MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #61
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
PCX 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Did you notice how I made sure to say "classic liberalism"? I sure as didn't say that's what Democrats want because it's definitely not.
>>> since you are attempting explain to non readers the following might clarify: ... in the United States, liberalism took a strong root because it had little opposition ... in a land of open spaces progressive thoughts are easily exchanged & implemented because there are less social & political constrictions ...Thomas Jefferson adopted many of the ideals of liberalism, but in the Declaration of Independence changed Locke's "life, liberty and property" to the more socially liberal "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" ... these were the seeds of the "liberal attitudes in the US ... the blooms from these seeds are not remotely consistent with the current democratic party agenda likewise the current republican agenda is inconsistent with any measure of conservatism > see F Hayek "The Road to Serfdom"
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Korean Summit 60 Years In the Making TomballD Off Topic 29 05-03-2018 05:33 AM
Local Korean-Americans 'cautiously optimistic' after historic summit NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-27-2018 05:50 PM
First lady Melania Trump goes full-on French in Chanel for first Trump state dinner NewsBot Entertainment 0 04-24-2018 11:00 PM
Ford Cancels Mexico Plant---Go Trump! BuckNut Off Topic 45 01-09-2017 01:07 PM
Donald Trump cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' appearance NewsBot Entertainment 0 10-20-2015 11:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #62
RC45

Bike(s):
Some old 2 stroke track bikes

Shouldn't this thread be re-titled "Trump wins yet another news cycle with an awesomely successful summit on his terms" ?
Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #63
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Shouldn't this thread be re-titled "Trump wins yet another news cycle with an awesomely successful summit on his terms" ?
We had the summit, and let me tell you something, it was an awesomely successful summit, the best summit possibly in the history of summits, a summit that crooked Hillary would never have dreamed of having. There were some great things discussed in this summit, powerful stuff, and let me tell you, the future, boy the future sure is bright
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #64
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha YZF600R
2003 Honda VFR800 VTEC
2002 Yamaha WR250
2004 Honda CRF-50

Member Garage

Quote:
We had the summit, and let me tell you something, it was an awesomely successful summit, the best summit possibly in the history of summits, a summit that crooked Hillary would never have dreamed of having. There were some great things discussed in this summit, powerful stuff, and let me tell you, the future, boy the future sure is bright
Old 06-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #65
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Well... glad you finally came to your senses!
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #66
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Well... glad you finally came to your senses!
On a serious note, while I have little faith in Kim's intention to do anything good for his people or the rest of the world, having a conversation with him is the best possible thing that the president can do. I think it's hilarious how a lot of people who bash Trump would flip flop on what they're bashing him for. "He's gonna sit down with a dictator who puts his own citizens in concentration camps!" Followed by, when the summit is canceled, "see, I told you Trump would never make peace with N Korea!" You also have the pro-Trump camp doing the same thing. "Trump is going to make peace with N Korea!" Followed by "Trump isn't gonna dignify that POS Kim with a face to face meeting!" If there is a path to peace with N Korea, this is what it looks like. I hope it is for real
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #67
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
On a serious note, while I have little faith in Kim's intention to do anything good for his people or the rest of the world, having a conversation with him is the best possible thing that the president can do. I think it's hilarious how a lot of people who bash Trump would flip flop on what they're bashing him for. "He's gonna sit down with a dictator who puts his own citizens in concentration camps!" Followed by, when the summit is canceled, "see, I told you Trump would never make peace with N Korea!" You also have the pro-Trump camp doing the same thing. "Trump is going to make peace with N Korea!" Followed by "Trump isn't gonna dignify that POS Kim with a face to face meeting!" If there is a path to peace with N Korea, this is what it looks like. I hope it is for real
We all know that has been a cautiously trodden path in the past with no luck, just like this attempt will turn out. But this is a step in the right directions decades in the making. Kim will get his money and keep some of his nukes and his people will continue to starve, be beaten, killed and raped, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #68
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Me too.

And for the record, when I found out that Trump was running for pres.
I laughed and said, "That guy is a buffoon"! "The rest of the world is gonna laugh at us"!

And they did. Many still do.
Even so, he has done things that I don't believe very many could have gotten done. Good things. Some not so good, I concede.

Some you will never hear about because I believe the media intentionally under reports the good things he accomplishes.

For example, have you heard what he did to ZTE, the giant Chinese electronics mfr?
I'm not saying it wasn't reported but the media made a much bigger deal about some tweet he made than this and this is a big story, IMHO. This was a situation that impacted not just U.S. security but potentially, world security.

If the media was fair and balanced, they would have made a big splash about it and celebrated how it played out, but then they would have to admit he did something good.
Better to focus on what DeNiro said at the Tony's than admit something like that!
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement