MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 BMW K1200S
1994 Honda Shadow VLX600
1985 Yamaha FJ1100
FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper - SOLD
1964 Tote Gote - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Dumping it....

The wife took her 1st real trip out on the back roads yesterday. I was following her and communicating with her via Bluetooth.

There was a car tailing us, so she decided to pull over and let them pass. As soon as she pulled into a gravel driveway she loss her front wheel and dumped it. It was at slow speed and she even tried to lay it down softly, but while doing so, she was WOT.

It was scary for her, but she composed herself as best as one would when going down. She even reacted quickly after realizing she had the throttle open, by turning the kill switch to shut it off.

All-in-all, no damages... Just hurt feelings.

Once she got her mind right, we preformed a crash analysis. She was between 10-15mph once she entered the loose gravel. She made it about 10 feet before she realized her front wheel was sliding out from under her. The skid marks were about 4 feet long coming from only the front wheel. We determined that she was using too much front brake and possibly not even using the rear at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?

Formally - Toe
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: