn't say that's what Democrats want because it's definitely not.
Meh, I agree with his OP

Advertisement