MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #21
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
15 honda 1000 cbr
08 honda 1000 cbr
03 honda magna
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
that. I didn't even attend my own graduation ceremonies for high school or college. As soon as I took the last test I told them to mail me my diploma and I'm out.
Same here.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single mom of 5 inspires in law school graduation photo NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-10-2018 10:40 PM
School brings student's graduation to... NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 05-16-2017 10:50 PM
Two Plano high school students diagnosed with whooping cough NewsBot Health 0 11-10-2015 07:10 AM
Texas business group head questions school graduation rates NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 08-30-2015 09:00 PM
Spring ISD scheduling errors could jeopardize graduation for high school seniors NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 02-12-2015 12:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #22
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
15 honda 1000 cbr
08 honda 1000 cbr
03 honda magna
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
I burned two huge bowls of dro on my drive to NRG for my HS graduation, it was a good ceremony. (circa 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
*Everyday of HS basically*

School is not what it was when I was there. They didn't even teach my niece incursive handwriting.

Yea it makes school a bit more interesting & challenging when you dumb yourself down to the level of the lesson.

$0 They better be thankful that I even showed up to watch them walk.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #23
Repth
literally can't even

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
School is not what it was when I was there. They didn't even teach my niece incursive handwriting.

Yea it makes school a bit more interesting & challenging when you dumb yourself down to the level of the lesson.

$0 They better be thankful that I even showed up to watch them walk.
Thank they didn't teach your niece cursive. I wasted an entire year in school learning and using that dogshit and it's worthless
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
PCX 150

Exclamation US education system fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
School is not what it was when I was there. They didn't even teach my niece (incursive) handwriting.

>>> i have many x many hours of high & higher & higher education reeducation & conditioning BUT was never taught to write in "incursive" style ... #MAKE AMERICA EDUCATE
Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #25
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1997 XR400 TARDED

Got some real rebels here.....I'm too cool for my graduation. For most kids this is the biggest accomplishment of their lives at this point. Sure looking back on it now you can say it doesn't mean anything, its stupid, blah blah blah. I really hope you don't treat your own kids this way because you not being excited for them at this major milestone in their lives will have dire consequences.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #26
BuckNut
Bye, Felicia!

Bike(s):
A Few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Thank they didn't teach your niece cursive. I wasted an entire year in school learning and using that dogshit and it's worthless
Uhm, so how are you to sign legal documents if basic principals of cursive is not taught?

Itís really sad, my kids must sign papers at every race and print their name because cursive is not taught. Guess Iíll add another task to teach...
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #27
Repth
literally can't even

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
Got some real rebels here.....I'm too cool for my graduation. For most kids this is the biggest accomplishment of their lives at this point. Sure looking back on it now you can say it doesn't mean anything, its stupid, blah blah blah. I really hope you don't treat your own kids this way because you not being excited for them at this major milestone in their lives will have dire consequences.
I'm not too cool for a high school graduation. It's just not an accomplishment. I went anyway, for my parents, because they wanted to see me walk. I didn't want to walk for my college graduation because I find the ceremony to be silly and I got all the sense of accomplishment I needed without shaking the dean's hand on stage. Not being excited for your kid's graduation is probably NOT something that will have dire consequences unless your kid is very excited about their own graduation.
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
Meh, I agree with his OP
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I've rec'd graduation announcements for cousins I barely know and friends kids that I have never even met. Not sure what the wife sent, but it sure as heck wasn't a Benjamin.

My parents threw me a party, but it was pretty low key. I do remember losing like $250 of what had been given to me on the ping pong table. Good times!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #29
trunxgp1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Uhm, so how are you to sign legal documents if basic principals of cursive is not taught?

Itís really sad, my kids must sign papers at every race and print their name because cursive is not taught. Guess Iíll add another task to teach...
thy sign their legal documents the same way they sign their race documents all a signature is, is a stylized depiction stating you understand and consent to the document being signed.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #30
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Fun fact every school my kids have attended have taught how to sign their name. That's a pretty common thing to be taught. They don't teach cursive but a signature isn't exactly a big lesson..
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #31
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Fun fact: we have a responder that works for us and he signs all of his stuff (timesheets, reports, etc) with a little cartoon whale (play on his name). even signed his passport with the whale.

Also, I had my first crash between graduation and project grad.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement